Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To tune it or not to tune it? Who has the best software?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 02:41 PM
Bskyoon
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Let me say I k ke Kevin fairly well and he's great. He does things the way very few of us do...Hey buddy! Good options here and that's a good thing
Exactly, I'm glad this thread didn't turn into a mine is better than yours deal. Research and opinions, good luck!
Old 06-09-2017, 06:15 PM
Poppahay
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are very fortunate these days in that there are many quality products in the "tuning" arena for our beloved Porsche's. In the past we would throw a bunch of add ons at our car and hope they were compatible. Now we have several company's out there creating software that allows these components to be, for the most part, in complete harmony. Making our cars much better products themselves.
Old 06-09-2017, 06:28 PM
strato58
Pro

Received 113 Likes on 66 Posts

I don't know about "best" because you would have to have experienced every tune to determine that. I purchased a Softronic tune back when that was the rage and I have not experienced one hiccup since its installation. Seems pretty good and safe to me.
Old 06-10-2017, 06:47 AM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

I have the FVD tune and all seems well. Only tune I have had and compared to a stock ECU, difference definitely. How good is it compared to others, have no idea. No issues or check engine lights. At first I felt like it was all smoke and mirrors and just nonsense. As mentioned, after I drove a stock car with same exhaust, I definitely felt a difference. $1100 was my cost. But.....the loader does not work any longer and after repeated calls to Germany, no luck. Gave up.
Old 06-10-2017, 07:05 AM
DocHW
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

^ I think Saabin did a comparison with FVD, do a search for "fun with data" iirc.

I too have a umw tune. Cars runs great. I would never do a tune without datalogging, where you can see what your engine is doing.
Old 06-10-2017, 12:39 PM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 530 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by DocHW
^ I think Saabin did a comparison with FVD, do a search for "fun with data" iirc.

I too have a umw tune. Cars runs great. I would never do a tune without datalogging, where you can see what your engine is doing.
Yeah I did a fair amount of logging.. https://rennlist.com/forums/997-turb...with-data.html

I too had the FVD for a while but their 3rd party loader from DMSport or whoever it is was buggy..

Quick Reply: To tune it or not to tune it? Who has the best software?