Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hitting a crossroad

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 03:07 PM
newton982
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Float it for sale at a slightly higher than market price and see what comes of it. Based on the interest you get, it might help you come to a decision.
Old 05-04-2017, 03:33 PM
monty007
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by newton982
Float it for sale at a slightly higher than market price and see what comes of it. Based on the interest you get, it might help you come to a decision.
Agreed with Newton982 - put it above standard pricing. If it goes then it goes and you didn't blow it out.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:40 PM
CincyScott
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by newton982
Originally Posted by monty007
Agreed with Newton982 - put it above standard pricing. If it goes then it goes and you didn't blow it out.
Yeah, that's where I was leaning. Put it at $80k firm and let the market decide.
Old 05-04-2017, 06:25 PM
vbb
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Bskyoon
I don't 'DD' mine, maybe 2-3x a week at most these days but there hasn't been a day when I left for work and I haven't stopped and done a double take each time I see it. I've always said cars to guys are like diamonds to women, for some reason its good enough just having them there. Back to the point though, maybe because I'm still in student loan mode I don't see why you couldn't have it all? You could probably secure a line of credit as mentioned above anywhere from 2.5-4.5%. However, that's subjective since interest is often just wasted money...
Yeah, I don't DD mine either. I'm guilty of leaving it in the garage far too often. I don't drive it in rain, rarely drive it to work, don't take it on trips... so I'll take it out maybe once or twice a week to do a little 30 mile drive then put it back in the garage. I've frequently considered selling mine because I feel like I'm just wasting it, but then decided to get a bunch of preventative maintenance done, stop worrying about resale and just enjoy the darn thing. I probably still will refrain from using it as a commuter to work (more for the image than anything else), but I'll definitely be taking it out more often. I didn't get my dream car just to look at it in the garage (though I do a fair amount of that too).
Old 05-08-2017, 04:43 PM
Turboslut
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Money is cheap...the Fed wants you to BORROW. MAGA!

Quick Reply: Hitting a crossroad