Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just switched Porsche Dealers for service and this was in my service directors office

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 01:02 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 851 Likes on 434 Posts
Default Just switched Porsche Dealers for service and this was in my service directors office

My regular dealer wanted $3119 for the 4 year service. I called around and the other Porsche dealer across town wanted $2500 instead (with the 10% off for Porsche Club Members) so now I'm going to the other dealer in Silver Spring MD. Yay! And they gave me a 2015 white/beige Panamera instead of the usual Audi A3 or Audi Q5 I get from my other dealer. Double Yay.

I LOVE driving this Panamera though I don't personally find it that attractive compared to my 2012 Mercedes S63. It definitely drives nicely and feels great in my hands. Love all the buttons too.

And they gave me a lovely huge calendar for free, just for asking, the ones that sells for like $40-50. So happy I switched dealers. The expresso machine there is much nicer too and the free snacks were better. It's the little things that make me happy in life.

And, seeing this in my service directors office made my day. How amazing to see MY CAR on the wall of my service director's office. It was meant to be, switching to this dealer from now on.

He had 2 of these chairs in his office for customers to sit in while waiting for him. Now I want one, but they're $8500 or something like that. Darn.

Sweet shelf! OMG... WANT.

Who among us wouldn't want this clock on their office wall!

Then there's this on the showroom floor. An almost new 2015 GT3. Yay for the color red.

And... WANT!

This is the start of a great new dealer relationship. Plus, my service writer is a cool guy and a watch lover like me. It helps to connect with the people that fix our babies.

Do you folks like your service writers/directors at your Porsche dealerships? It enhances the service experience if you're treated well, that's for sure.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:07 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

From - to? Is that Tysons? I use Arlington, they are GREAT too!
Old 04-25-2017, 01:22 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 4ocious
From - to? Is that Tysons? I use Arlington, they are GREAT too!
From Rockville to Silver Spring Porsche.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:23 PM
FLT951
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

decorating more decadent than the Bunny Ranch.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:54 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 109 Posts

That seems overly expensive for a service? What does it include? I'd assume plugs, brake fluid, oil?
Old 04-25-2017, 04:11 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nzskater
That seems overly expensive for a service? What does it include? I'd assume plugs, brake fluid, oil?
Yes, they gave me a list and those items are on them. The plugs are very expensive on this car to do, they said.

Where I live, from a dealer, that's how much it costs on this particular 2012 Turbo S model year car. It is what it is. And yes, I called around. Even a guy from Rennlist from another state, Ohio I think, said he was told the same thing from his dealer.

Believe me, if I can save a dime, I would have driven somewhere else! I live in the DC Metro region. Things may be more expensive here and I'm not taking this car to an indie, ever. With the centerlock wheels being a bit of a process to get them off, the $100k car free loaner car deal, the niceties of the dealership I now bring it to, I'm a customer for life (or at least this month).
Old 04-25-2017, 04:38 PM
2K7TTMIA
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

good to hear, and hopefully other dealers follow suit to gain new clients. I'm diggin the 991.2 S tail pipes.... BTW, the poster is a gen 1 997TT...mine...
Old 04-25-2017, 05:01 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 2K7TTMIA
good to hear, and hopefully other dealers follow suit to gain new clients. I'm diggin the 991.2 S tail pipes.... BTW, the poster is a gen 1 997TT...mine...
Funny, I didn't even notice those 991 S Tailpipes till you mentioned it (agreed, cool) and also didn't realize the car in the poster was a 997.1 instead of Gen 2.

I asked him "what compelling reason is there for me to sell my 997.2 Turbo S one day to get a 991 Turbo S instead?" He said - "oh yeah, the 991 Turbo S is MUCH NICER in every way. You must get one one day."

Yeah, I just don't see it. I LOVE MY CAR and it will save me a ton of money to keep it so I will. Plus, I really like the body style of my car. A lot.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:33 PM
jehu999
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yikes...I thought Ferrari service was pricey. Seems Porsche is trying to catch up. I take all my fun cars to indy shops. I'm just picky with which shop I use.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:46 PM
stpatsday
Racer

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by FLT951
decorating more decadent than the Bunny Ranch.
lol
Old 04-26-2017, 03:46 AM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

hahaha, great post Steve. You should share a good experience at a main dealer, too. I found is cool that the guy is clearly a genuine enthusiast as well.
The pick of the lot, apart from the GT3 and free food would be the wall clock! That thing is sweet.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:28 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993MAN
I found it cool that the guy is clearly a genuine enthusiast as well.
The pick of the lot, apart from the GT3 and free food would be the wall clock! That thing is sweet.
This looks like it might be expensive....I just googled and found it, I think.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/p...rim-84976.html

As an extension of last years’ Porsche’s collection of genuine sportscar parts, the German auto maker has recently unveiled their latest wall clock. Made from a 20-inch Porsche 911 Turbo rim, the time piece is made in Germany and already hit the market.

Tic-tac is Porsche’s clock... and our time to talk. How good are we at randomly building lyrics, right? Ok, maybe we’re not. But you have to admit, the way these auto makers keep pushing their engineering towards fields that are not really about cars is a bit funny. However, turning one’s passion for sportscars into an everyday occupation (or should we say every hour, considering how often you look at the clock?) is kind of innovative.

Designed by Porsche Design Studio, the 20-inch Turbo rim has an integrated Germany-made quartz watch mechanism. Both hands are made of aluminum, painted in the Porsche exterior color “Indian Red.” According to Porsche, the crest is in the centre of the rim and rotates with the minute hand, while a steel wall rack guarantees that the clock, which weighs 8 kilograms (17 lbs), is securely mounted.

The timepiece is even hung on the wall with a faithful recreation of a Porsche valve cap, which makes this collectable as genuine Porsche as possible. We’re not quite sure if we’d buy it considering it costs a bit over $2,000 (EUR 1,497), but in case you’re thinking doing that, you can always check their website.
http://www.porsche.com/shop/
Old 04-28-2017, 04:04 AM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

hahaha, $1500! Bollox to that. I've got an old Turbo twist wheel off my 993 here that I should get someone to hack up just for fun.
I would have paid about $500 for it, but not 1500.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:47 PM
Turboslut
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Porsche West Broward down here in South Florida is actually a decent dealer. They do not try and gouge you, and work with you on pricing of parts if you are a loyal customer. Saving minimal amounts to put my baby in the hands of an indy, I'd rather do it myself if it isn't soemthing critical.

Quick Reply: Just switched Porsche Dealers for service and this was in my service directors office