Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Europipe 997.2TT installed

Old 03-20-2017, 12:24 AM
Sina Iranman
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Europipe 997.2TT installed

First post -- been lurking for almost 2 years when I bought a '12 Turbo Cab. Been researching exhausts for several months and I think I've listened to every youtube clip out there. Decided on the Europipe and installed it this weekend.

As far as the exhaust goes, I have nothing to add that hasn't already been said. The cold start is intoxicating, the exhaust is aggressive, hearing turbo spool is phenomenal, and the noise created with light throttle driving is on par with the stock system. Stef has been great as well. I see why there are so many EP fanboys here.

The install was straightforward. I'm a novice and haven't worked on cars in over 10 years. If I can do it, anybody can.
The tools supplied with the EP kit are a must. The only other items I needed were a jack, jackstands, Kroil, 13 and 16mm sockets with extensions, and a 22mm wrench.
A couple thoughts/notes from my experience (using the EP install guide):
- I had zero issues with the nuts on the turbo housing. Maybe it was the fear instilled by several other posts, but I sprayed them with Kroil for 2 days prior to the removal, and they came off easily. So much so that I reused them. This is on a 2012 with 40k miles.
- There were 2 small nuts attaching the intercooler housing to the heatshield that weren't mentioned in the instructions. (picture below)
- When reinstalling the intercooler, I had to completely remove the rubber hose that connects to the Y pipe. I then re-connected it to the intercooler and reinstalled that as one unit. In this manner I could ensure that the c-clip was installed properly. (picture below)
- I couldn't release enough slack on the o2 sensors so I removed them while the exhaust was attached, tucked them away safely, and reinstalled on the new cat once mounted onto the turbo.
- The whole system can be removed with 1 person, but I needed a second hand installing the new exhaust.

I can add more pictures of the process if you guys want more detail than the (excellent) one below:
http://guides.drivediy.com/Guide/Por...ust+Install/41

If anyone's on the fence, a) go upgrade your exhaust -- we have a number of great systems available and b) do it yourself.
Attached Images   
Old 03-20-2017, 03:06 PM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 101 Posts

Congrats! The EP system is awesome!
Old 03-20-2017, 04:43 PM
realking
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Nice job; I love my EP too!
Old 12-07-2017, 10:36 AM
speed_kills
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Just installed an EP exhaust to my 997.2 TTS and I'm very pleased!

Although still not as nice as an NA engine, I like the sound much better. Plus there's a noticeable improvement in power delivery as with the stock exhaust in the past, I felt that power was a bit weak or sort of dead before turbo kicks in.

I was almost ready to sell my TTS but the EP brought new enjoyment to my car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Europipe 997.2TT installed