Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airstrip Race Videos - 997.2 Turbo S at Half Mile Event

Old 03-11-2017, 09:34 PM
longboarder
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Airstrip Race Videos - 997.2 Turbo S at Half Mile Event

Went to Shift S3ctor's Airstrip Event at the end of February 2017 in Central California. The format of the events is a standing start half mile race from an arm drop. My car gets out of the hole real quick Love this platform

Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dpj...ature=youtu.be
Old 03-12-2017, 03:55 AM
bigrpowr
Rennlist Member

Received 330 Likes on 227 Posts

great videos ! i signed up for the shafter race, hope to have you beat me there !
Old 03-12-2017, 09:53 AM
vbb
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks like nothing can touch your launch, and once you're ahead, nobody can catch up. It's amazing how fast you get out of the hole! I know a lot of it is the driver mod, but what tire and suspension setup are you running again?
Old 03-12-2017, 02:45 PM
longboarder
Pro

Originally Posted by bigrpowr
great videos ! i signed up for the shafter race, hope to have you beat me there !

Hey thx for the reminder I need to sign up for that. Was planning to bring my 991. If it's not dialed in I'll bring the 997 - it would probably be a good roll race against your beast.

Originally Posted by vbb
Looks like nothing can touch your launch, and once you're ahead, nobody can catch up. It's amazing how fast you get out of the hole! I know a lot of it is the driver mod, but what tire and suspension setup are you running again?

The launch is more the tires than anything. R888's are pretty amazing. But I did have to work at the launch as it was very slippery. Don't know if you noticed kinda hard to see from the camera angle but on the first race I spun and moved about 10 feet to the left almost off the track. On all the other runs I was feathering the throttle in first gear and some of second until I felt full traction and then was WOT.

Suspension is set up for street and track with Ohlins R&T (rebound set at soft), GMG sway bars, rear end links, tarret drop links, GMG front bump/toe steer and corner balance alignment.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:17 PM
thegrayman
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

good lord your car is fast! way to represent
Old 03-13-2017, 01:58 AM
550bryan
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by longboarder
Went to Shift S3ctor's Airstrip Event at the end of February 2017 in Central California. The format of the events is a standing start half mile race from an arm drop. My car gets out of the hole real quick Love this platform

Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dpj...ature=youtu.be
Your launches just look so impressive. I'm sure it's a rush.....Looks like TT's were the class of the field. Congratulations....
Old 03-13-2017, 08:48 PM
longboarder
Pro

Originally Posted by thegrayman
good lord your car is fast! way to represent
Thx

Originally Posted by 550bryan
Your launches just look so impressive. I'm sure it's a rush.....Looks like TT's were the class of the field. Congratulations....
Yeah there's no better car at launching on a slippery surface - engine/weight right over the rear axle with PDK/launch control figuring things out. It's almost not fair lol.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Airstrip Race Videos - 997.2 Turbo S at Half Mile Event