Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbi

Old 01-14-2017, 07:30 PM
earossi
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by o7silverturbo
exactly, I sounded a little blunt but no PPI or service record is going to keep a car from breaking. If there is something wrong its going to happen.

Drive the car like it should be driven and fix a problem if it comes up.

A CPO car is much better cause it gives you peace of mind.
Thanks for the feedback. I am really not looking for any comfort; but, having owned a few generations of 911's, you find that each generation has its design issues. Early cars it was the chain tensioners. Later cars, it was the mag cases. On the 993's, it's the SAI plugging issue. Then of course there is the infamous ISB issue with the 996/997 N/A cars.

So, I was just trying to get ahead of the learning curve. And, so far, it appears that a potential issue is the epoxied coolant pipes and RMS leaks. But are there other areas that I should focus on in my review of each car?
Old 01-14-2017, 08:37 PM
Skwerl
Drifting

Received 303 Likes on 185 Posts

I don't think I've heard of many RMS issues on the Mezger TT engine, but I could be wrong. The NA M97 was the one with those issues.
Old 01-15-2017, 10:10 AM
o7silverturbo
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by earossi
Thanks for the feedback. I am really not looking for any comfort; but, having owned a few generations of 911's, you find that each generation has its design issues. Early cars it was the chain tensioners. Later cars, it was the mag cases. On the 993's, it's the SAI plugging issue. Then of course there is the infamous ISB issue with the 996/997 N/A cars.

So, I was just trying to get ahead of the learning curve. And, so far, it appears that a potential issue is the epoxied coolant pipes and RMS leaks. But are there other areas that I should focus on in my review of each car?
ISB is oil fed on the turbo engine so they don't have the issues that the n/a engines have.

Camshaft ends can spin and cause oil not to get to pass through them, results in a check engine light.

There are threads on this, biggest repair I have heard of because engine has to be pulled apart and cam shafts pinned

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Newbi