Sponsored by:

New owner introduction - 08 997TT MT 4,900 miles

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 11:18 PM
beng
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner introduction - 08 997TT MT 4,900 miles

Just purchased this 2008 997 TT with less than 5,000 miles.

https://www.porscheofsandiego.com/in...etallic+945397

Car is amazing, like new. The color combo is very similar to my '64 Ferrari 330 GT that I sold some time ago. Really reminded me of my first love, although it's a hell of lot faster and more comfortable/modern.

I am very excited about getting to know this car. Any recommendations for improvements or should I leave it stock?
Old 01-07-2017, 11:35 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 851 Likes on 434 Posts

Truly exceptional condition for an 8 year old car. I'd keep it STOCK but I'm not like 98% of the folks on this web forum. I LOVE stock. Porsche did such a great job with these cars by 2008 - it's pretty much perfection. You must have been over the moon to find one with such low miles. Did you found out why the original owner hardly ever drove this car and what they were like? They must have been fanatical about taking care of it and garage queening it, to your benefit.

Are you going to garage queen it or drive it very much?

The color combo is so rare so you'll rarely see it again on the road. Nice choice.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:55 PM
beng
Intermediate

Steve,

Thanks for the kind words. Frankly, I could not believe such a low mileage 997 still existed. The dealership has had it for more than two months! They had a lot of offers below $80k but nobody serious. Struck me as strange. The car is essentially a one-owner car. Original owner was a collector in Florida who rarely drove it. Second owner was affiliated with the dealership and drove it only 700 miles before putting it on the sales floor. Said he was going to do major mods but couldn't bring himself to violate a virgin that way.

I know the color combo is not for everyone and may hurt resale but it is so similar to my old 330 that I felt like the universe was telling me something.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:57 PM
beng
Intermediate

Also, I have to say that I was really impressed with the dealership. They were quite reasonable in negotiations on price, warranty, detailing, clear bra, and other niceties. The car was brought up to date and refreshed/serviced fully. Like new and CPO. Could not be more pleased with the service.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:58 PM
beng
Intermediate

I plan to drive it ....

enthusiastically.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:03 AM
johnbelk
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beng,

The color combination is AWESOME, that just works!!! Such low miles and to be CPOd is great BONUS. Your car is absolutely beautiful

As far as mods... What I see for a large majority is an exhaust system that meets their sound perspective requirements. Meaning, there are so many exhaust notes that can be produced by various systems that you can find the perfect one that meets your needs.

Computer tunes to improve performance is another popular mod. As you probably know, with turbo charged cars...a new tune can really enhance performance, much more than non-turbo cars.

Last, a really popular mod is to add new wheels, lowering springs and a DSC module that supplements suspension tuning. New wheels and tires gives a car that personal touch.

There are other mods...but these are some to consider. Stock is good to...

There are dozens and dozens of posts you can search for with respect to the above mods.

Congratulations and welcome aboard.

"JB and LugNut"

Last edited by johnbelk; 01-08-2017 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Stuff
Old 01-08-2017, 01:47 AM
waizone
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts

Beng, congrats on the new turbo. I really like the color and it's very unique on 997. My friend just got a 14' 991 and it looks sharp. I purchased my 09 last year with 900 miles from Walters. Nothing like getting a practically new 997 turbo! While I'm not racking up the miles I just turned 2400 after a day in OC with canyon run on Ortega and lunch at Porsche Experience Center LA.

As far as mods, wanted to keep car mostly stock with few reversible upgrades. So far I did HRE wheels, Europipe exhaust and just received DSC module that John referenced.

We should connect some time.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:35 AM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Congrats ! Very nice color combo, rare colors bring a premium down the road, combined with the extra low miles I think you did well !

Want to read what members think of your car :
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-turb...7-1-turbo.html
Old 01-08-2017, 12:12 PM
bruni911
Instructor

Sweet very nice love the colour.
I just picked up a 08 with 12000miles couldn't be happier.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:19 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Very nice color. My advice would be to leave the car stock and enjoy the heck out of it.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:37 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,226 Likes on 772 Posts

Beautiful car! Congrats!
Old 01-08-2017, 03:46 PM
beng
Intermediate

Originally Posted by waizone
Beng, congrats on the new turbo. I really like the color and it's very unique on 997. My friend just got a 14' 991 and it looks sharp. I purchased my 09 last year with 900 miles from Walters. Nothing like getting a practically new 997 turbo! While I'm not racking up the miles I just turned 2400 after a day in OC with canyon run on Ortega and lunch at Porsche Experience Center LA.

As far as mods, wanted to keep car mostly stock with few reversible upgrades. So far I did HRE wheels, Europipe exhaust and just received DSC module that John referenced.

We should connect some time.
An '09 with 900 miles???? Please tell me a six-speed manual. Holy grail right there. I would love to see it.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:55 PM
beng
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TT-911
Congrats ! Very nice color combo, rare colors bring a premium down the road, combined with the extra low miles I think you did well !

Want to read what members think of your car :
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-turb...7-1-turbo.html
Thanks. That was an interesting read - I had not found it before making the deal.

In my experience and opinion, San Diego Porsche was very, very reasonable on the price and other terms we negotiated. I don't fault a dealer for wanting to get as much as possible and make a profit. Conversely, I don't mind paying a little over market for the piece of mind that comes with full dealer service, 2-year drivetrain warranty, new tires and cosmetics addressed. The price we agreed upon with all the additional items ended up being smack where the thread posters thought it should be, concidentally.

By comparison, my experience is that many private owners are emotionally invested in their cars, are not objective or r alistic about price, and often think they should get 1-condition auction prices for their 4-condition cars (with home service history, no warranty, etc). I have also had great experienced with private sellers and lousy experiences with dealers. Makes it hard to generalize but I did not want to veer into a general market discussion. I've always believed the "market" for anything is made where a willing seller and a willing buyer agree.

Back to the topic at hand - thanks for all the encouragement. I'm very excited about the car. Joining an '86 930 and a '78 308 GTS.
Old 01-08-2017, 04:08 PM
johnbelk
Pro

Originally Posted by beng
Thanks. That was an interesting read - I had not found it before making the deal. In my experience and opinion, San Diego Porsche was very, very reasonable on the price and other terms we negotiated.

I don't fault a dealer for wanting to get as much as possible and make a profit. Conversely, I don't mind paying a little over market for the piece of mind that comes with full dealer service, 2-year drivetrain warranty, new tires and cosmetics addressed. The price we agreed upon with all the additional items ended up being smack where the thread posters thought it should be, concidentally.

By comparison, my experience is that many private owners are emotionally invested in their cars, are not objective or r alistic about price, and often think they should get 1-condition auction prices for their 4-condition cars (with home service history, no warranty, etc). I have also had great experienced with private sellers and lousy experiences with dealers. Makes it hard to generalize but I did not want to veer into a general market discussion. I've always believed the "market" for anything is made where a willing seller and a willing buyer agree.

Back to the topic at hand - thanks for all the encouragement. I'm very excited about the car. Joining an '86 930 and a '78 308 GTS.
New tires $1600.00, CPO $????.?? ...You done good!!!

Last edited by johnbelk; 01-08-2017 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Stuff
Old 01-08-2017, 08:27 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Nice car!

Quick Reply: New owner introduction - 08 997TT MT 4,900 miles