Sponsored by:

09 TT Coupe 6MT at Carmax

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2016, 07:45 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts
Thumbs up 09 TT Coupe 6MT at Carmax

No affiliation but I do follow Carmax sales. They have a silver/black 6MT coupe for sale for $67,9 with 45K miles on it at the San Gabriel/Duarte store. It doesn't appear to have a lot of options but it is priced right. I don't think it will last so if you're looking for one you might want to check-out their website.
Old 12-25-2016, 10:29 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 851 Likes on 434 Posts

Um yeah, if it's still for sale I'd be surprised! Nice find...

https://www.carmax.com/car/13728897
Old 12-26-2016, 03:02 AM
estrellajon
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

That's a pretty good deal. That would be gone by this week
Old 12-26-2016, 02:46 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Admittedly I'm not 997 Turbo market savvy but the price seems a bit high.

KBB lists the trade-in value between $51.4K to $59K.

Retail price range is between $58.6K to $67.9K.

There is no doubt the car is priced rather high. I never have known a dealer to price a car otherwise. (And FWIW, my 2003 Turbo (CPO) with just 10K miles was listed at $61.9K at a Porsche dealer and I bought it for $57.7K.)

But CarMax has a no haggle policy, which is of course plenty sweet for CarMax, but maybe not so sweet for a car buyer.

(Was at the Roseville CA (near Sacramento) CarMax facility a couple of months back with a family member who found a car she wanted at this facility. Drove her up there and rode with her as she tested the car -- it was a nice car -- and in the office she made an offer based on her research. CarMax sales manager came over and stated no haggling, the price listed is a take it leave it price, so she left it. The car was clearly over priced. A week or two later she found another car (similar car, same make/model, etc.) in Idaho and at a much lower price -- even after factoring in shipping cost -- and bought that one instead.)
Old 12-26-2016, 03:06 PM
shadow993
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Macster

There is no doubt the car is priced rather high. I never have known a dealer to price a car otherwise. (And FWIW, my 2003 Turbo (CPO) with just 10K miles was listed at $61.9K at a Porsche dealer and I bought it for $57.7K.)

But CarMax has a no haggle policy, which is of course plenty sweet for CarMax, but maybe not so sweet for a car buyer.

(Was at the Roseville CA (near Sacramento) CarMax facility a couple of months back with a family member who found a car she wanted at this facility. Drove her up there and rode with her as she tested the car -- it was a nice car -- and in the office she made an offer based on her research. CarMax sales manager came over and stated no haggling, the price listed is a take it leave it price, so she left it. The car was clearly over priced. A week or two later she found another car (similar car, same make/model, etc.) in Idaho and at a much lower price -- even after factoring in shipping cost -- and bought that one instead.)
It's a unicorn and only so many produced due to the financial meltdown.

Manual transmission , 997.2 upgrades with the 997.1 mezger engine .
Old 12-26-2016, 03:54 PM
johnbelk
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Macster

There's KBB and then there's what the market will bare... What is often seen with well equipped, low mile, 6 Speed, 07-09 Porsche 997.1 TT's....is well above book values. This car is priced rather nicely, compared to simular 997.1's, that is.....if the condition and maintenance is in order. BTW: The 09 is a transition year with many of the 2010 upgrades added, making it that much more collectible.
..JB

Last edited by johnbelk; 12-26-2016 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Stuff
Old 12-26-2016, 04:12 PM
turbofever
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boring spec but good price

The updated pcm and AC controls really update the interior
Old 12-26-2016, 04:14 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

^ +1, JB is correct. Check eBay and you'll see 09 6MT coupes sell for more than what Carmax is selling it for. I does have a few miles on it but if it's in good shape it's a good deal.
Old 12-26-2016, 07:19 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

No longer on their website.
Old 12-26-2016, 08:19 PM
johnbelk
Pro

Originally Posted by 4ocious
No longer on their website.
That was fast, but not unexpected....maybe the new owner will find their way to Rennlist. That was an easy $75K to $77K P-Car IMHO...JB
Old 12-26-2016, 08:27 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 851 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by johnbelk
That was fast, but not unexpected....maybe the new owner will find their way to Rennlist. That was an easy $75K to $77K P-Car IMHO...JB
Exactly. That's why this information wasn't correct:

"Originally Posted by Macster View Post

There is no doubt the car is priced rather high. I never have known a dealer to price a car otherwise. (And FWIW, my 2003 Turbo (CPO) with just 10K miles was listed at $61.9K at a Porsche dealer and I bought it for $57.7K.)"
Old 12-26-2016, 08:46 PM
PorscheStrong
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

I'll never buy a Porsche from Carmax, not after the debacle I narrowly avoided about two years ago (chronicalled on RL) - looked like a "deal", but on delivery, it needed better part of $10k for cosmetics alone, and when CM sent it to the dealer for a faulty window issue, I snuck in a PPI, which they wouldn't normally allow, but was only possible because of the window issue. Thorough PPI produced all kinds of issues CM refused to acknowledge (e.g. Clutch was toast, water pump on last leg, etc.), so I walked. Guess I could've bought, PPI'd, and unwound the deal, but it would be a big hassle. For their part, I think they preferred to just pass the crap. For me, the no PPI rule is a deal killer.

I like CM in concept, and would probably consider them for an ordinary car, but not a 911TT.
Old 12-26-2016, 09:12 PM
johnbelk
Pro

Originally Posted by PorscheStrong
I'll never buy a Porsche from Carmax, not after the debacle I narrowly avoided about two years ago (chronicalled on RL) - looked like a "deal", but on delivery, it needed better part of $10k for cosmetics alone, and when CM sent it to the dealer for a faulty window issue, I snuck in a PPI, which they wouldn't normally allow, but was only possible because of the window issue. Thorough PPI produced all kinds of issues CM refused to acknowledge (e.g. Clutch was toast, water pump on last leg, etc.), so I walked. Guess I could've bought, PPI'd, and unwound the deal, but it would be a big hassle. For their part, I think they preferred to just pass the crap. For me, the no PPI rule is a deal killer.

I like CM in concept, and would probably consider them for an ordinary car, but not a 911TT.
I was not aware of CM's "No PPI Policy", however CM does offer:

RETURNS

All of our used cars come with a 5-Day Money-Back Guarantee and a 30-Day Limited Warranty. See store for details.

Which, if someone did find a nice Porsche, they could buy it, get the PPI, do their due deligeance and if it was not the car someone thought it was...they could always return it without penalty. Which is much more than most...

Plus CM does offer affordable warranties.

I'm not afiliated with CM....but would consider them as a potential dealership for the right car at a great price....JB

Last edited by johnbelk; 12-26-2016 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Stuff
Old 12-26-2016, 10:01 PM
saabin
Rennlist Member

Received 530 Likes on 352 Posts

^ That's their "solution" to the PPI.

Buy it and get the PPI done.. 5 days to return no-questions-asked.. I dont think it's a huge deal to "unwind".. certainly not something that everyone would want to deal with.

I looked at a Cayman at CM for a RL out in CA a few years ago.. he ended up buying it and having it shipped back to CA.. to my knowledge is still happy today..
Old 12-27-2016, 01:51 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
Exactly. That's why this information wasn't correct:

"Originally Posted by Macster View Post

There is no doubt the car is priced rather high. I never have known a dealer to price a car otherwise. (And FWIW, my 2003 Turbo (CPO) with just 10K miles was listed at $61.9K at a Porsche dealer and I bought it for $57.7K.)"
Agree, that car was underpriced. You won't find a decent '09 for under 60k, , let alone an 07-08.

Quick Reply: 09 TT Coupe 6MT at Carmax