Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Letting a car sit, undriven, for 10 months.

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 10:12 AM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Emmasdream
Thanks for the comments everyone. I decided not to store it at the dealer.
Did you buy the car though?
Old 11-01-2016, 05:24 PM
Emmasdream
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I did buy the car! Ultimately I found a nearby car storage warehouse for folks 3rd or 4th weekend cars, so the Turbo is now sitting with a bunch of expensive friends.

I'll post pictures and a "new to me" thread once I actually start driving it which will be next year.

The impetus to buy the car now was the price. I've spent the last couple months tracking every available 997.1 TT that's come on the market and this one was underpriced. (~12%). It let me hit the sweet spot of all the options that I wanted, for a price I was comfortable with. If I waited, I likely would have had to compromise on something and would have kicked myself for years to come, or just spent more than I wanted.

It was only online for a couple hours before I placed the deposit and the dealer then took down the listing. Why was it underpriced? I don't know, someone is the sucker at the table of course, but both parties are happy so it's a win win.

And these things are about to take off like 993's right?
Old 11-01-2016, 07:58 PM
996_soon
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice, congrats! I don't know how you can buy a pcar (any car for that matter) and not drive it till next year! I'd be to anxious

Can you give us at least some specs? Color combo? Options? Enjoy it!

Quick Reply: Letting a car sit, undriven, for 10 months.