Sponsored by:

997.2 Turbo manual future values

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 06:04 PM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 101 Posts

550bryan,

The 2009 TT manual coupe is indeed a very rare car and that's not even taking into account the ones with PCCBs! No wonder it took me 2 years to find mine! Wish I would have the factory center lock option like yours does.
Old 12-17-2016, 07:11 PM
550bryan
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny DB
550bryan,

The 2009 TT manual coupe is indeed a very rare car and that's not even taking into account the ones with PCCBs! No wonder it took me 2 years to find mine! Wish I would have the factory center lock option like yours does.
09's, both couple and cab, appear rare. Of course we don't know how many of the late 2008 calendar year sales were actually 09 models. Using BMSF's percent for manual of 45%, it would mean there were only 144 manual coupes sold in CY 09. I do suspect that cab's had a higher tip installation rate than the coupes. My 09 didn't come with CL's. The factory build sheet didn't list them. I found out the OP added them to the car about 6 months before trading it in on a new TTS. The service advisor that handled it said he wanted to update the appearance of the car, but then decided it just wasn't enough. I'm guessing he wrote a big check for the factory hubs and CL wheels. I learned the finish, a dark grey metallic was an optional color on the 2010 TT, although I have never seen another set in that color.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:01 PM
bigmacsmallfries
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like these 6 speed 997.2s have gone up substantially over the winter, apparently there's 3 for sale in the US, and 3 in Canada atm:

Pfaff Porsche is selling two Turbos one for $129k USD, and another for $113k USD. I know they sold another car listed for $105k a month ago. A dealer in Chicago also had a car that was listed for $115k a couple months ago which they sold quickly as well.

Lamborghini Palm Beach has another Turbo for $135k atm, deposit has already been placed on it.

There are two others for sale at $94k -I'm not sure if the advertisement is real or not as it's been for sale for almost a year, and another at $88k which is a steal on Autotrader.com. Will update the thread in the future with some values but I definitely got this right these cars are substantially undervalued, by the end of the summer we'll have a clear indication on values. Appears that some dealers know that the 997.2 6 speed is extremely rare and others are not aware yet. By the end of summer I think the prices will be very uniform.

Going through numbers of 930s, 964s, 993s, 996s, 997s Turbos, seems like this is the rarest Turbo out there not including the Turbo S of the air cooled generations. I could easily see this car hitting around $150k for low mileage examples later this year, the supply is just so minimal that demand is going to easily outpace it. I think having the last manual Turbo is going to be huge in the future as stated last year. As the years go on, this is car is just going to become more iconic and desirable.

Last edited by bigmacsmallfries; 04-12-2017 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:22 PM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 489 Likes on 267 Posts

There's a 2011 pdk for sale at Manhattan Motorcars for $95,888. 23,000 miles. (no affiliation)
Old 04-12-2017, 12:35 PM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bigmacsmallfries
Looks like these 6 speed 997.2s have gone up substantially over the winter, apparently there's 3 for sale in the US, and 3 in Canada atm:

Pfaff Porsche is selling two Turbos one for $129k USD, and another for $113k USD. I know they sold another car listed for $105k a month ago. A dealer in Chicago also had a car that was listed for $115k a couple months ago which they sold quickly as well.

Lamborghini Palm Beach has another Turbo for $135k atm, deposit has already been placed on it.

There are two others for sale at $94k -I'm not sure if the advertisement is real or not as it's been for sale for almost a year, and another at $88k which is a steal on Autotrader.com. Will update the thread in the future with some values but I definitely got this right these cars are substantially undervalued, by the end of the summer we'll have a clear indication on values. Appears that some dealers know that the 997.2 6 speed is extremely rare and others are not aware yet. By the end of summer I think the prices will be very uniform.

Going through numbers of 930s, 964s, 993s, 996s, 997s Turbos, seems like this is the rarest Turbo out there not including the Turbo S of the air cooled generations. I could easily see this car hitting around $150k for low mileage examples later this year, the supply is just so minimal that demand is going to easily outpace it. I think having the last manual Turbo is going to be huge in the future as stated last year. As the years go on, this is car is just going to become more iconic and desirable.
Where did you see them? They don't have anything on their preowned page:
https://pfaffporsche.com/inventory/?model=911+Turbo

Regardless, that's an pretty steep increase in price from last year...still no Mezger engine though
Old 04-12-2017, 12:41 PM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Okay so I found 4 listed on autotrader.ca

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Porsche/9...&orup=10_15_43

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Porsche/9...O&orup=1_15_43

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Porsche/9...&orup=24_15_43

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Porsche/9...&orup=19_15_43
Old 04-12-2017, 03:15 PM
Dodaleca
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts

The Pfaff units are at the McLaren dealership and not the Porsche dealership which is why they aren't showing up on the Porsche search. One of those two is a US import.

I was seriously thinking about the Quebec City 2011 Turbo (also US import) with all the Alacantra about this time last year but my wife forbid me from even considering wiring the money to a Cayman Islands bank as the seller requested. I thought the guy now drove a Cayman from the e-mail address " caymanm@hotmail.com" listed in the ad but it seems to be his place of permanent residence.

Shortly thereafter I found my 2010 at Porsche Oakville which was considered trustworthy enough by my wife so I bought it!

If these prices are correct (and truly indicative of final transaction prices) then I would definately say the price has increased from the last year or two when I was looking to buy.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:48 PM
bigmacsmallfries
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dodaleca
The Pfaff units are at the McLaren dealership and not the Porsche dealership which is why they aren't showing up on the Porsche search. One of those two is a US import.

I was seriously thinking about the Quebec City 2011 Turbo (also US import) with all the Alacantra about this time last year but my wife forbid me from even considering wiring the money to a Cayman Islands bank as the seller requested. I thought the guy now drove a Cayman from the e-mail address " caymanm@hotmail.com" listed in the ad but it seems to be his place of permanent residence.

Shortly thereafter I found my 2010 at Porsche Oakville which was considered trustworthy enough by my wife so I bought it!

If these prices are correct (and truly indicative of final transaction prices) then I would definately say the price has increased from the last year or two when I was looking to buy.
The fourth car on your list is likely a scam as I know two others that have tried to contact him, his location has changed from Ottawa to Montreal to Quebec City as well over the past year. Glad you didn't send money to the Cayman Islands. Lol That should be a clear tip off. I think you should delete the fourth link as it does not seem legitimate.
Old 04-13-2017, 12:40 PM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

I honestly wonder if the 2 at PFAFF will sell...time will tell.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:51 PM
black997.1TT MT
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen the 2010 listed for $117K in Victoria BC and it looks to be in very good condition.
Old 04-14-2017, 04:50 PM
HellaHashTags
Instructor

Originally Posted by bigmacsmallfries

Agreed! In the long-term, who won't want the LAST 6MT Turbo (with a dead reliable engine to boot?) From 2015-2016, I started to see their values stabilize. Now we're starting to see their values uptick 2016-2017.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:00 PM
NYNick
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe you're just trying to support your own argument because you own one. The Mezger 997 Turbo has it all over the 2010, simply because it's a Mezger and the market supports that fact.

Sure the MT 2010 is a rare beast. But I'm not sure it'll outlast the 997.1 MT. Only time will tell.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:47 PM
Southpaw
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NYNick
Maybe you're just trying to support your own argument because you own one. The Mezger 997 Turbo has it all over the 2010, simply because it's a Mezger and the market supports that fact.

Sure the MT 2010 is a rare beast. But I'm not sure it'll outlast the 997.1 MT. Only time will tell.
Yeah he owns one but he CHOSE to own one. He could have easily gotten a Mezger 996 or 997.1 instead if he wanted one. It's not like he couldn't find a Mezger so he had to settle for a .2. His .2 manual is a lot harder to find than a .1 Mezger manual. Mezgers aren't that hard to find, there are more than 4 times as many just in the 997.1 over the .2 turbo...if you wanna count the 996 turbos than we're talking even more available. Narrow down his manual and it's even a farther gap in numbers.

As for the market, none of us knows how it'll look. To say the market supports the 997 having it "all over" the 2010 is premature especially when there are A LOT fewer of the .2's. The .1 has held steady for years when I started looking at them. They haven't gone up or skyrocketed like the 993 or 964 and none of us knows if they will. What may be holding them back is their production numbers. They're not hard to find. Very good examples can be had in the mid 70's, I've even seen very nice, low mileage ones in the low 70's. None of us knows what the values will look like so to say one has it all over the other is too early to say.

Last edited by Southpaw; 04-14-2017 at 07:02 PM.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:29 AM
Turbo Ron
Instructor

I chose the 997.2 tt 6 speed manual for many of the reasons mentioned.https://rennlist.com/forums/images/attach/jpg.gif
Attached Images  
Old 04-15-2017, 10:51 AM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

A used car for over 130k? Get out of here.

Quick Reply: 997.2 Turbo manual future values