Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kinda OT: Garage lifts

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 03:12 PM
32krazy!
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

maxjax for thw win on typical 8ft ceilings. when not in use i store it in the corner. less then 2500$ with upgraded quick disconnect fittings that dont leak
Attached Images  
Old 01-29-2017, 05:42 PM
Nate Tempest
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
maxjax for thw win on typical 8ft ceilings. when not in use i store it in the corner. less then 2500$ with upgraded quick disconnect fittings that dont leak
It looks like it's bolted to the floor. You remove the bolts and move it to the corner whenever you're not using it?
Old 01-30-2017, 01:34 AM
sidwin
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

U can unbolt it from the floor and they post has wheels that u can roll it around. I leave mine perm installed. Or u can just remove one side. Make sure you buy the magnetic levelers. I keep them in Tom make sure they post are level.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:22 AM
autobonrun
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 258 Posts

I've had my four post lift about 11 years. I'll offer a little advice on maintenance, rather than which one to buy. Their are lots of good options out there. However, at some point, anything mechanical needs service.

1) Ask the supplier for manufacturer names and part numbers for key parts (e.g. piston, motor, cables, etc.). You want to know which part number to use if ordering components for say the piston.
2) Know who in the area where you live services the lift you are buying. Put their name and phone number on the lift so you don't have to search for it after 5 years.
3) Inspect the mechanical stops and cables annually. Inspect for any leaks every week.
4) Change the hydraulic fluid at least every two years
5) Any air supply, I would put an inexpensive filter regulator on the outlet of the air compressor. In addition to regulating pressure, it should be able to knock out any water droplets; water inside mechanical parts is not good.
6) Decide if you will just let the unit sit on the floor or will it be bolted down. Mine is not bolted, but with the recent earthquakes in the central part of the country, I may go back and put them in. Still trying to decide.

Regardless of which brand you buy, the piston (which weighs about 200 lbs from my recollection) will eventually need to have the internal seals serviced. Any hydraulic piston does. In my case, the piston lasted 9 years before I noticed drops of hydraulic fluid coming out the end that should have only had air in it.

Just some thoughts on the subject. My four poster below.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Kinda OT: Garage lifts