Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 01:54 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 949 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by Ruskiy
Fitment also looks on spot. What are the offsets?
Unfortunately we are not allowed to provide offset information on HRE's custom forged wheels. With that said, we don't want to hide this information from the end consumer who ultimately buys wheels - which is why when you purchase a set we'll be able to review all the specs & you'll know the offsets before any part of the manufacturing process begins.

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 12-21-2018, 02:55 PM
Ruskiy
Burning Brakes

Received 196 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by WheelsB
Unfortunately we are not allowed to provide offset information on HRE's custom forged wheels. With that said, we don't want to hide this information from the end consumer who ultimately buys wheels - which is why when you purchase a set we'll be able to review all the specs & you'll know the offsets before any part of the manufacturing process begins.
Weird. Never heard of that. Oh well *shrug*, no big deal and thanks for the response.
Old 12-21-2018, 03:06 PM
loonwin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ZAAAMN -- those R101s on that first Turbo look soooo sexy!
Old 12-21-2018, 03:09 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Weird. Never heard of that. Oh well *shrug*, no big deal and thanks for the response.
HRE spends a significant amount of time & money on research & development to verify offsets, fitment, proper tires sizes, and so forth - for each individual vehicle. That proprietary information that they retain from posting on forums is because they don't want to give away that information for free. As I mentioned they don't hide this information from customers who end up purchasing wheels. This is standard practice with every wheel brand & they do this so that the data that they collected isn't taken by another company.

Old 12-21-2018, 07:12 PM
Ruskiy
Burning Brakes

Received 196 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by WheelsB
HRE spends a significant amount of time & money on research & development to verify offsets, fitment, proper tires sizes, and so forth - for each individual vehicle. That proprietary information that they retain from posting on forums is because they don't want to give away that information for free. As I mentioned they don't hide this information from customers who end up purchasing wheels. This is standard practice with every wheel brand & they do this so that the data that they collected isn't taken by another company.
Sometimes I feel like I traveled back in time... this is what old wheel vendors used to do in early-mid 2000s with nice Japanese wheels and it backfired.

I no longer see VOLK or others hiding wheel details info on the official sites. That’s how they sell them, transparency.
Old 12-23-2018, 05:34 PM
gosettij3
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2011 turbo coupe 6 speed 14k miles brixton forged wheels. Bad picture.

Old 12-24-2018, 12:18 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Sometimes I feel like I traveled back in time... this is what old wheel vendors used to do in early-mid 2000s with nice Japanese wheels and it backfired.

I no longer see VOLK or others hiding wheel details info on the official sites. That’s how they sell them, transparency.
Volk manufactures pre-built wheels that are mass produced & only come in a select few fitments. HRE manufactures their forged wheels per order and to the customer's desired specifications. HRE understands transparency and that is why they are more than willing to share fitment information with their customers
Old 12-25-2018, 07:29 PM
Turboslut
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Volk would list all sizes/offsets available, but they wouldn't necessarily post sizing and offset that fit a particular vehicle/setup. That was always a discussion between vendor and customer. The secret sauce so to speak.
Old 12-27-2018, 05:19 PM
997GT700
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

@WheelsB - Love the P43SC’s. I went to the site to request pricing on them. You can PM with the info if you would like. I have a 997.2TT Cab. I would like recommendations on 19s or 20s with Tire sizes. I will need new rubber anyway in the spring and might as well upgrade the wheels while I am at it.
Old 12-27-2018, 05:30 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 997GT700
@WheelsB - Love the P43SC’s. I went to the site to request pricing on them. You can PM with the info if you would like. I have a 997.2TT Cab. I would like recommendations on 19s or 20s with Tire sizes. I will need new rubber anyway in the spring and might as well upgrade the wheels while I am at it.
Hey! I just saw your request come through via our website. I will email you shortly

Quick Reply: A Porsche 997 Turbo Picture Thread by Wheels Boutique