Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   997 Turbo Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-turbo-forum-139/)
-   -   A Porsche 997 Turbo Picture Thread by Wheels Boutique (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-turbo-forum/948739-a-porsche-997-turbo-picture-thread-by-wheels-boutique.html)

WheelsB 12-21-2018 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ruskiy (Post 15512634)
Fitment also looks on spot. What are the offsets?

Unfortunately we are not allowed to provide offset information on HRE's custom forged wheels. With that said, we don't want to hide this information from the end consumer who ultimately buys wheels - which is why when you purchase a set we'll be able to review all the specs & you'll know the offsets before any part of the manufacturing process begins.

Ruskiy 12-21-2018 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by WheelsB (Post 15512746)
Unfortunately we are not allowed to provide offset information on HRE's custom forged wheels. With that said, we don't want to hide this information from the end consumer who ultimately buys wheels - which is why when you purchase a set we'll be able to review all the specs & you'll know the offsets before any part of the manufacturing process begins.

Weird. Never heard of that. Oh well *shrug*, no big deal and thanks for the response.

loonwin 12-21-2018 03:06 PM

ZAAAMN -- those R101s on that first Turbo look soooo sexy! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

WheelsB 12-21-2018 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Ruskiy (Post 15512895)
Weird. Never heard of that. Oh well *shrug*, no big deal and thanks for the response.

HRE spends a significant amount of time & money on research & development to verify offsets, fitment, proper tires sizes, and so forth - for each individual vehicle. That proprietary information that they retain from posting on forums is because they don't want to give away that information for free. As I mentioned they don't hide this information from customers who end up purchasing wheels. This is standard practice with every wheel brand & they do this so that the data that they collected isn't taken by another company.

Ruskiy 12-21-2018 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by WheelsB (Post 15512928)
HRE spends a significant amount of time & money on research & development to verify offsets, fitment, proper tires sizes, and so forth - for each individual vehicle. That proprietary information that they retain from posting on forums is because they don't want to give away that information for free. As I mentioned they don't hide this information from customers who end up purchasing wheels. This is standard practice with every wheel brand & they do this so that the data that they collected isn't taken by another company.

Sometimes I feel like I traveled back in time... this is what old wheel vendors used to do in early-mid 2000s with nice Japanese wheels and it backfired.

I no longer see VOLK or others hiding wheel details info on the official sites. That’s how they sell them, transparency.

gosettij3 12-23-2018 05:34 PM

My 2011 turbo coupe 6 speed 14k miles brixton forged wheels. Bad picture.
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...a19200bfa3.jpg

WheelsB 12-24-2018 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ruskiy (Post 15513481)
Sometimes I feel like I traveled back in time... this is what old wheel vendors used to do in early-mid 2000s with nice Japanese wheels and it backfired.

I no longer see VOLK or others hiding wheel details info on the official sites. That’s how they sell them, transparency.

Volk manufactures pre-built wheels that are mass produced & only come in a select few fitments. HRE manufactures their forged wheels per order and to the customer's desired specifications. HRE understands transparency and that is why they are more than willing to share fitment information with their customers :)

Turboslut 12-25-2018 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Ruskiy

Volk would list all sizes/offsets available, but they wouldn't necessarily post sizing and offset that fit a particular vehicle/setup. That was always a discussion between vendor and customer. The secret sauce so to speak.

997GT700 12-27-2018 05:19 PM

@WheelsB - Love the P43SC’s. I went to the site to request pricing on them. You can PM with the info if you would like. I have a 997.2TT Cab. I would like recommendations on 19s or 20s with Tire sizes. I will need new rubber anyway in the spring and might as well upgrade the wheels while I am at it.

WheelsB 12-27-2018 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by 997GT700 (Post 15524608)
@WheelsB - Love the P43SC’s. I went to the site to request pricing on them. You can PM with the info if you would like. I have a 997.2TT Cab. I would like recommendations on 19s or 20s with Tire sizes. I will need new rubber anyway in the spring and might as well upgrade the wheels while I am at it.

Hey! I just saw your request come through via our website. I will email you shortly :)