Sponsored by:

Welding coolant pipes and round of mods

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 09:58 PM
echerbst
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Welding coolant pipes and round of mods

Just dropped motor to address leaking coolant pipe and do some mods. Thanks again to Sambo for getting me parts fast with great service.
Anyone should not hesitate to use him for all your needs.

Doing AMS intercooler, 1300 ID injectors, Cobb with sambo tuning, charge pipes, sachs 2.5 clutch, coolant pipes, bbi slave conversion, elbows, gt3 throttle body, plenum, and prolly kline 3 inch catless exhaust and headers. Gonna run e85 for the rest of season and see what these stock turbos can do before building a real kit over the winter.

Also gonna go TPC sways, links, tractive dampers, solid thrust bushing, toe links, and already have the DSC module in it. Ready for COTA and road America, LOL.

Here are some pics of progress. Ill put together a list of all the parts so if anyone does them in the future they will have a list of all the orings and gaskets, as the Porsche catalog pictures are terrible and very hard to get all the parts right.

The BBI coolant fittings are great quality and worked great, however they sent me an extra large one and missed a medium sized one, so I didn't feel light waiting so fired up the lathe and made one up.
Attached Images           
Old 07-21-2016, 01:51 PM
monty007
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks awesome so far! Great job on the coolant pipes! Are you doing all the work yourself?
Old 07-22-2016, 02:27 AM
echerbst
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup. I have a shop. Fix cars and build race cars every day. Lol. Hard timing to find to do my own stuff.
Old 09-06-2018, 01:13 AM
997.1TT
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How is the E-85, I am doing similar mods right now but going with By-design intercoolers.

Quick Reply: Welding coolant pipes and round of mods