Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS - TechArt Polished 997.1 Turbo Exhaust Tips

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 04:38 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

13mm ratchet and extension, no jack, wd40, 10 minutes.
Old 10-20-2016, 08:20 PM
vbb
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
13mm ratchet and extension, no jack, wd40, 10 minutes.
unless either or both sides has seized up, then it is bumper off, bolts cut/sawed off a couple of hours and a lot of frustration. Ask me how I know...
Old 10-20-2016, 08:42 PM
turbofever
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Harry Da Hamster
Just curious. How difficult (or easy) is it to remove and replace an exhaust tip? Possible to do with no jack?
it will take you less than 25 mins to install!

nothing is seized! they are not rusting at all..

let me know if you want them.

Last edited by turbofever; 10-20-2016 at 09:37 PM.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:16 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 879 Likes on 526 Posts

I have the same TechArt tips. That is a good price, they are super easy to clean.

Took me about 15 minutes to install, total. But the OEM originals had been off and on a couple times at least.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:44 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 355 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by turbofever
it will take you less than 25 mins to install!

nothing is seized! they are not rusting at all..

let me know if you want them.
Ahhh, but the buyer may have some seizures going on already
Old 10-20-2016, 10:54 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Originally Posted by vbb
unless either or both sides has seized up, then it is bumper off, bolts cut/sawed off a couple of hours and a lot of frustration. Ask me how I know...
Wow, that's certainly not the norm.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:55 PM
vbb
Pro

Wow, that's certainly not the norm.
Yeah, I don't want to scare any potential buyers away, but I made the mistake of thinking it would be a simple thing taking off my existing tips and it was anything but. I used WD40, PB Blaster and a LOT of force, and although the bolts came off fine, the inner clamp/sleeve on my stock exhaust tips would not budge. They had to be cut off. My situation wasn't the norm though. Someone has to have the worst case scenario, and I guess it was my turn.
Old 10-21-2016, 07:32 PM
turbofever
Banned

Originally Posted by vbb
Yeah, I don't want to scare any potential buyers away, but I made the mistake of thinking it would be a simple thing taking off my existing tips and it was anything but. I used WD40, PB Blaster and a LOT of force, and although the bolts came off fine, the inner clamp/sleeve on my stock exhaust tips would not budge. They had to be cut off. My situation wasn't the norm though. Someone has to have the worst case scenario, and I guess it was my turn.
sorry to say it although if you cannot take off an exhaust tip you probably should not be wrenching on the car period.

this is a FS thread, whilst i appreciate feedback these tips have zero rust. you are scaring buyers away!

if you look under your car and see rusted bolts and corrosion, chances are everything is going to be tricky/challenging to remove.

my car's are all cali and never have zero issues.

Last edited by turbofever; 10-22-2016 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-21-2016, 09:01 PM
vbb
Pro

sorry to say it although if you cannot take off an exhaust tip you probably should not be wrenching on the car period.

this is a FS thread, whilst i appreciate feedback these tips have zero rust. you are scaring buyers away!

if you look under your car and see rusted bolts and corrosion, chances are everything is going to be tricky/challenging to remove.

my car's are all cali and never have issues.
Whoa there. Chill out dude. There has been a discussion this whole time. The guy asked how long it took to install exhaust tips and I answered. I specifically related the situation to my case and even said my issue was with my old stock tips and not with the new exhaust tips. Nobody is trying to disparage your product, and your shot about my knowledge and experience wrenching on cars is inaccurate and uncalled for. If you had PMd me and asked me to delete my comment from your post, I would have been fine with that. Not sure what you quoting me was supposed to accomplish.

Buy the OP's exhaust tips! Great product and great price!!

Happy?
Old 10-21-2016, 11:08 PM
turbofever
Banned

Originally Posted by vbb
Whoa there. Chill out dude. There has been a discussion this whole time. The guy asked how long it took to install exhaust tips and I answered. I specifically related the situation to my case and even said my issue was with my old stock tips and not with the new exhaust tips. Nobody is trying to disparage your product, and your shot about my knowledge and experience wrenching on cars is inaccurate and uncalled for. If you had PMd me and asked me to delete my comment from your post, I would have been fine with that. Not sure what you quoting me was supposed to accomplish.

Buy the OP's exhaust tips! Great product and great price!!

Happy?
no harm no foul, when members scan forums they may pick up words and assume something or else about the condition of the tips.
i do not want anyone getting the wrong idea, thats unfortunate you had that issue with your oem set. i have had tricky projects in the past although for how simple the task is to change tips you must have been hitting you head against the wall with frustration.

have a nice weekend!
Old 10-22-2016, 12:08 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

my car's are all cali and never have issues.
Edit
Old 10-22-2016, 02:23 PM
turbofever
Banned

Edit
haha thanks TT - just edited the post

tips are available my friends
Old 10-23-2016, 10:27 PM
turbofever
Banned