Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need body wrap supplier, might wrap front spoiler

Old 04-16-2016, 01:36 PM
The Defector
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Need body wrap supplier, might wrap front spoiler

Thinking about wrapping the front "disposable" spoiler instead of painting it. I'm looking for a supplier of something like the Carrera white in a roll say 6 inches wide.

That way I can have one spare wrapped and ready keep swapping them out. Got to be easier than sanding, prepping, painting, re-sanding, prepping ,re-painting, re-sanding, prepping, re-painting.....

Anyone got a supplier?
JC
Old 04-16-2016, 10:26 PM
El Dario Loco
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was told that it's hard to wrap the oem front lip and side skirts since they have a textured on-even surface. True?
Old 04-17-2016, 11:15 AM
The Defector
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by El Dario Loco
I was told that it's hard to wrap the oem front lip and side skirts since they have a textured on-even surface. True?
Seems smooth enough to me. not sure what you mean.
Old 04-17-2016, 12:05 PM
CincyScott
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Whites are hard enough to match when they mix it at the paint store, I'd bet no one has an exact match to Carrara. Maybe a GM white, but I'd think it'd be super hard to match where it didn't look off.

I've not had any luck finding a powder coat color close to it either.
Old 04-17-2016, 12:06 PM
therock88
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by The Defector
Funny you just posted this. Yesterday as I was looking my car over preparing for a 1/2 mile no-fly zone event, I noticed the clear coat from my front spoiler seemed to be failing. I will likely go ahead and buy some better materials an repaint....But in the interim, I had some Carbon Fiber wrap left from my hood I just did on my BMW....So, I figured why not try it (since I will repaint later anyway).

I am no expert, and I did use extra pieces (Not one big sheet), so sectioned in the slot areas....I was surprised how good it came out.

Picture below. It was a bit challenging with that tech art spoiler due to extra curves, but I think I can easily wrap a stock one with no issues at all.

Not saying it is awesome or anything...But I actually like it, and someone who knows what they are doing could do great I imagine. Definitely need heat.

Posted a picture of the hood on my "work" car I just did also...That is where the scraps came from

DC

Old 04-17-2016, 12:14 PM
Yogi911
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by therock88
Funny you just posted this. Yesterday as I was looking my car over preparing for a 1/2 mile no-fly zone event, I noticed the clear coat from my front spoiler seemed to be failing. I will likely go ahead and buy some better materials an repaint....But in the interim, I had some Carbon Fiber wrap left from my hood I just did on my BMW....So, I figured why not try it (since I will repaint later anyway). I am no expert, and I did use extra pieces (Not one big sheet), so sectioned in the slot areas....I was surprised how good it came out. Picture below. It was a bit challenging with that tech art spoiler due to extra curves, but I think I can easily wrap a stock one with no issues at all. Not saying it is awesome or anything...But I actually like it, and someone who knows what they are doing could do great I imagine. Definitely need heat. Posted a picture of the hood on my "work" car I just did also...That is where the scraps came from DC
Looks great. Wish i lived closer so i could have you do mine for a fee. That little bit on the spoiler really sets the lower front off visually imo
Old 04-17-2016, 12:19 PM
therock88
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Yogi911
Looks great. Wish i lived closer so i could have you do mine for a fee. That little bit on the spoiler really sets the lower front off visually imo
Thank you very much. I guess if it grows on me, I may replace and take my time a bit more after the race Matches the hood very well, and does add a little contrast. I think I just enjoy playing with the cars and upgrading...It is a sickness...

DC
Old 04-17-2016, 01:21 PM
El Dario Loco
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Defector
Just what I was told by a local wrap guy I talked to. Maybe he doesn't know what he's talking about. Haven't pursued it further since I decided to having them painted anyway.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need body wrap supplier, might wrap front spoiler