Sponsored by:

Problem with key after replacing battery

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 03:20 PM
AlexluvsTTs
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Problem with key after replacing battery

It's been awhile since I checked in but I need your help guys!

This topic has probably already been posted in Rennlist somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

I replaced the battery on one of my keys and now only the remote works....i.e. the remote locks/unlocks the doors but the key won't start the car. How do I reprogram it?

BTW, I recently got my 997TT wrapped...I'll post picks shortly!

Cheers guys!
Old 04-08-2016, 08:07 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexluvsTTs
It's been awhile since I checked in but I need your help guys!

This topic has probably already been posted in Rennlist somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

I replaced the battery on one of my keys and now only the remote works....i.e. the remote locks/unlocks the doors but the key won't start the car. How do I reprogram it?

BTW, I recently got my 997TT wrapped...I'll post picks shortly!

Cheers guys!
Shouldn't have to reprogram the key. When you changed the battery did the RFID pill (the little glass capsule that is in the head of the key) fall out?

When you insert the key in the ignition and turn it the DME (or security) module transmits and RF signal to the key module/RFID pill. (The RF antenna is located behind the ignition key surround.)

This RF signal is received by the pill, which energizes it and causes it to send its ID. This is received by the antenna and decoded by the DME/security module and if the ID is recognized the starter circuit is enegized and the engine should at least crank and will start if everything else is ok.

Quick Reply: Problem with key after replacing battery