Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 Turbo GT2RS build

Old 03-28-2016, 04:56 PM
iSysman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rexman100
No kidding you wouldnt have anything to do w/ less than perfect. I'm sure a qualified AC repair shop can sort something out pretty quickly. Did your PCM c/w XM Radio? Having that installed would be icing on the cake!
Actually the PCM I bought had XM Radio on it and would just need an activation code but we don't have XM Radio in the UK. We have digital radio but not XM.

I think I'd need to find someone who knows Porsche and knows PIWIS. Just waiting to hear back now from someone to see if they have cracked it.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:24 PM
Rexman100
Intermediate

The guy who is going to do my install is a Porsche certified mechanic. He left Porsche less than a year ago to open his own business. However, he still has access to PWIS and support contacts. I will run the issue by him regarding the AC and Heater and Ill report back.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:09 PM
iSysman
Advanced

The guy who is going to do my install is a Porsche certified mechanic. He left Porsche less than a year ago to open his own business. However, he still has access to PWIS and support contacts. I will run the issue by him regarding the AC and Heater and Ill report back.
Cool. I don't think it's an easy fix. I work in electronics and its stumped me. But I'm happy to be proved wrong.
Old 03-29-2016, 03:44 PM
Rexman100
Intermediate

understood. Did you go with the multi or single disk PCM? In case we dont find a suitable solution, the below pics looks to be leather wrapped ac/pasm bar. Im not sure if he wrapped the PCM to match?
Attached Images   
Old 03-29-2016, 03:54 PM
iSysman
Advanced

Yeah that looks weird. Not something I would entertain but to each his own. He's just put in a PCM 3 with original parts underneath.

I'm confident we will find a solution. It was kind of shelved at the end of last summer by us for other more pressing subjects.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:18 PM
Rexman100
Intermediate

Weight reduction and increasing storage space from the removal of the cd changers is also nice. Did you go back w/ the single or multi disk? Maintaining cd's etc is a pain, I prefer using USB anyway.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:22 PM
iSysman
Advanced

Weight reduction and increasing storage space from the removal of the cd changers is also nice. Did you go back w/ the single or multi disk? Maintaining cd's etc is a pain, I prefer using USB anyway.
Yeah I have the single disc model. Never really use it anyway. I have an iPod in my centre console which I use for music.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:30 PM
iSysman
Advanced

Speaking of freeing up space. In the 'frunk' I removed the old Satnav unit and the 6 disc auto changer but I had to buy two pieces of carpet to replace the gaps. Cost about £200!
Old 03-30-2016, 01:13 PM
iSysman
Advanced

You can see here the carpet that needed to be replaced. Also the one that sits on the floor had a shape cut out for the Satnav unit. I replaced that also.

Old 03-30-2016, 03:53 PM
Rexman100
Intermediate

That is expensive for what seems to be standard black speaker box carpet. Is it special or OEM? Did you use velcro to fit the pieces to suit the holes?

Your build was the final inspiration I needed. In route to my house is the PCM, AMP (with plug) , IPOD/AUX kit and fakra quadlock. A few items still needed ( pin puller tool, GPS antenna, FO bridge and loops) I think thats everything. Besides the codes, sourcing the wiring schematics for the AMP and 997.2 PCM is going to be the biggest challenge.
Old 03-30-2016, 04:17 PM
iSysman
Advanced

That is expensive for what seems to be standard black speaker box carpet. Is it special or OEM? Did you use velcro to fit the pieces to suit the holes?

Your build was the final inspiration I needed. In route to my house is the PCM, AMP (with plug) , IPOD/AUX kit and fakra quadlock. A few items still needed ( pin puller tool, GPS antenna, FO bridge and loops) I think thats everything. Besides the codes, sourcing the wiring schematics for the AMP and 997.2 PCM is going to be the biggest challenge.
Nice. I can send you the wiring diagrams one of the guys put together. Will make things much easier.

Yeah carpets are expensive. Everything is really. My scale for judging this is broken now I've spent so much. To the point where I thought the fenders were reasonable at £3,500 for the set!
Old 03-30-2016, 05:42 PM
Rexman100
Intermediate

That would be fantastic to receive the schematics! - hydrotechnologysystems@***.net

In your favor, recent auto auctions show that the sale of replicas of rare cars (for ex : Your car, Yenko Camaros, AC/Shelby Cobras) also Resto-mods (for ex 57 Chevys and 1st Gen Corvettes w/ modern features are all trending each year for more and more money. So you'll be fine if re-sale value is even a concern. Your car may fit the best in this category : http://www.gemballa.com/en/productio...-carrera-turbo
Old 03-30-2016, 05:48 PM
iSysman
Advanced

That would be fantastic to receive the schematics! - hydrotechnologysystems@***.net

In your favor, recent auto auctions show that the sale of replicas of rare cars (for ex : Your car, Yenko Camaros, AC/Shelby Cobras) also Resto-mods (for ex 57 Chevys and 1st Gen Corvettes w/ modern features are all trending each year for more and more money. So you'll be fine if re-sale value is even a concern. Your car may fit the best in this category : http://www.gemballa.com/en/productio...-carrera-turbo
I think you need to PM me your email address as it's obscured it on here.

The info I have is hand written by it does the job.
Old 03-30-2016, 06:31 PM
Rexman100
Intermediate

It's ok, any info is good info!! Pm sent thanks again
Old 03-31-2016, 08:53 AM
Zuppy51
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you planning on converting this to car to 2wd and doing other suspension work?
What does this consist of?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 997 Turbo GT2RS build