Sponsored by:

Oil Pressure Sending Unit

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 04:38 PM
function12
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Oil Pressure Sending Unit

Anyone know if the oil pressure sending unit is easy to replace? I think mine is going bad. I got a information message saying low oil pressure when my car went to an idle. Rev it and it would go back up to 5. The message would go away. Then sometimes it would hit zero then back up to 1 1/2 at idle. Checked oil level and I am one bar below the full mark. No signs of an oil leak either. So, that leads me to the oil pressure sending unit. I know this can be an issue with the non-turbos but my search turned up very little on a 2007 997.1tt.

Thank for the help as always!!
Old 03-16-2016, 08:56 PM
512bb
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Oil pressure and oil level are two different things. Get this checked out right away as a low oil pressure destroys these engines faster than other cars.
Old 03-21-2016, 07:26 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by function12
Anyone know if the oil pressure sending unit is easy to replace? I think mine is going bad. I got a information message saying low oil pressure when my car went to an idle. Rev it and it would go back up to 5. The message would go away. Then sometimes it would hit zero then back up to 1 1/2 at idle. Checked oil level and I am one bar below the full mark. No signs of an oil leak either. So, that leads me to the oil pressure sending unit. I know this can be an issue with the non-turbos but my search turned up very little on a 2007 997.1tt.

Thank for the help as always!!
Probably a sensor/sender. If the engine was truly experiencing low oil pressure I think you'd know it by the dismal sounds the engine was making.

As a general rule though the actual oil pressure should be measured with a t-fitting and a real pressure gage to ensure the oil pressure is indeed good and then suspicion can fall more heavily on the sensor/sender.

One doesn't want to replace a perfectly fine sensor/sender when the real problem is well, real too low oil pressure.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:06 PM
function12
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I had a local shop replace the oil pressure sending unit and all it well. Not an easy part to get to otherwise I would have tried myself.

Quick Reply: Oil Pressure Sending Unit