BBi Autosport Porsche 997 Turbo Clutch Slave Cylinder Conversion Upgrade Ki

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2016, 04:09 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 544 Likes on 314 Posts
Default BBi Autosport Porsche 997 Turbo Clutch Slave Cylinder Conversion Upgrade Ki

Attachment 1344394

BBi Autosport Porsche 996 & 997 Turbo Clutch Slave Cylinder Conversion Upgrade Kit

Always striving for innovation, BBi Autosport is proud to present highly acclaimed Clutch Slave Cylinder Conversion Kit for the Porsche 996 and 997 Turbo. After successfully tested on both the streets and tracks for over a year, the Clutch Slave Cylinder Conversion is finally in stock and ready to ship.

The factory power-assisted clutch system has always been the Achilles heel for the Porsche 997 Turbo. Utilizing the power steering system to help reduce the force needed to depress the clutch pedal, it is a flawed design that delivers a mushy pedal feel with poor feedback, and is highly prone to failure. Our system addresses both of those issues by eliminating the problematic factory power-assist system for improved reliability and pedal feedback. Unlike other kits, our system is designed be used with OEM clutch master cylinder, hose, and spring pack. This eliminates the need for additional parts, making our kit a complete plug and play solution.

The other kits on the market simply adapts factory 996 GT2 parts with aftermarket brackets and caps off the power steering pump with plugs. Our kit is our very own proprietary design and does not plug the power steering pump because the plugs can fail. Instead, the power steering fluid is routed through the unit to simulate the factory system. With the failure of the factory system inevitable, this is a must upgrade for the 996 and 997 Turbo to achieve the excellent pedal feedback and reliability similar to that of the Porsche 997 GT2 and GT3 without compromising drivability.

Features
  • Eliminates the problematic OEM power-assisted clutch slave cylinder for improved reliability
  • Significantly improves the clutch feel and engagement
  • Similar feel to the factory 996 GT2 conversion kit for excellent drivability
  • Proprietary plug and play design
  • Retains clutch master cylinder, hose, and spring pack
  • Requires less installation time than other slave cylinder conversion kits
  • Does not adversely affect clutch life
  • Precision CNC machined and hard anodized aluminum construction
  • Hard anodized 7075 aluminum piston
  • Designed for Porsche 996 and 997 Turbo

International shipping is available and wholesale inquiries are welcomed. BBi Autosport products are also available worldwide through our growing dealer network in North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia and Pacific. BBi Autosport is always actively working to expand our dealer network worldwide to grow the distribution of our products and better serve our growing client base. For all questions and inquiries, please email Jerry@BBiAutosport.com or Sales@BBiAutosport.com

- JerrY@BBiAutosport.com

Bringing Passion, Artistry, Craft to the Porsche Tuning Industry
Southern California's Porsche Performance Tuning, Engine Development,
ECU Software Tuning, Custom Fabrication, Race Preparation & Factory Service Center
Website: www.bbiautosport.com Email: sales@bbiautosport.com Phone: (714) 843-0200
Follow Us On: Facebook & Instagram
Old 04-22-2016, 01:42 AM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Porsche 997.1 Turbo Slave Cylinder Conversion Installed by Modern Aircooled

Attachment 1356633

This Porsche 997.1 Turbo build by Modern Aircooled project started off as a coolant line 'pinning' job but the team ended up taking the opportunity to improve overall performance and reliability. In addition to getting our BBi Power Package consisting of our BBi Barcode Exhaust System, IPD Plenums & Y-Pipe, and Cobb Accessport, Modern Aircooled installed our slave cylinder conversion kit. We are proud to be working Modern Aircooled, one of our latest authorized dealers to represent BBi Autosport's complete line of upgrades

Upgrades

Attachment 1356634

BBi Autosport Porsche 996/997 Turbo Slave Cylinder Conversion Kit

Installed

Modern Aircooled Shop Contact Information

Attachment 1356635

Attachment 1356636

801 Hogan street,
Houston, Texas, 77008
modernaircooled@gmail.com
(713) 412-4523
Old 04-22-2016, 02:25 AM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm considering buying this, can you guys post a detailed DIY

thanks
Art
Old 04-22-2016, 02:36 AM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by aa909
I'm considering buying this, can you guys post a detailed DIY

thanks
Art
Hi Art, Thank you for the interest! The part is plug and play direct replacement for the OEM and we can offer technical assistance if needed. We have a few dealers in the Bay area and recommend professional installation.
Old 04-22-2016, 08:57 AM
estrellajon
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BBiAutosport
Hi Art, Thank you for the interest! The part is plug and play direct replacement for the OEM and we can offer technical assistance if needed. We have a few dealers in the Bay area and recommend professional installation.
Does the tranny have to be completed dropped or will partial drop do? Is it possible to replace while tranny is in place?
Old 04-22-2016, 11:46 AM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jerry

I'm still waiting on a response regarding welding of my coolant lines. I sent an email several weeks ago can you please respond or PM me the price . I will send you parts
Old 04-22-2016, 12:47 PM
T2weighted
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by eurotom
Jerry I'm still waiting on a response regarding welding of my coolant lines. I sent an email several weeks ago can you please respond or PM me the price . I will send you parts
I'm still waiting for a response on an email I sent two weeks ago as well inquiring about multiple parts for my incoming 997.2 TT.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:13 AM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Members, just we will be restocking on the slave cylinders shortly and we would like to offer a special sale price for all pre-orders throughout the month of November. Please reach out to us by email for more details!

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com
Old 10-31-2016, 09:48 AM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 489 Likes on 267 Posts

Trans drop required?
Old 10-31-2016, 10:48 AM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

absolutely, unless you can shrink yourself.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:09 PM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 489 Likes on 267 Posts

BBi says no on the drop - and in retrospect - OEM slave doesn't require a drop either... but maybe they're wearing Ant Man costumes for Halloween
Old 10-31-2016, 08:33 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by JG 996T
BBi says no on the drop - and in retrospect - OEM slave doesn't require a drop either... but maybe they're wearing Ant Man costumes for Halloween
Just wanted to clarify the definition of "dropping" the transmission. You do have to lower but not completely remove the gearbox.
Old 11-02-2016, 01:14 AM
Zubehor
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 42 Posts

sent you an email jerry, thanks.
Old 01-26-2017, 03:05 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Porsche 997.1 Turbo Sachs 2.5 Clutch, Aasco Flywheel, and BBi Slave Cylinder Install

Maintenance time is always a good opportunity for upgrades. With 75,000 miles, the clutch slave cylinder is failing and the original clutch is long overdue for replacement as it slips under light throttle. Instead of the factory one, it's getting the lightweight Sachs Performance & Aasco flywheel clutch combo to reduce rotating mass and our BBi Clutch Slave Cylinder for an improved feel.

Complete Package includes:
  • BBi Clutch Slave Kit
  • Aasco Lightweight Aluminum Flywheel
  • Pre-installed Sealed Pilot Bearing, Thrust Plate & Flywheel / Clutch Mounting Hardware
  • Sachs Race Engineering Sport Pressure Plate & Torsion Sprung Hub Organic Disc
  • Sachs Release Bearing

To truly get the most out of these drivetrain upgrades, we replaced the failing factory clutch slave with our BBi conversion kit. New Clutch Assembly and Slave Cylinder installed

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com
Old 04-29-2021, 07:29 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

We just finally restocked these and they feature an improved design internally to make the bleeding process a little bit easier. Please email sales@bbiautosport.com to order or visit our website:

https://www.bbiautosport.com/product...on-upgrade-kit

Name:  3xwCQsK.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  2.71 MB
Name:  9S66pM3.jpg
Size:  2.66 MB
Name:  snKPuJG.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  4.77 MB
Name:  7vARKqP.jpg
Size:  4.76 MB

- jerry@bbiautosport.com

Quick Reply: BBi Autosport Porsche 997 Turbo Clutch Slave Cylinder Conversion Upgrade Ki