Introducing my tt

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 09:38 AM
Edovol
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Introducing my tt

Hello,

I’m relatively new to this forum and I have to say that since I discovered it I’m becoming addicted
After posting a couple of messages, now I would like to introduce my car a bit better and share with you the look evolution of my 997tt.
I’had the car for a while and some time ago I started to be a bit bored by the ‘standard’ appearance of the tt (it is impressive how we can get used to pretty anything, even a stunning car like this).…so I decided to change a bit.
The car was originally like this:

...then I installed mk2 alloys and I placed a couple of orange and black stripes...

I’ve been quite happy with the outcome for about one year, but finally I felt it was time to change.
I always liked the GT3 4.0 layout (I considered owning one for a while, but prices went through the roof and I need a 4-seater) and I tried to adapt it to the color of my tt… I just had a doubt concerning the secondary stripes color: red or white? I went for the red option, but I may change in the future
PS: I also installed the Dectane tail lights in the meanwhile..

..this picture has been taken during the stripes installation...and here below the final result:

All in all, I’m satisfied with the outcome and I'm impressed by how much the personality of a car can be changed just by adding a little bit of colored vinyl...

Regards form an Italian in Paris.

E.
Old 12-26-2015, 10:21 AM
johnbelk
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice graphics, almost factory like in appearance, subtle. Plus, if you get tired of them or decide to sell...it's an easy removal. We'll played!

V/r
JB

Current:
2009 997 Turbo Blk/Blk 3.6L TT 6/MT
2014 Stingray Corvette Red/Blk Blk-Wheels 6.2L Z-51
1969 Z/28 Prostreet Red/White Stripes 598 BBC 9.8L
2003 F-150 Harley Davidson Blk/Slvr Superchrgd 5.4L
2015 F-350 Dually Moca-Brown Diesel 6.7L
2008 Saturn Vue White 3.6L VVT
Old 12-26-2015, 11:01 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 781 Posts

It looks great! I like the stripes. They add an individual touch and some nice pop to your silver car.
Old 12-26-2015, 11:17 AM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 190 Likes on 107 Posts

Very nice, tastefully done.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 12-26-2015, 01:34 PM
Steven954
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Nice

Nicely done, looks clean and not overdone. Reminds me of the scudera stripe.
Old 12-26-2015, 02:01 PM
Edovol
Intermediate

...thanks a lot for the positive feedback...

@Steven954... even if I'm Italian and I do like Ferrari, I prefer to be connected to the GT3 4.0 than to the Scuderia.. :-)

Any thought concerning the orange and black asymmetric design? ...it kept me happy for more than 1 year... :-)

Last edited by Edovol; 12-26-2015 at 02:37 PM.
Old 12-26-2015, 04:19 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 781 Posts

I like the black and orange stripe too. Both configurations look good on your car.
Old 12-26-2015, 04:56 PM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Edovol

Any thought concerning the orange and black asymmetric design? ...it kept me happy for more than 1 year... :-)
Welcome E(nzo?)

As I wrote in an other post I like your stripes a lot. They are just right.
The first ones however are not for me and I only write this since you specifically ask about it. I prefer not to comment negatively on matters of taste.

Must say, happy there is a new active EU member. Felt lonely sometimes
Old 12-26-2015, 05:35 PM
Edovol
Intermediate

Wink

Originally Posted by TT-911
Welcome E(nzo?)

As I wrote in an other post I like your stripes a lot. They are just right.
The first ones however are not for me and I only write this since you specifically ask about it. I prefer not to comment negatively on matters of taste.

Must say, happy there is a new active EU member. Felt lonely sometimes

There is nothing bad in saying that the orange/black stripes are not for you. It is a very polite feedback.

BTW, I'm not Enzo (even if my parents used to like Ferrari as well)...you can have a better guess from my username....
Old 12-27-2015, 09:40 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 852 Likes on 435 Posts

I rarely see people put strips on these cars and put these newer wheels on the earlier year model. LOVE the look. I am so conservative I would never do it myself but it "makes" the look of your car.

How did you decide to pick these particular wheels and this particular stripe over all the other options that are out there?
Old 12-28-2015, 08:02 AM
Edovol
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
How did you decide to pick these particular wheels and this particular stripe over all the other options that are out there?
I got tho the current look in steps. This is the full story:
I like a lot the classic look of the tt, but I ended up finding it a bit boring (I'm definitely attracted by bolder looks - a GT3 or an Exige V6 would be my cup of tea....but they are 2-seaters).

One day a friend of mine gave me some scraps of orange and black vinyl and I realized that it would have been very easy to cut and stick stripes on the car ...and -after some look simulations done with Powerpoint (!!) and with the help of my 7 y.o. son- I did it!

The result was beyond my expectations and I really enjoyed the making as well: do-it-yourself can be a great satisfaction!

Then I started looking for a new set of wheels for my track days...and I used again my Mac to simulate the look of the car. The mk2 option was the one which I liked the most (some Center lock alloys were nice as well, but...too complex)

Few weeks ago, I saw a GR3 4.0 parked just in front of my place an I fell in love with it. I started thinking at a possible adaptation of the design to my car's color/layout (ideas like matching the color of the inner part of the alloy wheels and of the calipers came to my mind) )and I ended up with 2 solutions (powerpoint is very basic as you can see, but it is more than enough to understand the overall design balance):

...and...

I selected the first, I made the detailed cut-out drawings (initally for my Silhouette cutting tool, but finally everything was done with the help of a friend of mine - thanks Mark!- and his professional cutting machine)

The result is quite neat in my opinion...but I'm still thinking at the secondary stripes in white...next time
Old 12-28-2015, 09:15 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 852 Likes on 435 Posts

One of a kind, which is rare these day! Thx for the explanation of your process.

Quick Reply: Introducing my tt