Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To upgrade or to modify ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 04:48 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Sounds like you're really unhappy with your turbo. Perhaps trade it on the new gts it gt4?
Not being a wise ***, totally serious.
C
Old 02-18-2015, 05:04 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jem7v
I said alignment and PASM because all of you guys said changing the alignment makes a big difference. So when I agree with what common consensus is, it is then later used against me? Get out of here, don't waste my time anymore. Follow MY997 and Team plutonium's lead and learn to have a non hostile disagreement and constructive conversation with people.

There are no inconsistencies in what I am saying. I like the GT cars plain and simple. I think they are better than the turbo for what I want. To me a turbo s doesn't bring 60k extra satisfaction than a 4 GTS even. Doesn't mean I don't like the turbo. I think at the price I got mine, my car and deal are fantastic.
dude you're hilarious. so if someone disagrees with your comments they are "hostile"? your comments are very much inconsistent and all over the place. and you continually restate, clarify and reposition your statements and make broad generalizations in an effort to back track.

do yourself a favor and stop rebutting every comment, and maybe consider the rest of us are perceiving your comments very differently than maybe you intended… which = "think it through before your post", then brain-keyboard filter is a powerful thing... you may want to buy an aftermarket one because evidently the OEM one you have is leaking… ok that was mini-hostile LOL… OK now let's all get along, I don't think jem7v intends to come across as he has, just seems like a passionate guy who has lots of opinions, let's hit the reset button on this discussion
Old 02-18-2015, 05:12 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Sounds like you're really unhappy with your turbo. Perhaps trade it on the new gts it gt4?
Not being a wise ***, totally serious.
C
I'll drive it for a couple years and get a 991 GT3 later on. This is good for my DD needs and the price point I could afford. May sell it sooner. All depends on the money.

Originally Posted by aa909
dude you're hilarious. so if someone disagrees with your comments they are "hostile"? your comments are very much inconsistent and all over the place. and you continually restate, clarify and reposition your statements and make broad generalizations in an effort to back track.

do yourself a favor and stop rebutting every comment, and maybe consider the rest of us are perceiving your comments very differently than maybe you intended… which = "think it through before your post", then brain-keyboard filter is a powerful thing... you may want to buy an aftermarket one because evidently the OEM one you have is leaking… ok that was mini-hostile LOL… OK now let's all get along, I don't think jem7v intends to come across as he has, just seems like a passionate guy who has lots of opinions, let's hit the reset button on this discussion
Hostile because he attacks whereas other people who disagree just say they disagree and why, but do not attack. You can say you disagree without calling the period an idiot, a bad driver, or irresponsible, or whatever else.

I'll agree with the rest of what you said about the think it through before you post it. Clearly things are coming off wrong through the internet.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:44 PM
93ls1rx7
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are no inconsistencies in what I am saying.
Dude you are walking inconsistencies. You can't even stay consistent on the same day.

First you say this....

I'm only talking about the 911. And yea as far as a 997, I like the turbo the best. I don't think the other's have enough HP. My opinion.
Then 2.5 hours later you say this.....

There are no inconsistencies in what I am saying. I like the GT cars plain and simple. I think they are better than the turbo for what I want. To me a turbo s doesn't bring 60k extra satisfaction than a 4 GTS even. Doesn't mean I don't like the turbo.
So which is it Mr. Inconsistent?
Old 02-18-2015, 06:57 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 93ls1rx7
Dude you are walking inconsistencies. You can't even stay consistent on the same day.

First you say this....

Then 2.5 hours later you say this.....

So which is it Mr. Inconsistent?
Again not me. GT cars. As in GT3/GT2/GT4 and all RS versions. Did you think I meant the panamera or cayenne when I said GT? My mistake lol.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:29 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Fella's if you think jem's bad here just take a look at the ranting going on over on the 991tt sect for gods sake's! https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...s-value-5.html Wow talk about off topic rants. Seems he's becoming a walking talking encyclopedia on everything ranging from Porsche's to finances and god only knows what else! The incessant rantings and contradictions are truly getting beyond a joke!!! Truly jem is there no end?? You need to take a step back as aa909 suggests and think hard before typing dude.

PS hey 93ls1rx7 , I would disagree with jem7v being inconsistent though as he is definitely maintaining a very strong consistency in contradicting himself from post to post here. Its like he is opening his mouth just to change feet.

Lol I can foresee jem calling the mods again for rescuing.. H-E-L-P!!

Last edited by speed21; 02-18-2015 at 09:52 PM.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:04 PM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by speed21
Fella's if you think jem's bad here just take a look at the ranting going on over on the 991tt sect for gods sake's! https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...s-value-5.html Wow talk about off topic rants. Seems he's becoming a walking talking encyclopedia on everything ranging from Porsche's to finances and god only knows what else! The incessant rantings and contradictions are truly getting beyond a joke!!! Truly jem is there no end?? You need to take a step back as aa909 suggests and think hard before typing dude.

PS hey 93ls1rx7 , I would disagree with jem7v being inconsistent though as he is definitely maintaining a very strong consistency in contradicting himself from post to post here. Its like he is opening his mouth just to change feet.

Lol I can foresee jem calling the mods again for rescuing.. H-E-L-P!!
I'm pretty sure he is retarded.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:16 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Team plutonium, that term " retarded" is repugnant.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:29 PM
eurotom
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Regarding the thread title- I say modify in small doses and enjoy it for a while before moving on to the next.

Eurotom

Brought to you by Softronic Tuning, Tubi two cans, bilsteins and many more.
Old 02-18-2015, 10:59 PM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Team plutonium, that term " retarded" is repugnant.
...abhorrent, revolting, repulsive, repellent, disgusting, offensive, objectionable, cringeworthy, vile, foul, nasty, loathsome, sickening, nauseating, hateful, detestable, execrable, abominable, monstrous, appalling, insufferable, intolerable, unacceptable, contemptible, unsavory, unpalatable.

I thought I was just touching the border... but noted, and retracted; I substitute with 'Child left behind'.
Old 02-18-2015, 11:09 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
I'm pretty sure he is retarded.
I'm inclined to agree. He cant possibly be legit. I suspect he is just a kid messing around here and it's his dads car....or something of that nature..
Old 02-18-2015, 11:42 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,562 Likes on 977 Posts

If this goes on much longer, I'm going to have to post pics of ***** (in bikinis, of course). That's what they do on the 996 board when the IMSB discussion comes up.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:14 AM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by Dennis C
If this goes on much longer, I'm going to have to post pics of ***** (in bikinis, of course). That's what they do on the 996 board when the IMSB discussion comes up.

Sounds like a plan! I'm sure ***** in bikinis will be a lot more entertaining than watching jem consistently swamping himself in his own faeces.

Now where were we again? aahhhh mods that's right. OP start with a tune, exhaust, there ya go!
Old 02-19-2015, 05:13 AM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

I highly recommend this mod, although it may have a negative effect on traction.
Attached Images  
Old 02-19-2015, 08:41 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,562 Likes on 977 Posts

I like that mod, but it looks expensive to maintain.

Quick Reply: To upgrade or to modify ?