Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

This is what I ended up ordering....

http://www.oewheelsllc.com/TPMS-Sens...T#.VLR7McJ0yM8
Old 05-20-2015, 06:17 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

great thread, just had this issue Sunday. The warning at night freaked me out. I ended up getting gas and resetting the sensors and eventually they popped back on. So far so good, but I assume it' a sign of sensors on their way out. Curious if 1 goes bad the whole system goes kaput or i just don't get a tire reading on it.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:13 PM
CincyScott
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Ibanezgod
great thread, just had this issue Sunday. The warning at night freaked me out. I ended up getting gas and resetting the sensors and eventually they popped back on. So far so good, but I assume it' a sign of sensors on their way out. Curious if 1 goes bad the whole system goes kaput or i just don't get a tire reading on it.
My experience is one goes bad and it freaks out the whole lot. I'm sure it shouldn't work that way, but it seems to. Did you just have a tire low or were they all good?
Old 05-20-2015, 09:56 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 109 Posts

This is by design, I believe for theoretical safety reasons. I think the same applies to many models/manufacturers. Nothing to say you couldn't replace one, but is an indicator that they're all near death battery wise (you can check via Durametric) and the after market replacements are inexpensive.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:56 AM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Originally Posted by CincyScott
My experience is one goes bad and it freaks out the whole lot. I'm sure it shouldn't work that way, but it seems to. Did you just have a tire low or were they all good?
They were all good, right now they are working fine. fingers crossed.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:33 PM
cam2008
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found that if you get the TPMS not active, do not LEARN but try to get to the screen where you see the tire pressures. I usually get to see which one went bad before they all just shut down and you get no readings at all.

You may have to do this after sitting awhile or acknowledging the warning.

Like others have said, change all four, however I do not heed that suggestion myself. On my S, I disabled the TPMS until I replace the tires. ON my TT, I change only those that have gone bad. Worked so far for me.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:46 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Originally Posted by cam2008
I found that if you get the TPMS not active, do not LEARN but try to get to the screen where you see the tire pressures. I usually get to see which one went bad before they all just shut down and you get no readings at all.

You may have to do this after sitting awhile or acknowledging the warning.

Like others have said, change all four, however I do not heed that suggestion myself. On my S, I disabled the TPMS until I replace the tires. ON my TT, I change only those that have gone bad. Worked so far for me.
yeah i did notice that I think it was the rear driver that wasn't reading, but could be my imagination. They are all reading now. But good idea not to worry about replacing them until i need new tires.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:13 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Just a quick update. I do not recommend the monitors I ordered in my first post. They are on my car now but they work poorly in my car. One or twice a week they seem to lose signal and the whole system needs to be reset to re-learn. Frankly it's a pain in the ***.

As soon as I need new tires I'm getting the OEM sensors back on the car. They may be stupid expensive, but at least they work on a consistent basis.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:43 PM
ctony66
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same problem with the oewheels sensors. Bad part is I just put them in with new tires.
Old 05-21-2015, 06:55 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Originally Posted by ctony66
I have the same problem with the oewheels sensors. Bad part is I just put them in with new tires.
ouch that blows. WtF someone should contact them and bitch them out for selling crap.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:01 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Originally Posted by Ray S
Just a quick update. I do not recommend the monitors I ordered in my first post. They are on my car now but they work poorly in my car. One or twice a week they seem to lose signal and the whole system needs to be reset to re-learn. Frankly it's a pain in the ***.

As soon as I need new tires I'm getting the OEM sensors back on the car. They may be stupid expensive, but at least they work on a consistent basis.
that product link is no longer available.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:25 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Tire rack sells the oem ones, work perfectly, around 300$.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:29 PM
ctony66
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that product link is no longer available.
Yea I think they finally stopped selling them. Too late for those that have them though.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:04 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 109 Posts

I purchased from OE Wheels, but purchased the slightly more expensive ones that had a longer warranty. I've not experienced any issues.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:11 AM
CincyScott
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by nzskater
I purchased from OE Wheels, but purchased the slightly more expensive ones that had a longer warranty. I've not experienced any issues.
I haven't either, but that doesn't mean they aren't junk

Quick Reply: TPC "Inactive"