Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

bump for more feedback
Old 01-13-2015, 11:37 AM
eviligloo
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by jem7v
Oh it's constantly blinking? I don't like that.
Based on all the feedback on the forum I thought this was going to be a big deal. It's so far out of your peripheral vision that you don't notice it at all. Totally a non issue.

If they "fixed" the blinking how would you know which suspension setting you're in? Doesn't really need fixing in my opinion.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:01 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by eviligloo
Based on all the feedback on the forum I thought this was going to be a big deal. It's so far out of your peripheral vision that you don't notice it at all. Totally a non issue.

If they "fixed" the blinking how would you know which suspension setting you're in? Doesn't really need fixing in my opinion.
Maybe 3 modes is not needed. Probably just use mode 1 and 3 they have.

Or perhaps have a way for people to select which 2 they want, and have 3 if someone really wants 3.
Old 01-13-2015, 01:54 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

Had my first track day yesterday and was happy to have the third mode. I tend to use mode 2 90% of the time, and only switch to mode 1 when the roads are rough.
Old 01-18-2015, 03:22 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 47 Posts

I found the normal mode on the factory set up was very floaty on certain surfaces and the sport mode a bit too harsh. The TPC set up eliminates the float without any harshness. Mode 2 and 3 while firm things up but never make the car ride unacceptable. The handling is without question a nice improvement over OEM and really lets you dial in the handling based on the type of twisties, road conditions, etc.
Tight, controlled but not unpleasant. Probably the best mod I've made to the car since owning it. Highly recommended.
Old 01-18-2015, 03:55 PM
dmac
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm with nzskater and Bob. Best mod for the money to my 997.2 TTS cab!
Old 01-20-2015, 04:32 AM
808c2s
Burning Brakes

Received 463 Likes on 188 Posts

Here's another recent review

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...ck-review.html
Old 01-20-2015, 10:04 AM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by 808c2s
Great review and very accurate!
Old 01-20-2015, 01:58 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 889 Likes on 585 Posts

Originally Posted by 808c2s
Thanks for taking the time to post this.

Would still like to hear from others who have done this mod their perceptions of the performance as compared with stock pasm.
Would love to hear detailed descriptions if possible, not just "love it", "great mod", "hate the blinky led".

Would particularly like to hear how the TPC brain functions if you have "lowering springs" installed.
My car has what looks like champion white springs. Car is too low, scrapes too easily, insufficient suspension travel, blah blah blah.
Very poor choice by a previous owner IMO.

Thanks
Craig
Old 01-20-2015, 04:03 PM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cgfen

Would still like to hear from others who have done this mod their perceptions of the performance as compared with stock pasm.
Would love to hear detailed descriptions if possible, not just "love it", "great mod", "hate the blinky led".

Would particularly like to hear how the TPC brain functions if you have "lowering springs" installed.
My car has what looks like champion white springs. Car is too low, scrapes too easily, insufficient suspension travel, blah blah blah.
Very poor choice by a previous owner IMO.

Thanks
Craig
Most aftermarket springs sucks. The best option is just coil overs at this level.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:04 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jem7v
Most aftermarket springs sucks. The best option is just coil overs at this level.
agreed, but I'm not planning on purchasing a set for this car..
Old 01-20-2015, 11:43 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

I installed GMG springs prior to the DSC. Springs alone made a positive difference, by reducing the porpoising behaviour and making the car feel more planted. Downside was the additional firmness, making Sport mode on uneven roads a little too harsh.

DSC resolved this by making the ride more compliant (and all the other benefits highlighted already).

I added springs both for the aesthetic and the performance enhancements, but I'd say DSC is almost mandatory if you're planning on lowering the car.
Old 01-21-2015, 10:48 PM
jammaljc
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for that additional point on using it with lowering springs. I am about to install damptronics and sway bars, with stiffer springs, and was wondering whether I should do the DSC too. Sounds like it is still recommended.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:17 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nzskater
I installed GMG springs prior to the DSC. Springs alone made a positive difference, by reducing the porpoising behaviour and making the car feel more planted. Downside was the additional firmness, making Sport mode on uneven roads a little too harsh.

DSC resolved this by making the ride more compliant (and all the other benefits highlighted already).

I added springs both for the aesthetic and the performance enhancements, but I'd say DSC is almost mandatory if you're planning on lowering the car.
thanks for the feedback.

interesting that you mention porpoising.
my car exhibits this.
it's the only car I've ever had that does so, but i've never owned a 500HP AWD car before......
I'll start a new thread to discuss.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:00 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by cgfen

Thanks
Craig
I tried 4 DSM units on my Bilstein Damptronic GT2, first unit was rock hard all time, second unit triggered PASM warning light third and forth just didn't seem to work right, the ride was always harder than stock and I couldn't detect any better handling than standard.

All units went back and I have lost confidence in the product mainly because it is so hard to quantify an "improvement" over the factory unit and I guess I am thinking how much development time went into the GT2 settings by the Motorsport dept of Porsche/Bilstein and how equipped in terms of resources are TPC to do better.

Quick Reply: TPC DSC Opinions