Sponsored by:

TranzIt BLU HF Install in a 997.1TT - PCM 2.1

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 12:13 PM
function12
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric - Plug Guy
We have a very large installed base of the Dension CompactBT since we beta tested it last January 2017 (we are a primary distributor for Dension to the Porsche market, as many of you know). The unit is now in its second generation with updated electronics as well. Works very well. Easier to install than the TranzIt due to not having to route through the antenna port.

Both products are available on our site. One thing to keep in mind is that they both use modulation and bluetooth. If you spend most of your in-vehicle time in a major metro without too many blank spots on the radio spectrum, these may not be quite as friendly.

And of course, if you have PCM 2.1 (997/987/Cayenne) w/telephone buttons on the upper left, the best integration solution is the Dension 500SBT, also available on our site. Email any questions: info@bumperplugs.com
When the tranzit blu is turned on it bypasses the antenna input. So, you get zero interference.
Old 02-17-2018, 08:25 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Received 529 Likes on 315 Posts

the antenna port is connection is the easiest part of the installation - they just plug into a fakra antenna adapter.

the best thing about the fm modulation re the tranzit blu is that it literally cuts off the incoming antenna signal. you could literally be parked outside the radio station and the signal would be crystal clear. whether the blank radio station is blank or is of high strength, makes no difference in sound quality due to the simple to plug in hard-line fm antenna as the audio source makes this possible.

We have a very large installed base of the Dension CompactBT since we beta tested it last January 2017 (we are a primary distributor for Dension to the Porsche market, as many of you know). The unit is now in its second generation with updated electronics as well. Works very well. Easier to install than the TranzIt due to not having to route through the antenna port.

Both products are available on our site. One thing to keep in mind is that they both use modulation and bluetooth. If you spend most of your in-vehicle time in a major metro without too many blank spots on the radio spectrum, these may not be quite as friendly.

And of course, if you have PCM 2.1 (997/987/Cayenne) w/telephone buttons on the upper left, the best integration solution is the Dension 500SBT, also available on our site. Email any questions: info@bumperplugs.com

100% agreed, amazing + simple. plus the best part via antenna signal is that song names and caller ID id displayed on the pcm via rds.

Originally Posted by function12
When the tranzit blu is turned on it bypasses the antenna input. So, you get zero interference.
Old 03-27-2018, 01:16 PM
Zach L
Rennlist Member

Received 403 Likes on 268 Posts

Eric, with your support, looks like you guys are the way to go to source a solution.

What's the best product to use with PCM 2.1 and using an Android phone, for Bluetooth calls and A2DP music streaming? What features are missing from the 500SBT when using Android instead of iPhone? Thanks!

Last edited by Zach L; 03-27-2018 at 01:46 PM.
Old 06-18-2018, 01:32 PM
Blue997_1
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

I just did this installation today and it was super easy. I didn't have a 7 mm bolt on the passenger side of my car, and also my cables on the Tranzit unit were a bit confusing because there were two black wires that were unlabeled and right next to each other. I don't have much electrical experience but I decided that both are identical ground cables so I just hooked one up to the PCM ground and the other to the control button. I also did not have the four dip switches that I could see on the device. There was a rubber cover that seemed to maybe be covering something, but I gave it quite a bit of force and it didn't come off, so literally no clue where those switches are located. Anyways, the installation worked without touching those.

I routed the microphone under the driver's side carpet, under the door weather striping, and up the side of the A-pillar. Overall the install looks very clean and the microphone sounds good, too.

In terms of sound quality, it's slightly worse than CD but better than FM. It's totally acceptable for this car, since once you are on the road, the road noise will prevent you from hearing the full fidelity of the music anyways.

The iPhone app doesn't seem to work. It doesn't recognize that my phone is connected via Bluetooth to the Tranzit unit. Not sure how to fix this. The app seems very basic and may be abandoned at this point.

I had a Google Express 20% coupon and bought the device from Walmart for like $58 USD, plus $15 for the cable. I'm super happy with the results for such a small amount of dough!
Old 07-02-2018, 09:15 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

still the best, simplest yet the most reliable solution for these cars imo.

- rds info tells the song name + artist
- green button allows for hands free operation of the phone (scrolling thru songs, picking up incoming phone calls, or even activating siri without using voice commands when the phone is on low power mode)
- installation is pretty exactly the same as for any other fm modulation device that requires tapping into the power + ground
- the best part is that it uses the FM antenna as an aux cable, and tapping into the fm antenna is as simple as 'plugging it in' - by far the easiest part of the install.

i moved the mic today from the sun visors (took off the mount clip) and literally ran the wire further up into the roofline where it is pretty much above my head when driving - its as close proximity as it'll ever get to me so the sound should be better then before.

Originally Posted by Blue997_1
I just did this installation today and it was super easy. I didn't have a 7 mm bolt on the passenger side of my car, and also my cables on the Tranzit unit were a bit confusing because there were two black wires that were unlabeled and right next to each other. I don't have much electrical experience but I decided that both are identical ground cables so I just hooked one up to the PCM ground and the other to the control button. I also did not have the four dip switches that I could see on the device. There was a rubber cover that seemed to maybe be covering something, but I gave it quite a bit of force and it didn't come off, so literally no clue where those switches are located. Anyways, the installation worked without touching those.

I routed the microphone under the driver's side carpet, under the door weather striping, and up the side of the A-pillar. Overall the install looks very clean and the microphone sounds good, too.

In terms of sound quality, it's slightly worse than CD but better than FM. It's totally acceptable for this car, since once you are on the road, the road noise will prevent you from hearing the full fidelity of the music anyways.

The iPhone app doesn't seem to work. It doesn't recognize that my phone is connected via Bluetooth to the Tranzit unit. Not sure how to fix this. The app seems very basic and may be abandoned at this point.

I had a Google Express 20% coupon and bought the device from Walmart for like $58 USD, plus $15 for the cable. I'm super happy with the results for such a small amount of dough!
Old 07-02-2018, 09:31 PM
myw
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Kef Chan

this is awesome - does the tranzit blu mic just snap right in there? when i have to take my steering column apart to install my new steering wheel i may try this.
Old 10-03-2018, 11:56 AM
jayi836
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 137 Posts

For a under $150.00 a fiber optic solution and the phone works without a sim card
just ripped out my Tranzit unit and sent it back.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0756XCG7G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0756XCG7G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 10-03-2018, 04:32 PM
TypeRx
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jayi836
For a under $150.00 a fiber optic solution and the phone works without a sim card
just ripped out my Tranzit unit and sent it back.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I am thinking about making the switch as well as I am getting background static noise from the Tranzit at high volume (e.g. in between tracks). This must be a function of the FM input rather than a digital one. I have really enjoyed the Tranzit HF for the past couple years though...best bang for the buck no doubt.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:52 PM
jayi836
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 137 Posts

The other issue I had with the Tranzit was the level so much lower than the CD or XM. Fixed on the fiber optic module flip on switch 1 and 2. You wont look back as almost all music is steaming these days. I still have a CD wallet under the seat for no reason.
The instructions may confuse you but its plug and play out of the box unless you may need coding to enable the CD changer. I have a Durametric Pro but didn't need it.

Well documented here.
https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...uetooth-8.html

Old 10-04-2018, 05:41 AM
KLZ
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just wondering if you guys would switch off the blue tooth of your phone every time you shut down the car/ the radio, just to make sure the Tranzit BLU is off incase it's draining the battery itself even the car is being shut down?
Old 10-04-2018, 05:29 PM
TypeRx
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KLZ
just wondering if you guys would switch off the blue tooth of your phone every time you shut down the car/ the radio, just to make sure the Tranzit BLU is off incase it's draining the battery itself even the car is being shut down?
No. The Tranzit should be wired to a switched (+), so it won't drain anything when the car is off (well, as long as the PCM is also off when the car is off).
Old 04-13-2019, 06:31 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

my 997.1 turbo came with transit blue installed.

about two years ago it dropped signal. Have not been able to get it working ever since.

i have tried discconecting it and installing it again. It just keeps picking up and dropping signal.

anybody else have this problem?
Old 04-15-2019, 04:01 PM
function12
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
my 997.1 turbo came with transit blue installed.

about two years ago it dropped signal. Have not been able to get it working ever since.

i have tried discconecting it and installing it again. It just keeps picking up and dropping signal.

anybody else have this problem?
Have you tried re-pairing your phone to it?? Make sure you select forget on your phone. Also make sure your phones' name does not have any special characters in it. I.e. Paul's iPhone
Old 05-12-2019, 02:38 AM
Str8crusin
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone install Tranzit BLU without having to cut the factory wires (I.e. insert the wires into the wiring harness?)

Also, I bought the Fakra antenna extender below, but the notch for the plug didn't line up correctly and would not click in. Which one do I need to buy?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07252FDFD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07252FDFD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you,
Old 11-17-2019, 04:47 PM
raymondculala
4th Gear

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Str8crusin
Anyone install Tranzit BLU without having to cut the factory wires (I.e. insert the wires into the wiring harness?)

Also, I bought the Fakra antenna extender below, but the notch for the plug didn't line up correctly and would not click in. Which one do I need to buy?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I tapped into the ground of the 12v lighter socket in the passenger foot well, and for power, I put a spade connector on a wire and plugged it into an empty, “switched” fuse slot, mine was the first slot on the third row. The power on the pcm is a constant 12v source.

https://www.discountcarstereo.com/baa2223.html
This is the one I ordered from discountcarstereo.com

BAA2223 MODULATOR ANTENNA KIT FOR SELECT EUROPEAN AND AMERICAN CARS

It comes with two wires. You need to plug this into where the BLACK antenna wire is, NOT the orange. They will both work, but I got a lot of static when I used the orange wire.

As an update, I ordered my iSimple Tranzit Blu HF ISFM2351 from Amazon.

Amazon Amazon

Quick Reply: TranzIt BLU HF Install in a 997.1TT - PCM 2.1