Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 66 Posts

sounds great I just pm Harris for more info
Old 01-03-2014, 10:23 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks to be $ well spent. If i wasn't on the fence changing my car at the moment i'd be into this immediately. Looks like a great mod.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:22 AM
roybotnik
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have only heard good things about it and Harris has been very forthcoming w/ answers to questions I've asked. Only $1190 in case you didn't see it in the thread. Seems like a bargain for this car. They have a real money maker here if they can prevent other tuners from copying it.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:49 AM
Slakker
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 108 Posts

So does this remove the need for all other suspension mods for a DD or occasional DE day?
Old 01-04-2014, 08:57 AM
rotesAuto
Three Wheelin'

Location: North Carolina, '12 cls63 '14 S550V4, 07TT-gone, 07Targa4S-gone
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is that avatar of Rodger Moore from the saint or something else? doesn't look like a Bond clip to me
Old 01-04-2014, 02:07 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's a cool idea but here's my concern with this system. The suspension on our cars has a valve that controls the hydraulics of the suspension to stiffen and soften the ride. But Porsche designed this to be a static system not a dynamic system, meaning the valve is either open or closed. With this "dynamic" reprogramming to allow real time modulation of these valve I wonder if there may be premature failure of the valve. So basically If the valve is constantly opening and closing several times a minute, which it was not designed to do, will it fatigue and fail sooner than expected?

Just like with any mod out there, whether it's a tune, springs, exhaust etc, I personally wouldn't want to be the guinea pig until I saw several cars successfully run this system for thousands of miles or if the manufacturer of the system was going to extend a warranty for the suspension.

Btw the above is my assumption on how this system works, they have not disclosed the details of their dynamic controls.
Old 01-04-2014, 03:04 PM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by speed21
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...pension-2.html

Any takers? Looks like this may be the ultimate suspension solution for the .1
speed21 thanks for posting. I havent been on 6speed for a while now but I have been waiting a long time for this system to come out.

If you do a search on TPC Racing you will see that these guys are very respected with suspension tuning of Porsche's
Old 01-04-2014, 04:19 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow that looks like a really good solution.. I love the fact that you you don't have to change hardware. I would be a good guinea pig..

.I recall that system being talked about over a year ago. Has The TPC system been out that long?

Last edited by phillipj; 01-04-2014 at 04:45 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:47 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by speed21
Looks to be $ well spent. If i wasn't on the fence changing my car at the moment i'd be into this immediately. Looks like a great mod.
What are you thinking of changing to? Another P car? The new 991 TT? Or something else?
Old 01-04-2014, 06:13 PM
KTM2170
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anymore info on this system? appears only 1 guy has purchased and offered write up but not extensive driving..

thanks
Old 01-04-2014, 06:25 PM
fskof
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 108 Posts

If I remember right TPC Racing had developed this a few years ago but they had to wait about a year for a patent.
Here is another post regarding this mod: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...-your-car.html

Will this DSC be available for all 997 models?

Last edited by fskof; 01-04-2014 at 06:49 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 07:29 PM
512bb
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I have it and I love how it changes the car. Call TPC Racing and talk to Harris or Tom and I am sure they will be able to get it to you. I know that they are awaiting the patent, but they have sold a few.

I would say one of the best updates that can be done to a PSS10, if not the best.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:00 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rcgalore
Interesting....
Sure is!

Originally Posted by Psup4s
sounds great I just pm Harris for more info
Keep us posted if you make a move on it. Be keen for more impressions..

Originally Posted by Slakker
So does this remove the need for all other suspension mods for a DD or occasional DE day?
Not sure but I'm a bit of a believer in keeping a car as stock where possible and never really saw the suspension on the car as being such a huge issue that some make it out to be. I guess an improvement such as this one will build on what Porsche has already provided without having to mess around replacing shocks and playing around with spring rates….amongst other issues associated to lowering a car.

Originally Posted by rotesAuto
is that avatar of Rodger Moore from the saint or something else? doesn't look like a Bond clip to me
The saint actually. My daughter spotted it and said I should use it because it looked like me

Originally Posted by aa909
It's a cool idea but here's my concern with this system. The suspension on our cars has a valve that controls the hydraulics of the suspension to stiffen and soften the ride. But Porsche designed this to be a static system not a dynamic system, meaning the valve is either open or closed. With this "dynamic" reprogramming to allow real time modulation of these valve I wonder if there may be premature failure of the valve. So basically If the valve is constantly opening and closing several times a minute, which it was not designed to do, will it fatigue and fail sooner than expected?

Just like with any mod out there, whether it's a tune, springs, exhaust etc, I personally wouldn't want to be the guinea pig until I saw several cars successfully run this system for thousands of miles or if the manufacturer of the system was going to extend a warranty for the suspension.

Btw the above is my assumption on how this system works, they have not disclosed the details of their dynamic controls.
I hear what you say re wearing of the valve from constant adjustment but I guess that would also apply to other shocks which were dedicated to be active from the get go. I guess time will tell but I would take a chance on it.

Originally Posted by fskof
speed21 thanks for posting. I havent been on 6speed for a while now but I have been waiting a long time for this system to come out.

If you do a search on TPC Racing you will see that these guys are very respected with suspension tuning of Porsche's
Cheers fskof, and yes TPC have made quite a good name for themselves so I am sure they have put a lot of R and D into producing something that actually delivers.

Originally Posted by phillipj
Wow that looks like a really good solution.. I love the fact that you you don't have to change hardware. I would be a good guinea pig..

.I recall that system being talked about over a year ago. Has The TPC system been out that long?
I imagine there would be a few amongst us prepared to play guinea pig lol but I'm sure they have already been through that process mindful they have (apparently) had this product for some time now, but not yet officially released. I look forward to more reviews..

Originally Posted by phillipj
What are you thinking of changing to? Another P car? The new 991 TT? Or something else?
Phillip my thinking is to stick with the Porsche brand if for nothing other than the general anonymity and better practicality the brand offers.

Edit. Removed my comments on the other car Phillip loves as he upsets easily. Best to keep the "gang" happy.

Last edited by speed21; 01-06-2014 at 08:16 PM.

Quick Reply: What do you guys think of this?