Sponsored by:

Couple interior sqeaks

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 09:44 AM
rop3
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Couple interior sqeaks

Just picked up an 08 turbo cab few weeks ago, love the car, have only driven home from dealer then to shop for an alignment approx. 150 miles pre alignment.

Car was quite no squeaks originally. In order to get a turbo spec alignment had to put urethane offset bushings on the control arms. On the ride back I notice some noises in both door panels and steering column constant even on smooth pavement.

The temp was also about 18 degrees maybe 20 less than the original ride. So not sure if weather related or not. I am driving the car to Florida wanted to get it resolved beforehand.

Before I change the bushings back and re align. Just wondering if anyone had same experience? Could it be the forces on the body from more aggressive alignment?

I have an 08 GT3RS with 9k miles and no interior panel noises.

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-25-2013, 09:58 AM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 265 Posts

Alignment should not impact NVH or BSR at least you could not have changed it that much? What would affect NVH or BSR based on your before/after would be: a) the lower the temp the higher the noise transmissibility b) tire pressure was changed?...Check it. c) Bushing durometer will have an impact for sure. Not sure what about your before/after but anyone who has gone to different polymers or solid bushings, mounts can you tell you that they picked up a lot more road induced noise... d) finally I am assuming that your before/after test was on the same exact section of road, road speed, and even engine speed...

If I were you...I would just leave it alone and take it to Florida...warm weather will loosen up all the rubber stuff and you will have your top down anyhow!
Old 12-25-2013, 12:27 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

After owning several P cars I can tell you with authority they don't like cold weather. In Summer my car has zero squeaks and rattles. When the outside temp drops below like 50 forget it. Dash squeaks, door speaker rattles, etc. Fortunately, I drive my car 95% of the time in warm weather. Don't spend too much time trying to figure out how to resolve the problem. By the time you get to Fla it will probably be nice and quiet inside.
Old 12-25-2013, 01:25 PM
aa909
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if it's cold (below 50 F) you'll get a bunch of parts complaining
Old 12-25-2013, 01:46 PM
rop3
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Igooz
Alignment should not impact NVH or BSR at least you could not have changed it that much? What would affect NVH or BSR based on your before/after would be: a) the lower the temp the higher the noise transmissibility b) tire pressure was changed?...Check it. c) Bushing durometer will have an impact for sure. Not sure what about your before/after but anyone who has gone to different polymers or solid bushings, mounts can you tell you that they picked up a lot more road induced noise... d) finally I am assuming that your before/after test was on the same exact section of road, road speed, and even engine speed...

If I were you...I would just leave it alone and take it to Florida...warm weather will loosen up all the rubber stuff and you will have your top down anyhow!
Thanks for the info. yeah I checked tire pressure and drove short trip but noises still there, my initial ride picking up from dealer was long 2.5 hours highway City, and then drove thru some inner city roads so I think a good representation of everything. But after alignment those noises interior trim noises are constant in the door panel, steering column comes and goes. And they remain even when road is smooth so I kind of think maybe the car is sensitive to it. And the bushings are adding vibration? I just got rid of 2 944 turbos coupe and cab 20yr + cars and they were quit my 993 also quit?

Quick Reply: Couple interior sqeaks