Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 12:34 PM
Joe@Fabspeed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts

I have personally datalogged and mapped the ITA, or intake air temperature of the 996TT, 997TT, 997.2TT while idling and while being driven on the street and at race track speeds. The ITA is the same as the ambient air temperatue when the car is being driven as air rushes over the roof and into the spoiler scoops and engine bay.

The reason virtually air engine airboxes are sealed up tight and have small openings is to keep the cars engine and air induction system quiet and so that there is no loudness in terms of air induction roar and engine loudness.

Yes if you are stuck in Rush Hour Beltway traffic the ITA goes up versus stock. FWIW all these Porsche Twin Turbo and NA watercooled engines also have an electric engine fan that Blows ambient Air into the engine bay when the car is stuck in traffic and or you have turned off the engine after it was driven. The small electric engine fan is controlled by a thermocouple.

Everything we have done was dyno developed and verified. The sports car sound and blow off sounds with an open airbox alone are worth the experience.

One last thing if you and or anyone is stuck in a major traffic jam.............what difference does it make if the ITA goes up a few degrees and then eventually the temperature kicks on the electric engine bay fan and then the ambient air is force feed in and the engine bay temperature reaches equilibrium. Lastly once you are actually driving over 10 miles an hour all the air the engine is taking in is ambient temperature.

If any of you want a stock OEM 996TT, 997TT airbox I have many of them. If anyone wants to try to system cruise by and we will install and you can test for yourself as I 100% stand by my Fabspeed Motorsports systems.
I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving.
www.Fabspeed.com

P: 215-646-4945
F: 215-646-9828

Exotic Car Performance Experts
Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Maserati, Bentley, Aston Martin, BMW, Audi and Jaguar.

31 year PCA Club member supporter
14 year Ferrari Club member
1st ever financial supporter of Porsche Fans/ Rennlist
Old 11-29-2013, 01:32 PM
Leo997TT
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe@Fabspeed
Everything we have done was dyno developed and verified.

Fits all 997TT Vehicles 2006-2009
Significant horsepower and torque improvement +17-21 HP.
Dual cone system for substantially better airflow and improved sports car sound.
Fabspeed uses dry-style filters which do not require oiling. Simply wash with warm water and re-use.
Will not void factory Porsche warranty and fits all cars worldwide.
Maxflo air intake comes complete and ready to install.

Joe 17-21HP just to change the OEM airbox? Are you sure all your products are "DYNO" verify?
Old 11-30-2013, 10:58 PM
Rodbuster
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Leo knows what he is talking about. Didn't AMS have something on their website, proving that these aftermarket systems did nothing?
Old 12-01-2013, 10:48 AM
Joe@Fabspeed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts

Each and every fabspeed Motorsport air intake system works and was dyno developed and tested. From Ferrari, Lamborghini to aircooled and water cooled Porsche cars all the systems work really well.

The best part about the twin turbo air intakes from 996tt to the latest 997.2tt cars and all Cayenne twin turbos is the sports car soud and blow off noises on 997tt and cayenne cars. Between shifts the boost bleed blow off puts a giant grin on everyone's face sounds like a very mild version of the old Holbert Racing 962C between shifts.......the noise alone with the increase in power pure harmony.

Any and all of you are personally invited to Fabspeed Motorsport USA to see our 25,500 sq ft engineerig and manufacturing facility and I will personally let you test our air intake systems.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:13 PM
Leo997TT
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe@Fabspeed
Each and every fabspeed Motorsport air intake system works and was dyno developed and tested. From Ferrari, Lamborghini to aircooled and water cooled Porsche cars all the systems work really well. The best part about the twin turbo air intakes from 996tt to the latest 997.2tt cars and all Cayenne twin turbos is the sports car soud and blow off noises on 997tt and cayenne cars. Between shifts the boost bleed blow off puts a giant grin on everyone's face sounds like a very mild version of the old Holbert Racing 962C between shifts.......the noise alone with the increase in power pure harmony. Any and all of you are personally invited to Fabspeed Motorsport USA to see our 25,500 sq ft engineerig and manufacturing facility and I will personally let you test our air intake systems.
Nice writing but I was looking for a yes or no....

17 up to 21HP gain from a Air intake it's just horse**** period.

I'm sorry but I had your air intake in my car and I hope it's biodegradable because it's in the land field right now...
Old 12-01-2013, 04:06 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 265 Posts

How about those Broncos playing at KC today? It will be a great game!
Old 12-01-2013, 06:37 PM
KTM2170
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol

Quick Reply: Air box upgrades for 997 TT