Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got some pix! Sorry for the delay!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 10:42 AM
9115INGH
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by GTRNICK
I would definitely like to meet up. It would be my pleasure.

Maybe we could take some pics of beauty and the beast lol

Godam! Looks the nuts bro! Looks like some serious TURBO talk is in order. Would be wicked to get some pix done of them together. When are you free??? hahaha Sorry man, iv'e not had the car for a long time so am still in the honeymoon period with it
Old 09-17-2013, 10:58 AM
GTRNICK
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 9115INGH
Godam! Looks the nuts bro! Looks like some serious TURBO talk is in order. Would be wicked to get some pix done of them together. When are you free??? hahaha Sorry man, iv'e not had the car for a long time so am still in the honeymoon period with it
Ill be honest with you, im just as bad as you and I've had it 4.5 years lol

Thanks for the kind words.

At the moment it is at Porsche with the engine out as i have the notorious coolant leak. But now the engine is out im in 2 minds. Wether to crack it open and go 3.8ltr or 4.1ltr. So lets see what happens. But im deffo up for meeting and discussing turbo stuff.

Btw im on holiday in Cyprus till Sunday!
Old 09-17-2013, 11:16 AM
9115INGH
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GTRNICK
Ill be honest with you, im just as bad as you and I've had it 4.5 years lol

At the moment it is at Porsche with the engine out as i have the notorious coolant leak. But now the engine is out im in 2 minds. Wether to crack it open and go 3.8ltr or 4.1ltr. So lets see what happens. But im deffo up for meeting and discussing turbo stuff.

Btw im on holiday in Cyprus till Sunday!
oh man hope it's not too much of a hit to the wallet. ( but since when is ANYTHING not when it comes to cars like these lol )

Ye im trying to find the perfect balance between keeping the wife&kids happy ( little ones are only 7months and 2 yrs ) and keeping myself happy by indulging in petrol heaven. hehe

Sounds like you could potentially have the chance to go HUGE on power. Is yours a manual or tip s?

Does that mean you are without a car for a while now?

Your name on here GTRNICK... did you have a GTR?
Old 09-17-2013, 12:03 PM
GTRNICK
Racer

Its good to keep the family happy but its also good to keep yourself happy too.

I used to have an R34 gtr in 2004 but since then ive owned a 996tt and then the 997tt.

My car is a manual and i could be without the car for a little unless i just fix and leave it as is!
Old 09-17-2013, 12:55 PM
9115INGH
Intermediate

i see i see, well the summer is over and looks like it's going to be **** from now on so I guess now would be the right time to start a mother of a project like that. Where as me, I finally got my car to the point where i'm actually satisfied with it and now its raining every day non stop

Do the cost implications of doing it still work out in favour compared to say buying a Gen 2 and then starting a proj on that? But by the sounds of it your car is far quicker than a Gen 2 so would there be any point?
Old 09-17-2013, 02:31 PM
GTRNICK
Racer

Yes agree the season is kind of over for us and thats another reason why im thinking of going for the build now.
I know how you feel in regards to getting your car to where you want as that is what i did till the coolant leak happened lol

In regards to the gen.2 the engine is a pile of mush after 650hp and is not a true race bred dry sump racing engine like the gen 1.

IMO YOU have the last of the best as you have the GT1 block combined with the latest PCM3. So you bought well again IMO.

Im not saying that the gen 2 coupled with the PDK is no slouch as it far from it and is still a lovely car but if you want serious power capabilities then the gen 1 is the place to be.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:08 PM
9115INGH
Intermediate

have they diagnosed the exact issue/cause for the leak?

ye I had seen many Turbos when looking to buy one but I kept thinking that an 09 with PCM3 would be the best buy for me, luckily I found one. I had been reading up on Turbos for about 2 years before I had the funds to go out and get one and in that time I heard nothing but pure praise for the Mezger block.

I don't think I will increase the power anytime soon though. Need to calm down and recover from the hole left in my wallet from the initial purchase to all the mods I did after.

UNLESS.... I see how much quicker yours is and then get bitten by the bug again and "NEEEEEEEEEEEED" the power. lol You know how it is... you are usually satisfied until you come across something which is better!!!!
Old 09-18-2013, 01:35 AM
GTRNICK
Racer

Yes I noticed the leak when it was up on the ramp for its MOT.

I drove home filled it up with 1.5ltr of coolant then the next day i took it for a 5 min drive to my sisters.

The next day I went to check it and it was easily another litre under so I booked in straight away and found out it was that notorious leak. The technician who is my friend also told me he was gutted to tell but we have to drop your engine out. I said no problem but I want it fixed my way not Porsches way lol

So I ordered some parts and now they are just sitting there and the technician is waiting for me to get back to talk me through what he has done so far and for me to decide my next move.

Now as for the power lol everyone I take out in my car wants to go and buy one and make it the same as I have. So yes it will give you the bug
Old 09-18-2013, 08:02 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 64 Posts

You know I like it. Great looking car.

Jay
Old 09-23-2013, 12:41 AM
nsurg
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To the OP, those are probably my favorite wheels on this car so far... not sure I'll pony up the cash for it though!
Old 03-25-2015, 12:32 AM
machdown
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is one sexy car! I can't stop going back and looking at it.
Old 03-25-2015, 02:31 AM
KOTYKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by machdown
That is one sexy car! I can't stop going back and looking at it.
I agree! The wheels and stance looks amazing
Old 03-25-2015, 11:49 AM
Guybrush Wilkinson
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is the best looking interior color I have seen on a turbo. Not many of those around, never seen one before. Is that a stock interior color combo? Very sporty.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:38 AM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 269 Posts

Car looks great. Nice pics.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:18 PM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

wow i'm jelly. That colored interior is amazing. would have loved that. amazing car

Quick Reply: Finally got some pix! Sorry for the delay!