Nomak
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 04-28-2013, 08:05 PM
AP328
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by eurotom
Either way I don't believe you can gain ~35hp from 91 to 93.
The vast majority of this thread seems to draw reasonable conclusions, but I do disagree with the statement above. While I certainly have not put my TT on a dyno, I do know with a Mazdaspeed 6 that about 30 horsepower is lost when moving from 93 to 91, so it seems at least possible, maybe even probable that 35 hp could be lost on the TT.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:31 PM
Leo997TT
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So what do you guys think about the famous "POWER KITS" to me there are a BIG wasted of money.... $30 for a lot of parts that are not worth, for example:

Champion Motorsport Power kit

- Champion Motorsport Exhaust Manifolds
- Champion Motorsport 65mm Billet VTG Turbochargers
- Champion Motorsport Intercooler Upgrade Kit
- Werks1 Carbon Fiber Y-Pipe
- Werks1 Carbon Fiber Plenum
- OEM Porsche GT3 82mm Throttle Body
- Werks1 Carbon Fiber Airbox
- Tubi Style "Street" Exhaust System -OR- Tubi Style "Race" Exhaust System
- 5 Bar Fuel Pressure Regulator
- Bosch High Performance Spark Plugs
- Custom GIAC Performance Software
- Complete Porsche Gasket & Hardware Kit

Total $26,025.00

Do you guys really think this is worth it for the price? i think there is a lot of parts that are very $$$$ and you don't really need them... (please correct me if i'm wrong)

This 3 parts are about $8000 and i don't really think they do much...
Old 04-28-2013, 10:52 PM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

I get over 800whp out of those parts- the 68mm VTG turbos, not the 65. That's the only difference in the parts listed. I also have fuel and engine upgrades- but those parts you listed are capable of flowing very high numbers. If they had an air box that fit my car it would be on there too.

So yes, you are wrong. Very wrong.

Softronic is probably the absolute last DME tune I would do. In fact, I take that back- if it is a choice between stock and Softronic, I'll take stock.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:45 AM
Leo997TT
Banned

Originally Posted by Nick Wong
I get over 800whp out of those parts- the 68mm VTG turbos, not the 65. That's the only difference in the parts listed. I also have fuel and engine upgrades- but those parts you listed are capable of flowing very high numbers. If they had an air box that fit my car it would be on there too.

So yes, you are wrong. Very wrong.

Softronic is probably the absolute last DME tune I would do. In fact, I take that back- if it is a choice between stock and Softronic, I'll take stock.
Nick

So you think we should get this parts?

I'm not trying to be a smartass but i'm sure you get over 800whp because of the BIG Turbos, bigger intercoolers and tune not because of the airbpx, y-pipe, plenum and throttle body...

I just bought the werks1 air intake and i'm ready to sale it because i think it was another mistake... big wasted of money just for looks...

I have Softronic and i thank god everyday for being bless and having it in my car... and i'm NOT IN THE PAYROLL of Softronic for sure, softronic is the best or not? i can't really answer to that question because i only had softronic in my car so i have nothing to compare it. this is ONLY MY OPINION i'm not trying to make anybody upset.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:10 AM
Nomak
Advanced

Leo
For that kind of money I would put on Alpha 3076 or GT3076 and beat high hp cars and +200whp Bikes
Old 04-29-2013, 02:25 AM
Nomak
Advanced

Leo

Check you PM's
Im sure you will get better idea
Old 04-29-2013, 04:34 AM
Nick Wong
Three Wheelin'

Leo- we are all entitled to our own opinion. If you think their parts are a waste of money, don't buy them. My view on that is you have very little, if any, real engineering experience, and understand very little about cars. At least, that's what your Internet forum posts allude to.

As for Softronic- as you said, they are the only one you have experience with. Yet surprisingly you brazenly call them the best on all the Internet forums. Perhaps you should broaden your scope before passing judgement on companies and products you clearly have little or no experience with.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:18 AM
Leo997TT
Banned

Originally Posted by Nomak
Leo

Check you PM's
Im sure you will get better idea
Thank you!! I can't watch them right now BC my god is sleeping but tomorrow I will!

Thank you
Old 04-30-2013, 02:26 AM
Leo997TT
Banned

Originally Posted by Nick Wong
Leo- we are all entitled to our own opinion. If you think their parts are a waste of money, don't buy them. My view on that is you have very little, if any, real engineering experience, and understand very little about cars. At least, that's what your Internet forum posts allude to.

As for Softronic- as you said, they are the only one you have experience with. Yet surprisingly you brazenly call them the best on all the Internet forums. Perhaps you should broaden your scope before passing judgement on companies and products you clearly have little or no experience with.
You still didn't explain why those parts are good...

If you don't feel like doing it that's fine I understand a very intelligent guy like you shouldn't waste his time talking to a new ignorant guy like me

Last edited by Leo997TT; 04-30-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:29 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Leo997TT

If you don't feel like doing it that's fine I understand a very intelligent guy like you shouldn't waste his time talking to a new ignorant guy like me
Your approach and skepticism is exactly what is needed when dealing with the tuning industry.

Do a search and read some of the posts from the Champion fan boy above and you will get the picture where he is coming from - he is pissed off because he spent money on the parts you are questioning and he actually has no idea if they work or not, like you said (and he didn't like that bit hence his trade mark attempt to put you down) he has the big laggy blowers for the high boost C16 fuelled rush (up to his set up's limits of about 160mph) but all the high margin add ons ? never been tested individually on/off accurate engine dyno so all BS until proven different IMVHO
Old 04-30-2013, 09:26 AM
Leo997TT
Banned

Originally Posted by TB993tt

Your approach and skepticism is exactly what is needed when dealing with the tuning industry.
Really??
Old 04-30-2013, 10:06 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Really??
Leo – your approach to tuning is random. You keep adding pieces and then changing. Figure out what you want your car to be, do some real research and then add complimentary pieces. You’ll save yourself a bunch of money and aggravation and ultimately get what you want. Think of the extra cash you’d have without the CAI, BMC filter and now the Werks 1. Slow down and think about this in total, not just pieces...and get that hood fixed.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:24 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

Really??
By approach I mean skeptical approach, if you have been buying random add ons without researching then as you have found out this "approach" as pointed out is not the best

We were calling out tuners on here when you were 15yo when they were all claiming 700hp from air cooled turbos which performed like 500hp ones, RL is where the 60-130mph measurement was invented !
Much has changed and there are many tuners who can match most of the performance aspirations of owners but there're still plenty of snakes in the pit, checkout the way tuners sell their intercoolers and the deafening silence when called out for verification...

Quick Reply: Skeptical of Softtronic ECU Reflash Claims