Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 07:25 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 307 Likes on 213 Posts
Default Intro: 997.2TT Muffler Delete X-Pipe

Pictured below is our new SpeedTech 997.2TT Muffler Delete X-Pipe with black ceramic coating applied...It is designed to replace the muffler on the 997.2TT -basically, it is the core of our 997.2TT internal X-Flow muffler, except made out of solid, non-perforated pipe and without the muffler skin...we feel even our louder muffler is a little quiet on these 997.2TT cars and designed this X-Pipe to produce a distinctive sport sound that the majority of 997.2TT owners will appreciate.

We are looking for a customer that is interested in installing this on his 997.2TT. We will provide a great deal on this ceramic coated X-Pipe for anyone that is willing to do a video for us once installed! Please PM if you are interested (A MA, NH, CT, RI, ME, VT car would be ideal, as we would be willing to travel to your location and could shoot the video ourselves, but anywhere in the country works, as long as you have the ability to video....). We only have one X-Pipe available for the special video discount...

Here's the picture - this is a really nice looking product, guaranteed to look great and sound fantastic on your 997.2TT!

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials SpeedTech Exhaust Videos facebook

Old 03-13-2013, 11:08 AM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Expanding our search outside of New England...

Anyone interested in a great deal on a 997.2TT X-Pipe in exchange for video footage, please pm for details!
Old 05-29-2013, 06:01 PM
AuZZZie
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're looking for a 997.1TT guinea pig I'm in.

I'm in Vancouver, Canada though.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:33 PM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I did make a deal on the above pipe, but have not heard back on the video yet...so that said, I will try again, if you are willing. I will PM you the details of this offer later - I have to leave for an appointment shortly...
Old 05-30-2013, 01:34 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

i think 997.1TT stock cats are connected to muffler but 997.2TT cats are not and therefore could mount up to this pipe? i think that's why shark werx only does the cross pipes on the 997.2?

pipe looks good... i have an x pipe setup coming soon.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:29 AM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Correct, this is our 997.2TT X-Pipe, which can be used with the 997.2TT OEM cats.

For the 997.1TT we have an entirely different system. It's for the .2TT X-Pipe that we have the video opportunity...
Old 05-30-2013, 07:51 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

John D 11 whats your take on the AMS findings about xflow systems?

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-turb...g-exhaust.html
Old 05-30-2013, 11:20 AM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

From what I heard, the X-Pipe on the AMS car had a failed cat and was clogging the pipe, so the readings they were getting were not accurate. Below are our real world findings.

We have tested our X-Pipes on the track and staged 1/4 mile runs with straight pipes, conventional twin can design and our X-Designs in order to compare the performance of each design. Our 1/4 mile and trap speeds were all within 100th's of a second of each other (in the 11.00's) and trap speeds were within the same MPH, as well, with all the designs. It is our/my opinion that as long as you have a good flowing exhaust, the X vs. conventional design does not effect real world performance up to the 700 HP level, which is the HP we tested. So then it becomes a sound/quality choice.

IMO, our X-Pipe is hands down the best sounding system you can put on a Porsche Turbo - we have had several customers try 5 different systems, including the most popular exhaust for these 997TT cars and prefer our X-Flow sound! I have heard them all and I agree, so if you are looking to really enjoy the sound of your car and have a huge smile on your face every time you step into it - IMO, X-Flow is the way to go....this scenario keeps repeating itself and I am very confident stating it, as I have heard it so many times now...I can put any style exhaust on my car at any time and I run a X-design because it's the most enjoyable, best sounding system I have ever heard, there is no performance downside and it adds tremendously to the enjoyment of owning and operating the vehicle. That's my take on it.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:48 AM
speed21
Banned

Thanks. Does seem like a lot of experts here seem to think otherwise though. Thats why i asked your take you being in the design and construction of the style of exhaust under question/criticism. I see the thread i linked is now picking up momentum furthering the conclusion x pipe is a backward step in performance design. Anything further to add on the speculation that is going on there?
Old 05-31-2013, 10:29 AM
John D II
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

IMO, many of the people commenting "think" based on looks an X does not flow as well. We have proven in real world testing that it performs as well as conventional systems and sounds much better. Many of our customers have had up to 5 different exhausts, all of conventional design and when they install our X-Pipe they love the sound and performance - it is what they were looking for all along...

With our X-Pipe you can hear the turbos spinning and whirring, just like straight pipes. You do not hear this with most conventional systems. The reason is that the "U" in a conventional exhaust creates resistance and drag, whereas with an X-Pipe some of the exhaust gases go straight thru the "X" and out (from one side to the other - basically a straight shot) - making them more of a straight pipe than an "X". This is also why you hear the turos spooling so much with our X-Pipe...

Then you have the monster builds where they want the most power after their huge build and they run catless straight pipes. At 900-1200 HP this makes sense to attempt to set records - you have no restriction for huge turbos and light weight -the drawback is that it sounds horrible and most owners would not want that sound ever. We offer what I and many others feel to be the perfect mix of sound and performance for the vast majority of 996TT and 997TT owners.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:50 PM
Joe@Fabspeed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts

X pipes works great if properly developed for virtually any normally aspirated and or Turbocharged cars. The radius of the X pipe and the center window are the science and engineering for creating and X pipe.

Over and Under pipes for 993, 996, 997 and Turbos make the cars sound flat and boring.......over & under pipes make the car louder but just a BORING flat sound. The reason some companies are selling and touting over & under pipes are that they have NO engineering/testing/ development teams and over & under pipes are as SIMPLE and CHEAP as hell to manufacture. Brainless.

The X pipe is the answer for great sports car sound and power all across the RPM band as it ties each Right & Left 3 cylinder engine bank together on the FLAT sixes we all own and love. Separate over and under pipes keep the engine exhaust separate whereas all factory OEM Porsche 996TT, 997TT, 997.2TT and the new 991TT internally blend/mix both sides of the flat six engine from design inception.

I was doing X pipes on Porsche 996TT cars back in 1999 on the 996TT cars...........that's 16 years ago.
www.Fabspeed.com

P: 215-646-4945
F: 215-646-9828

Exotic Car Performance Experts
Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Maserati, Bentley, Aston Martin, BMW, Audi and Jaguar.

31 year PCA Club member supporter
14 year Ferrari Club member
1st ever financial supporter of Porsche Fans/ Rennlist
Old 05-31-2013, 08:34 PM
speed21
Banned

Looks like that AMS theory/test has been sunk like a rock... I wonder why they did not say the cat was broken? Anyway if that's all true that's very deceptive of them to the members here. Bad form.

Quick Reply: Intro: 997.2TT Muffler Delete X-Pipe