New Turbo Exhaust - early Christmas Present

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 06:19 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dianic
Oh wow. I am speechless.
The directness of speed, and his hard questioning in my view never turned rude. As far as I read it was an attack on statements and claims. The style was as always a no bull**** approach. Direct and strong. But that is just Paul's style.

I do however sense, and correct me if I am wrong, that Phillips and Zeus comments were a bit more personal, and to be honest I don't think there is a need for that. These days this place is active because of the new additions to this group of people. We enjoy each others cars, learn from each others opinions and experiences. There is absolutely no point in making any of this personal, especially for the regulars of this forum.

Whether we like it or not, Chris is a vendor to be, taping into the best resource he can. An educated lot of enthusiasts. Note both words. I have always considered this place to be much more of a no b**** forum than the rest... And such posts make that difference in my view.

I could say that Chris wasn't expecting this reception, but I think that we have learnt things from this exchange. Had he tackled the issues sooner and kept the claims lower, then perhaps this wouldn't have escalated to make him disappear.

Keep smiling. This is a nice place to pass our time. Lets keep it active, interesting and polite.
Thanks for the words Nick. Oh well next time i'll wander off down to the park instead and try and find an animal in need, or go out and have a group hug amongst strangers. That should fix it.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:36 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Lets let this go gentlemen... I didn't mean to get personal or get anyone angry.. I just stated my opinion.

It seems that my post was not interpreted as I had hoped it would be..

And Speed there is no need to lash out.. I respect your opinions and you are very passionate about these cars.. I completely understand and admire that..

It's unfortunate that this got out of hand. If I helped creat that atmosphere my apologies..

Phillip
Old 11-06-2012, 06:40 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 11-06-2012, 06:51 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by phillipj
Lets let this go gentlemen... I didn't mean to get personal or get anyone angry.. I just stated my opinion.

It seems that my post was not interpreted as I had hoped it would be..

And Speed there is no need to lash out.. I respect your opinions and you are very passionate about these cars.. I completely understand and admire that..

It's unfortunate that this got out of hand. If I helped creat that atmosphere my apologies..

Phillip
Hey don't sweat it Phillip. All's perfectly fine with me. Although ya lost me with the "lashing out" bit?

Lol, anyway maybe we "all" need a group hug after all of this opinion giving and interrogating heh, Chris can be included too.

Btw what were you on about with that post about tunes, power or something etc? You got a few of us here bamboozled with that one.

And also what happened with you and Vivid?
Old 11-06-2012, 07:36 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Speed,

Sent you a PM
Old 11-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Glenmhor 1
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A little apprehensive about following up on this post now but did promise to share my impressions with those thinking of changing their Turbo systems for something sportier.

Can I start by saying I agree with the poster that said first hand experience of a product is the proof in the pudding and with the comments about fantastical claims that end up expensive mistakes.

To be fair to Kline, I spoke to them - and others - before originally posting this thread and expressed my opinion about E/P being the percieved benchmark aftermarket system for the Turbo and there were no derogatory responses whatsoever. The only comment made was to say that they did things differently based on the science available to them.(more than one way to skin the same cat, so to speak)

What appealed to me about the Kline system was twofold. First the sound and more significantly for me personally at this time, the price difference.

Anyway, I believe it's human nature when you spend a significant amount of money on something to try and convince yourself it's money well spent but I will be as objective as I can.

The system arrived today and I have to say I am impressed to see it in the flesh. Workmanship is second to none with exqusite welding. It weighs in a 13.5kgs in contrast to apparently over 40kgs for the O/E exhaust.

That said much is still to be seen in relation to how good the system really is but suffice to say I am happier having seen it now. So far so good then, role on December.

Rob.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:09 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by Glenmhor 1

Anyway, I believe it's human nature when you spend a significant amount of money on something to try and convince yourself it's money well spent but I will be as objective as I can.

It weighs in a 13.5kgs in contrast to apparently over 40kgs for the O/E exhaust.

Rob.
Hi Rob,

This is a very valid point you raise and i look forward to your review.

Now, re the "weight" saving I think i may have mentioned earlier somewhere way too much emphasis get's placed on the weight savings in the course of certain vendors spruiking their AM systems.

Check post #12 http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...ss-thread.html

When you look at the facts, the stock system weighs in at 20.45 kilograms (not over 40 KG) vs Klines at the (claimed) 13.5kg. That's really only 8kg you know. I simply can't imagine how you'd ever feel 8kgs difference on a car like a TT.....and that's not forgetting that you don't have any heat shielding either....which represents both weight and cost...

Unless a system is made of titanium and is of equal substance structurally as the OEM system, any talk of weight savings on a TT exhaust starts ringing alarm bells for me.

Btw, as you said price was the most significant factor behind your purchasing decision, what actually was the price saving?

Last edited by speed21; 11-08-2012 at 11:37 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:29 AM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

Been reading on which exhaust is the best deal and it seems its fabspeed.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:23 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,242 Likes on 573 Posts

Originally Posted by atcbi5
Been reading on which exhaust is the best deal and it seems its fabspeed.
Oh boy... Here we go again. Round two!
Old 11-09-2012, 01:45 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Originally Posted by Zeus993
Oh boy... Here we go again. Round two!
LOL!!!
Old 11-09-2012, 01:46 PM
phillipj
Drifting

A little apprehensive about following up on this post now but did promise to share my impressions with those thinking of changing their Turbo systems for something sportier.

Can I start by saying I agree with the poster that said first hand experience of a product is the proof in the pudding and with the comments about fantastical claims that end up expensive mistakes.

To be fair to Kline, I spoke to them - and others - before originally posting this thread and expressed my opinion about E/P being the percieved benchmark aftermarket system for the Turbo and there were no derogatory responses whatsoever. The only comment made was to say that they did things differently based on the science available to them.(more than one way to skin the same cat, so to speak)

What appealed to me about the Kline system was twofold. First the sound and more significantly for me personally at this time, the price difference.

The system arrived today and I have to say I am impressed to see it in the flesh. Workmanship is second to none with exqusite welding. It weighs in a 13.5kgs in contrast to apparently over 40kgs for the O/E exhaust.

That said much is still to be seen in relation to how good the system really is but suffice to say I am happier having seen it now. So far so good then, role on December.

Rob.
Can't wait to hear your impressions....I hope you love it and it performs well..
Old 11-09-2012, 02:42 PM
kitwetzler
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by speed21
Btw, as you said price was the most significant factor behind your purchasing decision, what actually was the price saving?
When I was shopping for exhausts, it was about $2500 vs $4600 for the EP.

I'm definitely interested in how the Kline exhaust performs too. I bid on a few of them on eBay that started at $0 with no reserve, a few sold in the $2000 range.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,242 Likes on 573 Posts

Rob.
Get that baby bolted on! There's a crowd gathering... It's like a James Bond moving coming out!
Old 11-09-2012, 03:27 PM
vincentdds
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus993
Get that baby bolted on! There's a crowd gathering... It's like a James Bond moving coming out!
+1
Old 11-09-2012, 04:33 PM
2K7TTMIA
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I am not reading this entire thread.... Speedtech FTW!!!

Quick Reply: New Turbo Exhaust - early Christmas Present