Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new member saying hi.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:23 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 993S
I think it's fair to say you are a member and poster here because of the ban so it's all good, this forum can use a little more action.
Coming from the active 993 section of Rennlist this part looks very sleepy.
Thanks 993S,
I joined here on the recommendations given to me by my friend Alex at Sharkwerks who is one of the good guys over there. Some may say I can make things interesting at times, but i genuinely always try to keep to topic and keep it clean but sadly where BS is concerned I admit I have a tendency to call it out.
I like to think the forums can be a reliable source of quality information without being contaminated with silly nonsense.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:56 AM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Agree !

People like you attract comments and that is what a forum needs. I used to own a 997 turbo from beginning '07 until the end of '08 and remember this forum to be very lively. Now I just got myself my second turbo and of course started frequenting this forum again. Big difference.

Eclou was always very active here, now he is a mod on 6 and has left this place for good it seems. TTsurgeon too was a great contributor and that is all it takes to make a forum alive and for people like me, 'followers', to join in.

So hopefully you and maybe a few more will bring this part back up to 'speed'.
I'll do my best to post. At the moment I have very little to talk about as my car is blocked for around 40 days waiting for a document from Italy needed for registration.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:54 PM
speed21
Banned

Agree !

People like you attract comments and that is what a forum needs. I used to own a 997 turbo from beginning '07 until the end of '08 and remember this forum to be very lively. Now I just got myself my second turbo and of course started frequenting this forum again. Big difference.

Eclou was always very active here, now he is a mod on 6 and has left this place for good it seems. TTsurgeon too was a great contributor and that is all it takes to make a forum alive and for people like me, 'followers', to join in.

So hopefully you and maybe a few more will bring this part back up to 'speed'.
I'll do my best to post. At the moment I have very little to talk about as my car is blocked for around 40 days waiting for a document from Italy needed for registration.
Yeah all those guys you mention are great guys, but so far it's way quieter over here. Not sure why that is. Could be the site needs a major refresh as it looks a little drab and kinda dated in comparison to 6. Altho 6 has its quiet times too and teamspeed is relatively flashy but very quiet as well...
Btw have you got an EP on? I mean you are in Belgium...
Old 05-05-2012, 03:23 AM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Now that's funny you mention that. As I wrote I just got my car from Italy last week Thursday. Italian cars lack the COC doc and am waiting for that. Should be here in 30-40 days. It's needed to put the car on the road and get tags. So car is sitting.
But just 3 days ago I emailed Stef to see if he had a used exhaust by chance and guess what, he did. And guess what more, It's waiting for me for when I can drive over and have it installed.

I also ordered tequipment option ECA and will have rear console painted silver. Those 2 mod's will look incredible with cocoa.

Layout here: I really like it the way it is.

Last edited by TT-911; 05-05-2012 at 03:39 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:27 AM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stef is an incredible guy.
Take a look at my "used exhaust", he made it look like new before sending it to me.

As for the aesthetics, this forum is closer to my liking... the other is too loud, too many banners, too many moving things... Been around here for years. But I agree. Its slow, more serious perhaps. Even sinister. But then again, it feels more like home!

The NA 997 forum is more lively FYI.

Denis, there are no temp tags to drive it around???? That has to be the longest 40 days of your life!!! Good opportunity to shine the heck out of your car, detail and detail some more.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:54 AM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

It's because of you I emailed Stef, if he had one once he might have an other again. I just wrote him a short mail I was interested in a used one whenever he would get one in. To my surprise he replied he had one.

4 day temp plates are possible from Germany, I used those to get my car from Italy. If the urge becomes intolerable I can order a set for 4 days but so far I'm good, it's raining here almost non stop anyway.

With some luck I have my car on the road before the end of the month. I just drove a non stop 1200km from Venice so I had a big dose of 'turbo' fun.
Reached 298km/h in Germany. Close to my record of 302km/h with my first turbo. Not bad for a 'maiden' drive.

Unfortunately there is no detailing to be done anymore, the car was owned by a nice guy who kept it really like new, he never once drove it in the rain he told me and it shows so I had very little work to bring it to perfect.

Waiting for my ECA parts and than I am going to tackle the rear center console.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:40 PM
speed21
Banned

Now that's funny you mention that. As I wrote I just got my car from Italy last week Thursday. Italian cars lack the COC doc and am waiting for that. Should be here in 30-40 days. It's needed to put the car on the road and get tags. So car is sitting.
But just 3 days ago I emailed Stef to see if he had a used exhaust by chance and guess what, he did. And guess what more, It's waiting for me for when I can drive over and have it installed.

I also ordered tequipment option ECA and will have rear console painted silver. Those 2 mod's will look incredible with cocoa.

Layout here: I really like it the way it is.
It'll probably be a long 30/40 days then but you'll be happy with the system thats for sure and Stef is also an awesome guy to deal with....he will never let you down. Not too many vendors like that out there these days thats for sure. The Europipe is simply the best system out there period. I personally wouldn't stick anything else on my car....maybe with exception to an Akra....but for the money, build quality and service you simply can't beat EP. Btw is you car a tip or stick? And is the EP a 1 or 2?

Originally Posted by dianic
Stef is an incredible guy.

As for the aesthetics, this forum is closer to my liking... the other is too loud, too many banners, too many moving things... Been around here for years. But I agree. Its slow, more serious perhaps. Even sinister. But then again, it feels more like home!

The NA 997 forum is more lively FYI.
Agree Stef is incredibly reliable and ethical. if only all vendors were this way.

Re your comments on Rennlist's site vs 6: Aesthetically it could do possibly do a little better but I'm perfectly fine with it. Plus I'm inclined to agree with you in liking the slower pace. I can't see myself racing back to the other even if i do get let back on. I think the way the place is being run over there lately it has gone to the dogs. You can't have any level of interesting discussion without walking on egg shells in fear of being stepped on by persons that are overprotective and self serving of their own interests an kind. Plus I'm not really into kissing assess for the sake of keeping unjustified heat off me as a consequence of putting bull****ters on the spot. It appears to be much more sensibly run over here....no BS and nonsense like what goes on at 6....well not so far anyway.

NA997 may be more lively but I really only have interest in the current 997TT's and the newer 991 models coming through. So i generally refrain from discussion outside my interests....unless dragged into the debate through the appearance of nonsensical BS.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:01 AM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

My car is a manual and the exhaust is stg1.

Last edited by TT-911; 12-15-2012 at 07:44 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:53 AM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by speed21
Yeah all those guys you mention are great guys, but so far it's way quieter over here. Not sure why that is. Could be the site needs a major refresh as it looks a little drab and kinda dated in comparison to 6. Altho 6 has its quiet times too and teamspeed is relatively flashy but very quiet as well...
Btw have you got an EP on? I mean you are in Belgium...
The turbo is probably one of the lowest volume 911's in the market which contributes to the lack of posts here and I also think these cars have the least amount of mods due to their out of the box performance. That being said, the few mods I've done were based on what I read here.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:30 PM
speed21
Banned

My car is a manual and the exhaust is stg1.
Car looks great in Silver/Cocoa, and nice spec with the manual box too. You won't be disapointed with the EP1. It's quite a noticeable improvement. The spool up is much better. The engine feels crisper and more responsive to throttle imputs right throughout the rev range. You can feel the gains for sure. Very crisp underfoot. It really removes the lagginess of the stock system and wakes everything up. Enjoy! BTW have you got sports chrono? Can't see if there is a wart from your shots.

Heres a couple of pics upon the removal of my tubi street and after refit of the EP1. Take a look at the differences in the size of EP1's cats and the tube diameters to the mufflers VS the other system. Chalk and cheese. And take a look at his welding for gods sakes. Where on earth do you see welding like that these days? Look at the small bit of tube welded onto the end of the bend of the out pipe where the exhaust tips go. Simply amazing! The level of detail and quality is ridiculous!

Are you getting Stef do do the install?
Attached Images    

Last edited by speed21; 05-06-2012 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Adding content.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:54 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by Bob in NY
The turbo is probably one of the lowest volume 911's in the market which contributes to the lack of posts here and I also think these cars have the least amount of mods due to their out of the box performance. That being said, the few mods I've done were based on what I read here.
It's much busier over on 6 for the 997tt but lately but most of the topics are getting pretty old. Things will change and get more interesting once 991tt comes out and even more so a year or two later when there are a few members with them.

I have found that some of the info on prospective mods has been good, and some bad/misleading. It can sometimes be difficult to get the real heads up as members can run the risk of getting themselves shot or becoming unpopular with the admins/mods if the user experience doesnt match what the sponsors spruiking those items are claiming. So unfortunately it can become a bit hit and miss with certain products i have found.....but yes there are some worthwhile mods out there.

So what mods have you got on? Anything juicy?
Old 05-07-2012, 03:24 AM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Yes, I think I am best of to have Stef install the system, no ? There are even some English customers who come over for exhaust and install, he seems to work on the car as meticulously as on producing his exhaust.

The car has SC, why ? It wouldn't have mattered to me if it hadn't. The software is retrofittable. And the benefit would have been no ugly wart, however have to admit that I am used to the thing now after all these years.

Last edited by TT-911; 12-15-2012 at 07:44 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:35 AM
speed21
Banned

Yes, I think I am best of to have Stef install the system, no ? There are even some English customers who come over for exhaust and install, he seems to work on the car as meticulously as on producing his exhaust.

The car has SC, why ? It wouldn't have mattered to me if it hadn't. The software is retrofittable. And the benefit would have been no ugly wart, however have to admit that I am used to the thing now after all these years.
I'd have Stef do it for sure. He'd be very experienced.

I know some don't like the so called wart but i actually pefer it with than without, plus you get all the features that go along with it. I had asked because if yours didnt have the overboost function then a tune would be in order over the retrofit....although then you need a clutch too, sooo...
Old 05-07-2012, 03:42 AM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

When I ordered my first turbo in '07 I hesitated between going for SC and accept the wart or just skip it. In the end I ordered it but never liked the thing on top of the dash. Now, although Porsche offers the full SC functions as a tequipment upgrade, I did not look for a car without it. As I said, it does not bother me anymore. Maybe in a few I will come to like it just like you. I am close to 50, maybe it takes time to accept these 'novelties' lol.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:53 AM
speed21
Banned

When I ordered my first turbo in '07 I hesitated between going for SC and accept the wart or just skip it. In the end I ordered it but never liked the thing on top of the dash. Now, although Porsche offers the full SC functions as a tequipment upgrade, I did not look for a car without it. As I said, it does not bother me anymore. Maybe in a few I will come to like it just like you. I am close to 50, maybe it takes time to accept these 'novelties' lol.
If wisdom does come with age then heck i should know better then lol. I've always like it as a feature and feel it should be a standard, and not a cost option. On the used market everyone you come across seems to want it in. I've seen perfectly good 997tt's without SC sit around unsold for ages and ones with it just seem to go...

Do you plan on any exterior aesthetics...rims body etc?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: new member saying hi.