Sponsored by:

new member saying hi.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 09:43 AM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc GTO
The ride is fine for DD. The only thing that you have to be more conscious of is the lower ground clearance going in and out of driveways, ect.
Reduced ground clearance can its set of problems but you can get to learn to work with that. So the ride isn't jiggy at all? I found in my last car which had the Bilstein coil overs the seats took over the main job of soaking up the bumps. The ride became very jiggly around town and it bought out rattles and squeaks that were never there previously...
Old 04-25-2012, 11:03 AM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am very tempted to go the sweet and easy way of H&R's, rather than coilovers, and just chuck the front spoiler as disposable every once in a while. I think I will live with the lower clearance...
Old 04-25-2012, 06:14 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by speed21
No worries jay...all going well i can put some up tomorrow. Btw love your car. Black's a long time fav of mine. What rims have you got? Very dishy on the rear...nice.

Thanks Nick, and yep it's me. I'll put my avatar up tomorrow..
PM sent.
The wheels are 19inch Iforge Senekas. I get great compliments on them all the time.

Jay
Old 04-26-2012, 09:22 AM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by DJ23
The wheels are 19inch Iforge Senekas. I get great compliments on them all the time.

Jay
They work very well with the car...and 19's too. Cheers.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:00 PM
Doc GTO
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Reduced ground clearance can its set of problems but you can get to learn to work with that. So the ride isn't jiggy at all? I found in my last car which had the Bilstein coil overs the seats took over the main job of soaking up the bumps. The ride became very jiggly around town and it bought out rattles and squeaks that were never there previously...
Nope. The car is solid and it retains the OE solidness. It is like stock but just slightly firmer. Now it feels like it should, if I dare say . . . LOL.
Old 04-26-2012, 01:37 PM
indesj01
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

welcome
Old 04-29-2012, 11:51 PM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by indesj01
welcome
Thanks indesj01! Btw you've got a nice line up of cars there
Old 05-03-2012, 11:59 PM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 130 Posts

So, what havoc did you wreak on the 6, Paul?
Old 05-04-2012, 01:49 AM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by bonehead
So, what havoc did you wreak on the 6, Paul?
Hey Ed! You noticed huh. Well what can i say. I stood up for my own kind against a GTR bully and got shot.....

sigh....

I guess calling a mod out for viceously attacking members with insulting remarks has its price.....not that i have any regrets. I called it the way it was and someone had to do it. Its been long overdue to pull up his and jaspers nonsense. Oh well at least i went out with my own dignity even though very few stood up for me. I guess now my name is mud now as he's been doing his darndest to bury me. I just wish he'd be honest and also put up these so called warnings or shut about it. He's trying his best to villify me and i cant defend myself. Drawing upon my banning two years ago when me and skand went head to head over the APR 1 bar boost claim is clutching at straws. And as you know i ended up vindicated when madsex343 proved it was BS. Plus me and skand are now friends too. I mean how long does a guy have to wait before he is forgiven. Pretty disapointing stuff Ed.

I'll drop you a pm when i get a bit more time and detail it a bit more, but if you read the thread you'll get the gist. Its pretty easy to see what really went down..
Old 05-04-2012, 01:52 AM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Hey Ed! You noticed huh. Well what can i say. I stood up for my own kind against a GTR bully and got shot.....

sigh....

I guess calling a mod out for viceously attacking members with insulting remarks has its price.....not that i have any regrets. I called it the way it was and someone had to do it. Its been long overdue to pull up his and jaspers nonsense. Oh well at least i went out with my own dignity even though very few stood up for me. I guess now my name is mud now as he's been doing his darndest to bury me. I just wish he'd be honest and also put up these so called warnings or shut about it. He's trying his best to villify me and i cant defend myself. Drawing upon my banning two years ago when me and skand went head to head over the APR 1 bar boost claim is clutching at straws. And as you know i ended up vindicated when madsex343 proved it was BS. Plus me and skand are now friends too. I mean how long does a guy have to wait before he is forgiven. Pretty disapointing stuff Ed.

I'll drop you a pm when i get a bit more time and detail it a bit more, but if you read the thread you'll get the gist. Its pretty easy to see what really went down..
Honestly, I don't know of the thread in question. But from your description, I obviously know which mod you are referring to. I'll go dig it up. I could use a little late night entertainment
Is this a 30 day deal or perma-ban?
Old 05-04-2012, 02:01 AM
speed21
Banned

Honestly, I don't know of the thread in question. But from your description, I obviously know which mod you are referring to. I'll go dig it up. I could use a little late night entertainment
Is this a 30 day deal or perma-ban?
Yeh Ed well you should know by now i dont do anything in half measure so i guess his *** is well and truly burning. He indicated i was taking time out.....didnt think it was permanent but with all the kerfuffle thats followed who's to say....

Take a look, its high on the list in the 991 section. Its called gtr vs 991 someting or other. Sorry..should have linked it.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:14 AM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Yeh Ed well you should know by now i dont do anything in half measure so i guess his *** is well and truly burning. He indicated i was taking time out.....didnt think it was permanent but with all the kerfuffle thats followed who's to say....

Take a look, its high on the list in the 991 section. Its called gtr vs 991 someting or other. Sorry..should have linked it.
LOL. That thread is 39 pages long. I skimmed through about 10 of them. I'll just wait for the Cliffs Notes
Sounds like a temp ban. You'll be up and causing trouble in no time
Old 05-04-2012, 02:39 AM
speed21
Banned

LOL. That thread is 39 pages long. I skimmed through about 10 of them. I'll just wait for the Cliffs Notes
Sounds like a temp ban. You'll be up and causing trouble in no time
LOL. Some of it's good reading watching jasper squirm over his silly gtr as per usual. That guy really needs to stop masquerading around pretending to like porsches. A lot of it starts around p19 or a little before. And the other couple of snakes (that you now see propping the ban) I pulled up out of the grass had been trolling the 991 forums annoying the 991 owners for weeks, soooo as id been pulling their nonsense up prior too, when this thread started they took up sides with the mrgtr crowd. Now they are all brothers in arms. The funny one is the overdramatic stance taken over one of my posts to now justify the action. Even the recipient said it wasnt worthy of a ban and his wife is also laughing about it too. So the Mr extreme is left grasping at straws trying to say the quote he banned me for wasnt really the one (you will see my post qouted in his post)... Silly really. I'm pretty sure the powers above would have to see it was all just a very bad decision....based on emotion and not justifiable logic.
But what can one do?.....the milk is spilt.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:53 AM
speed21
Banned

Hey Ed i just took a look. Wow! You are right. Its 39 pages and still on top of the list. I recall a threadi put up about the 997tts vs the GTr made 26 pages and had @30,000 views. It just goes to show viewers like truth and enjoy seeing BS exposed. Maybe i should be sending an invoice for services rendered....JK.....but then again...
Old 05-04-2012, 03:56 AM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

I think it's fair to say you are a member and poster here because of the ban so it's all good, this forum can use a little more action.
Coming from the active 993 section of Rennlist this part looks very sleepy.

Quick Reply: new member saying hi.