Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing Diverter Valves on your TT.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 11:47 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Changing Diverter Valves on your TT.

I recently had my diverter valves changed to new billet diverter valves from Champion Motorsports. It was probably the least expensive modification that I've done with the best performance return. First you will notice a deeper exhaust note immediately upon start up. Second you will engage turbo boost at a lower RPM and maintain the boost pressure longer. The overall performance is very noticeable.

Here is a quick reference from the Champion Motorsport web site:

Spring operated diverter valves are a must-have for anyone with a 996 or 997.2 turbo car, especially in any higher boost application. The valve's job is to efficiently recirculate charge air back into the intake system, and by doing so, maintain boost pressure in the system. The factory valves use a rubber diaphragm which typically cracks and fails under higher boost pressure, resulting in boost leaks and dramatically decreased performance. The Champion/Forge billet valves eliminate the failure-prone rubber diaphragm and operate much a like a piston. This provides consistent and reliable performance without the risk of failure. Each valve is shipped with yellow (15-23 psi) and blue (23-30 psi) springs as well as shims, which allow fine tuning of the valve for each individual application.

And lastly if you could see the very mundane, basic, black plastic diverter valves that Porsche installs with the car you would upgrade tomorrow. Trust me this is one upgrade that won't break the bank and is worth every penny in my opinion.

Jay
Old 02-28-2012, 11:49 PM
Allan-BilletDesign
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 23 Posts

So its only for the 997.2? How much are they?
Old 02-28-2012, 11:59 PM
DaBrat
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome! I got them but have yet to fit them onto my car. After reading your post, I wanna get it done immediately!
Old 02-29-2012, 12:00 AM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Allan-BilletDesign
So its only for the 997.2? How much are they?
$175 each. You need two, so total is $350. I would check the web site for the 997.1 I can't believe that there wouldn't be an upgrade for the .1 as well.

Here is the site. http://www.championmotorsport.com/pr...p/CMSDV02B.htm
Jay
Old 02-29-2012, 01:32 AM
Bford100
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts

Is this mod an easy DIY? For both Turbo and Turbo S? What are the increased performance expectations with new 2012 model, if any?

Quick Reply: Changing Diverter Valves on your TT.