Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Barry's 997tt w/ AWD 65mm VTG Turbos & Clubsport Coolers!!! 60+whp..

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Mike@AWDMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Barry's 997tt w/ AWD 65mm VTG Turbos & Clubsport Coolers!!! 60+whp..

We finally got a chance to fine tune Barry's 997tt w/ AWD 65mm VTG Turbos & EVOMS Clubsport Intercoolers.. We spent some time on tuesday with Todd from EVOMS working on the Tune to try and get the most we could safely get out of the car on 93 Octane.. Barry uses this car for DE events so Peak HP #'s was not of our biggest concern but trying to retain the best powerband we could safely was our goal.. Barry runs full 30 minute sessions with this car non stop and not just quick 60-130 bursts along with 1/4 mile bursts.. Below are the results from the upgrades on 93 octane.. The car picked up 60+whp at 6400rpm.. At 7000rpm I would speculate this car is well into the 600 Range on Pump Gas..

As you can see no major loss in bottom end with big gains on mid and top.. Keep in mind please that we run this car in RWD so the actual RPM is 7000rpm on the street.. The car in 2wd mode will now allow us to pull that RPM for some reason.. The power would continue to climb where these turbos like to breathe on top end..

The only restriction I see in this setup is the Turbo Inlet pipes.. I think we have some gains to be made with those.. Barry and I have discussed upgrading them down the line to the EVOMS Turbo Inlet pipes to reduce that choke point in the system.. For now he is content with the power but i am sure we will revisit the dyno with Inlet piping and provide some further results..

Thanks to Todd @ EVOMS for the Tuning via the EVOMSit Software.. The car runs perfect on and off throttle..
Old 11-12-2010, 06:08 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 68 Posts

What is the point in using VTGs when the peak torque isn't until 4000rpm ? You would surely be better off with some of those Switzer Garrett jobbies.....

I read with interest the mega 68mm Champion VTG efforts - it appears their peak torque isn't until 5000rpm !!

So again why bother with the complexities of VTG
The Champion 68mm dyno chart
Old 11-12-2010, 12:40 PM
Mike@AWDMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TB993tt
What is the point in using VTGs when the peak torque isn't until 4000rpm ? You would surely be better off with some of those Switzer Garrett jobbies.....

I read with interest the mega 68mm Champion VTG efforts - it appears their peak torque isn't until 5000rpm !!

So again why bother with the complexities of VTG
The Champion 68mm dyno chart
Peak TQ only moved 200rpm from Stock.. or 60+ gains on top you thinks thats bad?? You wont even notice 200rpm change in powerband but you gain the whole way up after.. These cost 2400.00 vs. Tial Alpha or some others for 5000+.. Id say its good bang for the buck no??

Mike

Quick Reply: Barry's 997tt w/ AWD 65mm VTG Turbos & Clubsport Coolers!!! 60+whp..