Sponsored by:

Turbo S Order

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Gj325
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Turbo S Order

Got the call I was waiting for from dealer. He has my allotment for a April Build.
I am assuming a late May/June Delve. For my Turbo S. I can go next week to go complete my custom build.

Has anyone else who is going to build a Turbo S been told about when they can place order and when to expect delve?

I was starting to waiver was thinking about dropping the Turbo S and going ahead with F430 I could get a 2008 with 2800 mile for about same money.
I just have to believe that the Turbo S will be the car for me bullet proof Porsche engineering along with the Turbo burst of power that I am being told no Ferrari other than 599 or Enzo will match. The only downfall is Turbo exhaust sound.

I know this is a Porsche forum but does anyone think the Ferrari would be the better choice?

The car comes pretty much loaded is there any add on that anyone may think would be a have to get option?

Looking forward to placing the order and stop the research for car of my dreams. Then it will be the waiting till car arrives. But on a good note I can keep Targa until Turbo arrives. Wont be driving to much though a accident would be a money loser.

Gj
Old 02-17-2010, 07:09 PM
SchH III
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gj325:

At the end of November my sale rep indicated I could order a "S" in February. I am very interested in the pricing; if the price approaches $200k, I shall probably keep my 2008 Turbo (may anyway as I have some reservations about the new engine) and look at the alternatives. The downside is my choices are constrained because of no "exotic" dealers or service within a reasonable proximity.

I believe you are correct as a nice F430 will be priced less than a new Turbo.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:33 PM
Gj325
Pro

At the end of November my sale rep indicated I could order a "S" in February. I am very interested in the pricing; if the price approaches $200k
Being told that base of car will be 159k + little change I saw on one report $159,900.00 MSRP
I was going to build a 2010 Turbo but there were none to be had. But since I was going top end with PCCB PDK center locking rims PVT the Turbo S will actually be a little less but I don't think the discount will be much if any haven't got that far plus I haven't actually gave them any monies.

A normal Turbo ready to go could be had with a bit of a discount but not like the 2009 models.
So I think if options are priced same as 2010 I will end up somewhere near 168K MSRP F430 can be bought around 150k depending on year ,color and mileage.

Unless something unexpected comes up will be in Turbo S wife is dead set against Ferrari for some reason she thinks a Ferrari is a mid life crisis and younger chick will follow along with Ferrari. If that did happen I would be lucky to come out with a Trek Bike when she got thru with me. She does my books knows where all the money is at!!!!!!!! and the bullets for the 45 acp

Gj
Old 02-17-2010, 07:53 PM
TestnDoc
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Get the turboS. It will totally smoke a 430. PLus it will be brand new!
Old 02-17-2010, 08:05 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 679 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Gj325
Got the call I was waiting for from dealer. He has my allotment for a April Build.
I am assuming a late May/June Delve. For my Turbo S. I can go next week to go complete my custom build.

Has anyone else who is going to build a Turbo S been told about when they can place order and when to expect delve?

I was starting to waiver was thinking about dropping the Turbo S and going ahead with F430 I could get a 2008 with 2800 mile for about same money.
I just have to believe that the Turbo S will be the car for me bullet proof Porsche engineering along with the Turbo burst of power that I am being told no Ferrari other than 599 or Enzo will match. The only downfall is Turbo exhaust sound.

I know this is a Porsche forum but does anyone think the Ferrari would be the better choice?

The car comes pretty much loaded is there any add on that anyone may think would be a have to get option?

Looking forward to placing the order and stop the research for car of my dreams. Then it will be the waiting till car arrives. But on a good note I can keep Targa until Turbo arrives. Wont be driving to much though a accident would be a money loser.

Gj
Have you driven the F430?
Old 02-17-2010, 08:05 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Odds are you will visit the Dealer less with the turbo S ...although my 09 Cayenne turbo S has been in for a few times already ( 4500 mi)....Good luck...I have been thinking about one
Old 02-18-2010, 07:37 PM
Gj325
Pro

Have you driven the F430?
No I have not driven a F430 The nearest dealer is Atlanta.!!!!

My business Partner had a 328 years back but he ended up selling due to have to take it to Jackson Ms when there was a Ferrari Dealership there. Thats only 200 miles one way from Memphis.It was good for its day but I am sure F430 is way more of a car now.

I know the Ferrari's are more reliable now than the older models are but thats my main reason for Not jumping to Fcar. Love the Ferrari look, sound but I keep telling my self its not worth the hassle.
I was just about ready to head to Atlanta to drive one. When the P Dealer got a 2010 Pdk Turbo in. Went and drove it and boy I was impressed. Dealer let me take it out I didn't get RPMs above 5500 but wow way big difference in Turbo and Targa. I can only imagine the Turbo S will be little bit more impressive

Gj
Old 02-18-2010, 07:47 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I am thinking about the turbo s myself...wish I knew what colors! I want my cab to be white with blue. I am finding out what my C2S cab is worth.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:33 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

The 430 is a great car...it comes down to personal preference! I had a 430 scuderia and I really enjoyed the car. I am a Porsche guy at heart and will be ordering a turbo s cab this weekend to replace my 08TT cab.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:24 PM
Gj325
Pro

I am thinking about the turbo s myself...wish I knew what colors! I want my cab to be white with blue. I am finding out what my C2S cab is worth.
Been told the color(ext ) you have same choices as Turbo with a Ice Blue also for the Turbo S

The Int colors are only Black/Creme and Black / Blue.

I wanted Malachite Green but don't like the Int Choices with the Green So I am wanting a better look at Ice Blue or it will be Ruby Red for me.

The 430 is a great car...it comes down to personal preference! I had a 430 scuderia and I really enjoyed the car. I am a Porsche guy at heart and will be ordering a turbo s cab this weekend to replace my 08TT cab.
Glad to hear that a Ferrari owner would be ordering Turbo S I wish I could drive the Ferrari to put it out of my mind but they are Beautiful Cars My evil plan is to Order TurboS next week I will have it paid off by end of year and then start saving for a Ferrari but will keep Porsche just have a Ferrari maybe 4 years down line. Once my four kids are out of house and all in or out of college. Kids really put a strain on toy purchases

Gj
Old 02-19-2010, 03:51 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 679 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Gj325
Been told the color(ext ) you have same choices as Turbo with a Ice Blue also for the Turbo S

The Int colors are only Black/Creme and Black / Blue.

I wanted Malachite Green but don't like the Int Choices with the Green So I am wanting a better look at Ice Blue or it will be Ruby Red for me.

Glad to hear that a Ferrari owner would be ordering Turbo S I wish I could drive the Ferrari to put it out of my mind but they are Beautiful Cars My evil plan is to Order TurboS next week I will have it paid off by end of year and then start saving for a Ferrari but will keep Porsche just have a Ferrari maybe 4 years down line. Once my four kids are out of house and all in or out of college. Kids really put a strain on toy purchases

Gj
Don't drive the Ferrari - it may cost you LOL. it's a wonderful car and very different than the porsche. your plan is similar to mine. I was all set on trading my TT for an F430 but just can't stomach the hit I would take on my car - plus I really do love it.

So, instead of selling it now, i'll keep it and put away a few more pennies and in a year or two get the Ferrari while keeping the TT. Best of both worlds.

That is unless my wife tells me i'll have to sleep in one of them.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:35 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 925 Likes on 559 Posts

Originally Posted by E55AMG
That is unless my wife tells me i'll have to sleep in one of them.
This, and she won't park her CLK in the drive way to make room for another toy. And I'm going on another 3K-4K Western road trip this year.

My son drove an F430 3 years ago when they were a huge premium, and got an '07 TT. He would make the same choice today.

Great car the 430 on many levels, just too much flash for me.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:50 PM
RAKLAW
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a Deposit on a 2010 TT Cab.. Last April drove by the local Ferrari Store, and ended up taking a 430 Spider demo out for a test run. By the following Saturday I had traded in my 997S Cab with X51 on a 1000 mile 430 Spider, and cancelled the TT.
Its very tough not to get excited over the 430 visceral experience.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:34 PM
Gj325
Pro

By the following Saturday I had traded in my 997S Cab with X51 on a 1000 mile 430 Spider, and canceled the TT.
Its very tough not to get excited over the 430 visceral experience.
My closest Ferrari dealer is 940 mile round trip since this is my toy and I will only have one for a 4-5 year period I think I am going to order Turbo S and then plan on trying to pick up a Pre-owned 458 Italia maybe by then I will get one close to the F430 prices now. Then I would have double clutch trans in lieu of F1 and then If I need to take Ferrari off for repairs I wont be left with out a toy to play with.Plus I think the Double clutch will prove to be a better setup for Ferrari similar to PDK.

Gj
Old 02-19-2010, 07:42 PM
theporscheguy
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those are really tough choices, but somebody has to make them. I would stick with the Turbo S. Not having a servicing dealer close would become a challenge. I do like the two car plan.

Quick Reply: Turbo S Order