Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo S Order

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 10:53 AM
Gj325
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was told it was not available on a Normal Turbo until then but was on the Turbo S but with that said I have not received my confirmation that Germany has accepted my order.Was told Monday would have by today.I know on UK Site it is listed as a paint to order extra charge but on Germany build site it is available now?

If and when I do I will post what has been accepted.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:39 AM
solarlottry
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i spec'd my TTS last week and everything on the dealer build/porsche website stated that it was only available after mid april. I added 12000 in leather with CF door sills and the 2 tone blue/black interior with ice blue paint on the coupe. The lease was 3400/month! Ouch! i have an 09TT cab 6 speed and at the TTS monthly payment amount, i may be keeping that car. I really want to move to the 2011 TTS and could move in that direction in a couple of years if it doesnt work out new. My only concern is that i wont be able to get a used car with all the leather i want. Additionally it may be difficult to obtain that leather thru Suncoast as the stitching is going to make all the parts "exclusive" We shall see. My dealer here in Honolulu said that there are limited porsche discounts for the car and that the financing/leasing rates could be as high as 8%. Another ouch. I guess Porsche had good financing deals on all of their cars except the GT3 and TT for 2010. Once i have any updates i will let everyone know.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:27 AM
BBTurbo
Instructor

Originally Posted by solarlottry
i spec'd my TTS last week and everything on the dealer build/porsche website stated that it was only available after mid april. I added 12000 in leather with CF door sills and the 2 tone blue/black interior with ice blue paint on the coupe. The lease was 3400/month! Ouch! i have an 09TT cab 6 speed and at the TTS monthly payment amount, i may be keeping that car. I really want to move to the 2011 TTS and could move in that direction in a couple of years if it doesnt work out new. My only concern is that i wont be able to get a used car with all the leather i want. Additionally it may be difficult to obtain that leather thru Suncoast as the stitching is going to make all the parts "exclusive" We shall see. My dealer here in Honolulu said that there are limited porsche discounts for the car and that the financing/leasing rates could be as high as 8%. Another ouch. I guess Porsche had good financing deals on all of their cars except the GT3 and TT for 2010. Once i have any updates i will let everyone know.
In the past, i always found a National lender to give me a decent rate on a loan and then I asked the dealer to match or beat it. It always works. Never leased a car, so don't know how that would play out.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Gj325
Pro

Originally Posted by BBTurbo
In the past, i always found a National lender to give me a decent rate on a loan and then I asked the dealer to match or beat it. It always works. Never leased a car, so don't know how that would play out.
Save up and pay cash. They always accept cash and are willing to deal more when they are getting 160k+
I saved for 15 years to get my first Porsche last year. Then I bought the wrong Model now going to Turbo S is costing me a extra 30 k in my view but the one year driving of the Porsche was great the money is not worth that Exp. You live once. Took a bout of skin cancer to get me off the cash but as long as I have money for basic needs I will never do without again
Old 03-06-2010, 02:55 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

+1 Borrowing money to buy toys doesn't make any sense.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:16 PM
mstams
Racer

Originally Posted by Gj325
Save up and pay cash. They always accept cash and are willing to deal more when they are getting 160k+
I saved for 15 years to get my first Porsche last year. Then I bought the wrong Model now going to Turbo S is costing me a extra 30 k in my view but the one year driving of the Porsche was great the money is not worth that Exp. You live once. Took a bout of skin cancer to get me off the cash but as long as I have money for basic needs I will never do without again
You just made me think... Do dealers really care whether one pays cash? Money is money, so I wonder why they would discount more when someone is not financing. Don't they make a commission selling loans as well? I would think they would rather you finance through them and make some money back on the loan. I can see why they might take you more seriously knowing that you have cash in hand, so maybe that part would make a difference -- but I would consider that having more to do with "buying today" rather than "paying cash". Interesting.

BTW - Financing $160k for 5 years at 6% would be about $25k in interest, so I guess you could say that swapping cars quickly is even worse than borrowing for the purchase. Unfortunately for me, I tend to do both...

Regardless, I know you're going to love the new car. Congrats!!
Old 03-06-2010, 07:02 PM
BBTurbo
Instructor

Originally Posted by mstams
You just made me think... Do dealers really care whether one pays cash? Money is money, so I wonder why they would discount more when someone is not financing. Don't they make a commission selling loans as well? I would think they would rather you finance through them and make some money back on the loan. I can see why they might take you more seriously knowing that you have cash in hand, so maybe that part would make a difference -- but I would consider that having more to do with "buying today" rather than "paying cash". Interesting.

BTW - Financing $160k for 5 years at 6% would be about $25k in interest, so I guess you could say that swapping cars quickly is even worse than borrowing for the purchase. Unfortunately for me, I tend to do both...

Financing does make sense when you can get rates at 2.99% or less. Good tax free Muni's will yield you more than that, so you're better off financing and then investing the cash. Now that most rates are back to 5%+, I agree that cash is King.

As a side note, most dealers I know prefer you to finance. They make money off the financing. I think they get a kick back if you keep the loan for 6 months or more. Some even get a percentage of your rate as a rebate from the bank. Porsche financing is also a fairly lucrative profit center for Porsche, but you can almost always do better with the banks.

Last edited by BBTurbo; 03-07-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Gj325
Pro

Nothing wrong with paying int. I did that a lot in my younger days. I was always taught finance Ness. Pay for lux. But if you have a steady income then go for it.

Yes there is no diff. In lending and wasting as I did I tried to skip out the les exp. way but deep down I should have know that a Turbo would be calling me. Just did not think it would be this soon and this strong
Old 03-06-2010, 09:41 PM
mstams
Racer

Originally Posted by BBTurbo
Porsche financing is also a fairly lucrative profit center for Porsche, but you can almost always do better with the banks.
Yes. I've always done better with credit unions. Sometimes, as someone already mentioned, you can go in with one rate and then get them to beat it. So you know they're getting a slice of the action.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:43 PM
mstams
Racer

but deep down I should have know that a Turbo would be calling me. Just did not think it would be this soon and this strong
Ain't that the truth. I'm just trying to hold out for the next model, but I'm afraid it might be a losing battle...
Old 03-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Gj325
Pro

Ain't that the truth. I'm just trying to hold out for the next model, but I'm afraid it might be a losing battle...
The death of me was going and driving a 2010 Turbo wow. Made want to buy that car and drive for a few month only to trade on Turbo S when it came in lucky for me I dont carry a check book. Bad to impulse buy Now that would have been a losing deal but it would have been more fun
Old 03-06-2010, 10:04 PM
mstams
Racer

The death of me was going and driving a 2010 Turbo wow. Made want to buy that car and drive for a few month only to trade on Turbo S when it came in lucky for me I dont carry a check book. Bad to impulse buy Now that would have been a losing deal but it would have been more fun
We think a lot alike...
Old 03-07-2010, 08:50 AM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I see you have 'the disease' as well...I haven't taken the plunge into the turbo world yet, but every time I do the math, I am keeping my car, for now.

+1 on thinking alike....I just keep telling myself: 'this car will be a keeper'.....
Old 03-07-2010, 10:36 AM
Gj325
Pro

Originally Posted by DRJMK
I see you have 'the disease' as well...I haven't taken the plunge into the turbo world yet, but every time I do the math, I am keeping my car, for now.

+1 on thinking alike....I just keep telling myself: 'this car will be a keeper'.....
Go drive he new PDK Turbo you will then become Terminal. Your adding will always equal Buy me Now.

I know I dont need the extra Power. But man the 2010 Turbo looks feels and for me the PDK with Flappy Shifter made me feel like I could actually drive 10x better. I dont drive a 6speed enough to make the car preform like it should.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:18 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

i can't do it....because if I drive it, I will be plunking down my deposit!!! I know me....
Silly question, is the turbo that much more driving fun than a C2S or C4S? flame suit on....

Quick Reply: Turbo S Order