Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turbo S Order

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 07:56 PM
RAKLAW
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

940 miles would be an issue.. I am within a 20 minute ride.. Very convenient, even if just to stop by say hello and view the inventory.. Of course the Porsche store is within a few hundred yards down the road. RR , Bentley & Aston across the street.. Car guy heaven

Last edited by RAKLAW; 02-19-2010 at 07:56 PM. Reason: wrong mileage
Old 02-19-2010, 08:30 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 679 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by RAKLAW
940 miles would be an issue.. I am within a 20 minute ride.. Very convenient, even if just to stop by say hello and view the inventory.. Of course the Porsche store is within a few hundred yards down the road. RR , Bentley & Aston across the street.. Car guy heaven
Must be Greenwich, right? Was there a few months ago when thinking about the F430. They had a TDF blue spyder/cuio that was just sick.

I think you posted on Fchat when you got your car? - it's beautiful.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:32 PM
RAKLAW
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

right on both counts..

That TDF was gorgeous.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:12 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 47 Posts

My neighbor had an 08 F430 Spider, he let me drive it and then I let him drive my Turbo. A month later he traded it in on a C4S Cab and now has an 010 TT on order. It's very cool no doubt but a bit ostentatious for me. I can't see taking that car to the grocery store or the dairy queen BUT it was awesome to drive and quite a surprise in the ride and comfort department.

Last edited by Bob in NY; 02-19-2010 at 10:37 PM. Reason: i can't spell
Old 02-19-2010, 11:10 PM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob in NY
It's very cool no doubt but a bit ostentatious for me. I can't see taking that car to the grocery store or the dairy queen
I can "dig" that. My TT is Arctic Silver. Now that the initial thrill is gone, I wish I got a more low key color, like Slate or Meteor Grey. It's not even a fabulous Ferrari either. When I park it in certain places I can't help but walk away thinking it yells out "Key me! Ding me!" to low lifes.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:28 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 47 Posts

Silver blends in, if it's going to get keyed it won't matter what color. I was saying an F car is a bit much to take to the grocery store. I take the TT everywhere even the mall if I get a safe spot.
Old 02-20-2010, 12:38 PM
Gj325
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I park it in certain places I can't help but walk away thinking it yells out "Key me! Ding me!" to low lifes.
I cannot understand someone keying any car. We four kids and since they have been big enough to open door they have been taught dont open the door and hit any car. I dont care if its a beat up 74 Ford LTD

If I see a nice car and its a tight parking spot I go the next one. But when I am out in the Porsche I try my best to park where I cant be hit. So far no dings,scratches. I am sure the day will come then I will have it repaired. You cant spend this kind of money for these cars and let them look like you dont care.

I
take the TT everywhere even the mall if I get a safe spot.
I agree if i am going somewhere on weekend and its a nice day. I will be going in my car. There is never enough time to drive them anyway. might as well enjoy. I may have to walk a few hundred yards farther but last time I checked it wasnt hurting me.

Gj
Old 02-20-2010, 01:13 PM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob in NY
. I was saying an F car is a bit much to take to the grocery store.

Just for fun:
Attached Images  
Old 03-03-2010, 06:46 PM
BBTurbo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm trying to Spec out my Turbo S tonight. April build and May/June Delivery. As a side note. One post said interior was only available in Two Tone with either Crema or Titanium Blue. Those are both Turbo S exclusives, but you can still order any Turbo Interior Combo. I'm going with Basalt Black to Match my 2010 GT3 and a Black/Gray Two Tone Interior. Almost everything is standard on the car. I'm only looking at adding a few leather bits and painted side skirts/spoiler.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Gj325
Pro

I'm trying to Spec out my Turbo S tonight. April build and May/June Delivery. As a side note. One post said interior was only available in Two Tone with either Crema or Titanium Blue. Those are both Turbo S exclusives, but you can still order any Turbo Interior Combo. I'm going with Basalt Black to Match my 2010 GT3 and a Black/Gray Two Tone Interior. Almost everything is standard on the car. I'm only looking at adding a few leather bits and painted side skirts/spoiler

I ordered mine last week yes everything is std. On leather except dyed to match color is a extra charge. I went with Ice Blue and Black and Blue Int. Wanted Natural brown but wife thought Black / Blue was better look with Ice Blue. I get a Turbo S Cab. guess I will get use to color if I don't like it Blue that is wont be able to see it when driving.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:44 PM
BBTurbo
Instructor

Originally Posted by Gj325

I ordered mine last week yes everything is std. On leather except dyed to match color is a extra charge. I went with Ice Blue and Black and Blue Int. Wanted Natural brown but wife thought Black / Blue was better look with Ice Blue. I get a Turbo S Cab. guess I will get use to color if I don't like it Blue that is wont be able to see it when driving.

I almost ordered your exact color combo. My dealer talked me out of it. He said the ice blue is a little soft on a coupe. It may toughen up with a cab though. The black roof should break it up a little. I'm betting the Titanium Blue Seats will be sharp. Did you get seat backs in leather?

Last edited by BBTurbo; 03-03-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Gj325
Pro

Did you get seat backs in leather?
No but i have a few days to change according to dealer. Have you seen this . Is it worth extra money.

I wanted Malachite Green to match my Targa but that color is gone . I liked Ruby Red Wife wanted Ice Blue. I let her pick one item she picked black/blue seats. Really didnt think that would be good with Red so Ice Blue it was. Isnt it funny how one selection turns into two
Old 03-03-2010, 08:55 PM
BBTurbo
Instructor

Originally Posted by Gj325
No but i have a few days to change according to dealer. Have you seen this . Is it worth extra money.

I wanted Malachite Green to match my Targa but that color is gone . I liked Ruby Red Wife wanted Ice Blue. I let her pick one item she picked black/blue seats. Really didnt think that would be good with Red so Ice Blue it was. Isnt it funny how one selection turns into two

Seat backs in leather and leather center console really look nice. Doesn't make sense in a track car, but for a nice road touring cab it looks very rich. I had a Ruby Red Carrera S Cab with Black interior. My wife didn't like it. She wanted Blue or Black. Have you seen a picture of the T-Blue interior? I can't find one.

Last edited by BBTurbo; 03-03-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Gj325
Pro

yes just google Turbo S black/blue int. You will have images pop up thats shows that and Black crema
Old 03-04-2010, 10:25 AM
keith911
Track Day

I was at a dealer yesterday and they told me Ice Blue was not available until Aug. They told me since that was the case I couldn't order a Ice Blue Turbo S. Has your dealer told you that? They said I could place a Turbo order and in Aug they would build it.

Quick Reply: Turbo S Order