Sponsored by:

Bose/PCM observation...

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 05:54 PM
therock88
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by phillipj
Wow I guess I must be a freak.. My Bose "Plus" Superior whatever is the worst piece of crap I have had in any high end car..

I actually took my car to the dealer to diagnose why it sounded so bad when I got my car.. Dealer said "Nothing wrong with your system..They all sound like that".

My car had a 150k sticker when new.. I couldn't believe Porsche gave this system the green light.. I guess Germans don't think you should be listening to music while driving.

The sensurround is pathetic.. The Bass is horrible.. The speakers have no range whatsoever.. I have the fader almost 80% to the rear just to make it feel i'm not driving an old pick up truck with AM radio.

My wifes system in her Fiat 500 sounds way better than mine. Sad...

Systems in 20k Scions are far superior to that garbage Bose makes for Porsche. I'm used to how bad it is so now it's just normal.. I'm glad everyone else is so happy with theirs.. Like the saying goes "No Highs, No Lows.. Must be Bose....
Phillip...What the hell are you doing listening to the stereo? You know Porsche put these in because you are supposed to turn them down and punch the car and listen to the Turbos! And upgraded exhausts....

I was not aware they had a stereo until I saw this thread

Take care,
DC
Old 01-03-2015, 06:43 PM
phillipj
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

LOL!
Old 01-03-2015, 07:07 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,243 Likes on 780 Posts

My Bose system in my turbo sounds fine. It actually sounds good. I have no complaints. When I was still driving my 996 C4S every day, I had a very expensive aftermarket system installed with Focal speakers and amps, a Kenwood head unit, etc. it was a big improvement over the Bose system in that car, but I have to say that it didn't sound much better (if at all) than the Bose system in my 997.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:16 AM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

Sounds great to me.
Old 01-04-2015, 01:06 AM
CincyScott
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

While we're talking about it, I plan to leave my PCM in place. However, where do you get an updated disk? I'd even take a disk that was made in the '10s lol.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:48 AM
sidwin
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CincyScott
While we're talking about it, I plan to leave my PCM in place. However, where do you get an updated disk? I'd even take a disk that was made in the '10s lol.
lol... same here. i've seen them on ebay but for $200 a dvd that is 5 years old it is hard to swallow

i've had high end $$$ in the car and the bose stuff IMHO has decent lows and midrange. sounds pretty decent for a stock system considering the size of the speakers. i was working on the car an noticed the subs are little 5.25 in speakers. The high's really aren't ear piercing but i think overall they sound pretty good with my dension usb mp3. i haven't tried the cd player. i guess for a 150k car they could have been better but the sub was pretty well thought of and so was the amp.
Old 01-04-2015, 11:06 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,243 Likes on 780 Posts

I suppose that discussions like this ultimately drove aporsche to offer the Burmester audio option in the 991 and their other models.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:00 PM
Vivid
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the sound is subpar no matter whether using CDs, MP3 data disks, line input or radio. But hey my newly installed FVD exhaust makes it not matter one bit.

Quick Reply: Bose/PCM observation...