Sponsored by:

Rear View Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 04:15 PM
HUMMM 3
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear View Mirrors

I'm trying get both left and right hand auto dimming, electrically heated aspherical rear side view mirrors for my car. The mirrors that the dealer just got for me from Porsche do not have the black bead covering the outer 1/4 inch margin of the mirror, which isn't auto dimming. This leaves an area, albeit small, of annoying glare at night. I know the left hand mirror is available, because Atomic80 has one on his car. What I can't find is the matching right hand mirror with this black bead surround. If it is available it probably wouldn't have the tilt down feature, which I can do without.

It seems the standard combination for Europe is aspherical for the driver side and convex for the passenger side. I think the Brits would have it just the opposite, since they drive on the wrong side of the road. Can anyone here provide a part number for a right hand auto dimming, electrically heated aspherical mirror with the black bead surround?

BTW aspherical mirrors are flat except for the outer 1/5 of the glass, which, marked by an imperceptible line, kind of bends around forward giving a wider field of view. I drove a rental in Europe with these mirrors and really liked them.

Quick Reply: Rear View Mirrors