Dealer tells me 08 TT coupes will be scarce

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 12:58 AM
whyb2nd
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr_KarlB
I dont get this ?
They built as many as they could sell... were there a bunch left over at dealers that they couldnt sell ? Or had to dramatically drop the price to move them , or offer 0% finance etc?
So the lesson was build enough for all the buyers without expensive leftovers sitting on the lots?
I would say they excelled at this
Resale value has minimal effect on new car sales does it... and Porsche make new cars and are in business to make money from selling them?
Owners would like to think they made a good, non-depreciating investment... but its a car, not real-estate or stocks after all.
I don't think Porsche over built MY07 at all, auto trader shows only 15 new on dealer lots in the US as of today.

It's more supply and demand, if MY08 production is cut in half and the demand for the car is high the dealers will be selling more at msrp.
Old 06-22-2007, 01:32 AM
gmoney99
Instructor

SoCal dealers have lots of Turbos on lots or en route.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:41 PM
Dr_KarlB
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by whyb2nd
I don't think Porsche over built MY07 at all, auto trader shows only 15 new on dealer lots in the US as of today.

It's more supply and demand, if MY08 production is cut in half and the demand for the car is high the dealers will be selling more at msrp.
If production is cut in half then they sell half as many $130k cars, but make a few % more on each one.
But if you halve the volumes, the cost of manufacturing and materials goes up, so the overall gross margin drops, and the revenue drops.
Thats a pretty poor business model isnt it.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:21 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member
Veteran: Army

Received 938 Likes on 567 Posts

I could care less how many '08 997TT Porsche builds, which global geographic markets or dealers get them, when I get my car, or how 'rare' it becomes. I am in it for the usual 10 years it takes Porsche to do a quantum leap, till I die, or till I get too old to drive. Whichever comes first. So like my 993, it will be welll maintained and I will have had a huge amount of fun with it, but worth not much by the time I am done with it.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:35 AM
whyb2nd
Burning Brakes

Well put Terry I agree, we buy these cars for our injoyment. The american porsche owners also are so caught up with this low milage thing, making them garage qweens and miss the point of owning the car which is the drive.
I plan on driving mine at least 7k miles a year, and driving it until the wheels fall off.......Or until Porsche come out with some thing better....

Quick Reply: Dealer tells me 08 TT coupes will be scarce