Sponsored by:

Spec'd out the Turbo Cab

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 08:46 PM
GNALUZU
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spec'd out the Turbo Cab

Well, after being on the list since October of 2004 the day has finally come. The dealership has gotten their allocation numbers through October and called me in to pick the options.

I don't know exactly which allocation we are getting, but we are in the top 9 and should have the car delivered before the end of the year, and maybe before Thanksgiving.

Not a ton of options, but here they are:

56 Cobalt Blue
Sea Blue Convertible top
TG Sand Beige Full Leather
M6B Sea Blue Floor Mats
342 Heated Front Seats
P01 Adaptive Sport Seats
635 Park Assist
640 Sports Chrono Package
220 Axle-Differential Lock
XPA Thicker Steering Wheel-Leather
CNE Spoiler Lip Painted
XAJ Standard Rocker Panels Painted
24951 Deviating Carpet - Sea Blue
25731 Upper Das w/Spt. Chr Dev. Clr - Sea Blue
25631 Door Trim in Deviating Color - Sea Blue

Was thinking about the short shift kit, but the sales guy said that they throw has already been significantly reduced for the 997 and the kit makes things very tight (he said people have been complaining).

Strange thing is this. The lease buy out on our current 996 C4S cabrio is $56k. Dealership offered $61k. We said we would think about it. When we called them back 2 days later to accept they said that they weren't interested anymore. I wonder if they are just planning on buying it from Porsche Financial? Oh well, if anyone wants a low miles C4S cab for the buy out price, plus taxes, let me know. Deal has to be done before June 28th.

Can't wait for the car to get here!
Old 06-13-2007, 09:09 PM
MichaelL
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The sport seat backs are gray plastic. Consider getting them painted body color or matching sand leather. The rear console will be sand colored plastic. Paint or leather would be good options. Also think about leather door finishers, again getting rid of plastic.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:55 PM
THinthedesert
Advanced

Originally Posted by GNALUZU
Well, after being on the list since October of 2004 the day has finally come. The dealership has gotten their allocation numbers through October and called me in to pick the options.
Sounds like it will be a beautiful car. I am curious if you are dealing with our "only" dealer here in the Phoenix area. Hard to believe you have had to wait so long as they get quite a few of the 997 (& I presume 997tts too) models as large as this dealer is.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:52 PM
david1
Advanced

Sounds great...I'd suggest the short shifter as there is a significant difference between stock and the option...also, all red (AKA European) tail lights.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:01 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Two things, your sales guy is fos about the ssk, if anthing it's LONGER than the oem 996 ssk. Mine is smooth as silk. I wouldn't want to tear out the console on the 997tt, much more involved(read more likely to squeak) than the 996.
Second, dealers and PFS have an internal program called MVP (market value pricing), allows dealers to buy cars from PFS at a submarket rate and in theory pass the savings onto a customer. The idea is customer retention and auction avoidance which PAG hates.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:14 PM
GNALUZU
Advanced

Originally Posted by THinthedesert
Sounds like it will be a beautiful car. I am curious if you are dealing with our "only" dealer here in the Phoenix area. Hard to believe you have had to wait so long as they get quite a few of the 997 (& I presume 997tts too) models as large as this dealer is.
Yup, dealing with the "only" dealer here. Not sure I understand your question about waiting so long. July is the first production month for the 997 turbo cab. We got on the list when we took delivery of our 996 C4S cab. I am actually glad that we are getting an alocation before the end of the year.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:11 PM
THinthedesert
Advanced

Originally Posted by GNALUZU
Yup, dealing with the "only" dealer here. Not sure I understand your question about waiting so long. July is the first production month for the 997 turbo cab. We got on the list when we took delivery of our 996 C4S cab. I am actually glad that we are getting an alocation before the end of the year.
OOPS, my mistake. I didn't do a good job on the details and did not notice "Cab". Now I know why the wait.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:00 AM
gradyex
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered the ssk also from the factory and can tell you its the best stick to date! No its not the shortest one, I had a 997S with B&M installed (very short). Then I installed the factory ssk for the 997S and it had considerably longer throws compared to the B&M. The long and the short of it is (no pun intended) the ssk on the TT should be STANDARD! Its perfect!
Old 06-15-2007, 06:24 AM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 838 Likes on 384 Posts

ssk +2!

Quick Reply: Spec'd out the Turbo Cab