Sponsored by:

TT production complete

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 10:58 PM
rmira
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TT production complete

I received word from the sales person that my TT is built and waiting on a boat. (I've been given the VIN#). What is the average ETA at dealer after completion.

Thank You
Old 06-06-2007, 11:58 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

My car completed production 5/22, still waiting for a boat. There is a fair amount of coordination getting the right cars on the right boats, with so many US desinations now it can take some time. Once on the ship it takes about 10 days .
Old 06-07-2007, 12:04 AM
rmira
Instructor

Thanks - it looks like our cars were built on the same run. My completion date was 5/22 also. I did not order the LSD. I could not figure out why I needed an rear LSD with four wheel drive that already routes the power to the front if you lose tracion on the rear. The best reason I've heard is resale.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:11 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

You guys will be gettin' your cars very soon!
Old 06-07-2007, 12:17 AM
TT Gasman
Drifting

The LSD has better traction in hard cornering situations, at the track for instance. Probably wouldn't notice it in normal street driving.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:22 AM
rmira
Instructor

TT Surgeon -

I ordered midnight blue with sand. How has the darker color been to take care of, washing, wax, etc.? I'm a little aprehensive about getting a darker color. My last three cars have been light blue, and two tints of silver.

Thanks, Carlos
Old 06-07-2007, 12:26 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

My last car was midnight too, not as bad as black, but no walk in the park either. When it's clean, it's sharp!
My biggest gripe was the light gray interior it had, got very dirty, impossible to keep clean. I have sea now, it's very dark, almost ink. I will never get a light interior on a p car again!
I haven't washed/waxed mine yet, I'm doing the rejex thing this weekend.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:27 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i bought the lsd-i figured that anything that can give me more traction with 480 hp can't be bad-it seemed more useful than paying for porsche crests on my seats, but i agree-in regular use, you probably won't notice it. i use my car in the winter with snow tires, so i thought it made sense.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:30 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
My last car was midnight too, not as bad as black, but no walk in the park either. When it's clean, it's sharp!
My biggest gripe was the light gray interior it had, got very dirty, impossible to keep clean. I have sea now, it's very dark, almost ink. I will never get a light interior on a p car again!
I haven't washed/waxed mine yet, I'm doing the rejex thing this weekend.
chris-what is a sea interior?
Old 06-07-2007, 12:43 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Originally Posted by docjackson1
chris-what is a sea interior?
Dark blue.
see below:
Attached Images  
Old 06-07-2007, 12:43 AM
rmira
Instructor

Originally Posted by DJ 996
The LSD has better traction in hard cornering situations, at the track for instance. Probably wouldn't notice it in normal street driving.
Is that because the rear lock differential keeps power to the rear wheels even if traction is lost? Does it overide the electronic diff that wants to switch power to the front wheels? (Sorry if my questions are dumb).
Old 06-07-2007, 12:57 AM
rmira
Instructor

Originally Posted by docjackson1
i bought the lsd-i figured that anything that can give me more traction with 480 hp can't be bad-it seemed more useful than paying for porsche crests on my seats, but i agree-in regular use, you probably won't notice it. i use my car in the winter with snow tires, so i thought it made sense.
Your argument makes perfect sense. I just can't figure out how it enhances traction. I understand how the PTM works - that makes perfect sense to me, I just don't understand Porsche's comment on their tech spec.." For optimum traction, manual transmission cars can also be equipped with an optional mechanical limited-slip rear differential."
Old 06-07-2007, 01:01 AM
TT Gasman
Drifting

According to Porsche Product Information for the 911 Turbo,
"As on the 911 Turbo (996) a mechanical rear differential lock is available as an option on the new 911 Turbo for particularly sporty drivers. As on the 911 Turbo (996) the locking values are 22% (traction) and 27% (overrun). On the new 911 Turbo too, the mechanical rear differential lock supports the driving dynamics of the Porsche Traction Management AWD system, offering the following advantages:
*higher traction on varying road surfaces and during extreme driving conditions
*improved driving stability during load changes while cornering in extreme driving situations
*increased cornering agility at high levels of lateral accelkeration in extreme driving situations"
Old 06-07-2007, 01:08 AM
rmira
Instructor

I think I understand, it keeps power to the rears longer - it is skewed more towards performance versus safety.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:14 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Dark blue.
see below:
chris-i have had beige before in a p car, and had no problems. i have it now with my guards red tt. your car is beautiful, but imagine the contrast of your exterior color with a beige interior-that would also be sharp. by the way, are you going to drive it in winter? in a bit of snow? i am sure, having owned the c4s, that you have had experience in bad weather in your c4s.

Quick Reply: TT production complete