Wonder how much faster it is with the c/f gearknob and handbrake lever? lol
Great car though. Too much fun!
Old 06-05-2007, 09:20 AM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 682 Likes on 347 Posts

[QUOTE=THinthedesert]
Originally Posted by E55AMG
Here are a few more. Sorry for all the pics but I know seeing lots of pics when I was deciding on options was really helpful. They were REALLY helpful when I was waiting for the car! I think my wife would have preferred if I looked at some **** rather than all the time I spent looking at pictures of TT's LOL!

Chris,

Very very nice. Is the piece just in front of the shifter boot code CDZ "Leather Gear Lever Trim"? It looks nice with the rest of the leather and seems to make it all flow together.
Yep, that's it. One of the (only) benefits of waiting so long for a car is I got to really understand the options and think about what I wanted. This piece is a pain in the *** to get if you want it after the fact.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:38 AM
THinthedesert
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=E55AMG]
Originally Posted by THinthedesert

Yep, that's it. One of the (only) benefits of waiting so long for a car is I got to really understand the options and think about what I wanted. This piece is a pain in the *** to get if you want it after the fact.
Chris,

I like that idea and for sure it will be on my order for a MY08 c2s. Your looks just perfect and very well thought out.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:04 AM
THinthedesert
Advanced

Chris,

I see you got the XMZ Leather Rear Center Console and it looks like the storage bin lid is also covered in leather? Can you show pics of that next time you are taking more of the interior please.

Is it correct that XMZ includes the following?
XMZ Leather Rear Center Console
Includes interior-colored leather-trimmed rear section of center console, switch trim, handbrake finisher and lid of storage bin with decorative seam
Old 06-05-2007, 10:13 AM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Chris and I have very similar cars (what can I say, the guy has good taste). Here the CF console in my car:

This is the rear portion:

Here is an overhead of the front portion of the console:

Here is the "CF door finisher" option:

Old 06-05-2007, 11:18 AM
john0719
Racer

Awesome. Though I'm waiting for the 997 GT2, I wouldn't mind taking this for a spin in the meantime.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:57 AM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Chris,

I see you got the XMZ Leather Rear Center Console and it looks like the storage bin lid is also covered in leather? Can you show pics of that next time you are taking more of the interior please.

Is it correct that XMZ includes the following?
Includes interior-colored leather-trimmed rear section of center console, switch trim, handbrake finisher and lid of storage bin with decorative seam
No, the rear center console does not give you the storage bin with seam and model logo/crest. That is option CUV (for logo). also does not give you switch trim. the e-brake is already leather stitched, I believe, stock.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:06 PM
THinthedesert
Advanced

No, the rear center console does not give you the storage bin with seam and model logo/crest. That is option CUV (for logo). also does not give you switch trim. the e-brake is already leather stitched, I believe, stock.
I may be confusing the issue and not asking my question very clearly, but it appears the storage bin on yours is covered in leather & stitched of course, so is that only available with the logo of choice, or was it offered as an option "less logo", or was it part of the leather center console and provided less logo?

Thanks Chris.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member
Veteran: Army

Received 938 Likes on 567 Posts

I ordered the rear center console in leather without logo. With logo would have been extra $, and I just did not see the point. Likewise the crest in the head restraints that I passed on. I mean, don't we already know it's a Porsche?
Old 06-05-2007, 12:43 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

I may be confusing the issue and not asking my question very clearly, but it appears the storage bin on yours is covered in leather & stitched of course, so is that only available with the logo of choice, or was it offered as an option "less logo", or was it part of the leather center console and provided less logo?

Thanks Chris.
Oh, I gotcha. It is only available with either logo or crest - you can't split it up. And it is not part of the rear center console option.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:54 PM
THinthedesert
Advanced

Originally Posted by Terry Adams
I ordered the rear center console in leather without logo. With logo would have been extra $, and I just did not see the point. Likewise the crest in the head restraints that I passed on. I mean, don't we already know it's a Porsche?
So is the storage lid covered in leather too as part of the leather rear conter console, or was that "logo-less" lid a special order item?

I'm wanting to get the leather covered console and logo-less leather covered lid too, and it seems some of the dealers are unsure about these things and not always willing to do much research to get a definitive answer as to whether or not something is in fact offered as an option.

Thanks to you & Chris (E55AMG) for all the feedback.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:18 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member
Veteran: Army

Received 938 Likes on 567 Posts

TH, you are right. My order sheet says

CPT Leather Storage Bin Lid w/Porsche Crest

As I recall, the salesman said I could have the Leather Storage Bin Lid, but I had to choose either Porsche Crest or Turbo Logo. Without either was not an option.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Ken89911T
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chris,

Beautiful car!! Esp with the PCCB - nice color combo. Your interior is really nice. Great job coordinating the CF and extra leather. Real cool.

I also noted that the black is almost like a dark gray. I finally got around to "feeding" the leather with some Lexol, and it darkened up quite a bit. After another tratment or two, I think it will be very close to the pitch black of my earlier car.

I'd like to hear your FS sometime. Maybe this summer we'll do a little drive with some of the other NY/NJ crowd. Like I said before, the Sawmill Pky seems like its made for the TT, as long as there's no radar!

Enjoy the car. I hope it's all you wanted it to be.

Ken
Old 06-06-2007, 06:33 AM
Lenzo
Intermediate

Nice car Chris inside and outside...Enjoy....and please post more pics...
Old 06-07-2007, 11:22 PM
gab997
Racer

Love the car absolutely stunning, also really like the cf interior.

Quick Reply: OK, here are some pics...