Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discounts on Turbos

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 12:41 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

I got a discount on my TT and on my Rolex!
People who are afraid to ask for a discount are really only hurting themselves.
I have met lots of people just like that and I just cannot understand their logic. I find that it's usually people who are insecure about their wealth and are trying to prove that they have $$...just my experiences...
The worst anyone can ever say is no...big deal...just find someone who will say yes...there is always someone who will.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:45 PM
Gemballa1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mark615
997TT on order with and MSRP of around $147K. We are in the luxury goods business and it is unheard of to even ask for a discount on something so rare as a 997TT. I mean come on, what is next here, oh can I have a few grand off that Rolex...

I'm getting 5K off sticker and free delivery on my TT and most anyone can get at least 20% off a rolex by staying out of the mall chain stores.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:48 PM
LAT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Free market economy = We chose to be free to make the best deal possible.

For those of you who have to prove you paid more, God bless, you make it easier for the dealers to average thier margins.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:16 PM
AIravani
AutoX

Not the case here in So Cal. I had 2 deposits for the car at different dealers. The 1st one told me that I had to wait 1 yr to a 1 1/2 yr. 2nd dealer I got lucky and got a Feb built. Told him about the discounts that all the good people were getting across the nation. His reply.. "That's nice, do you want your deposit back." With just 5 days before my car is about to dock!! Other's offered me a cup of coffee and one was nice enough to offer me a Porsche hat..
Old 03-14-2007, 02:47 PM
LAT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in Canada and I bought mine out of the US and saved 5% off msrp. never mind that the car would have been 30K more msrp to msrp in Canada. The car is in and paid for and it will be worth the flight to pick it up and the pleasure of the drive home.
The discount paid for all the options.
I would take the deposit back just because of the attitude your dealer is showing, your call.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:51 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

We're giving TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS OFF!

not.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:16 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,083 Likes on 621 Posts

Paid sticker - felt great about the deal.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:18 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tstafford
Paid sticker - felt great about the deal.
ANd the dealer did too. Another "win-win" story, and in the end that is all that matters. Carry on.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:48 PM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gemballa1
I'm getting 5K off sticker and free delivery on my TT and most anyone can get at least 20% off a rolex by staying out of the mall chain stores.
So you are getting 20 % off a stainless Daytona or are you just talking about the gold crap ?
Old 03-14-2007, 06:29 PM
Gemballa1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pole position
So you are getting 20 % off a stainless Daytona or are you just talking about the gold crap ?

Getting off topic but: In the case of the stainless daytona where there is a limited number of them for sale they are usually hard to find at a discount brand new since they easily command over retail and have done so for decades. I have found if you are willing to put in the effort you will most always get a deal. I have quite a few rare watches and have purchased all of them (including the stainless daytona) well under retail and most over 20% off.

As for the TT anyone who puts forth some due diligence and 30 min or so in phone calls can find discounted cars at dealers who have allocations and really dont move the cars much. I found mine out of state since I am in cali and we all know the market here. To each his own.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:17 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mark615
997TT on order with and MSRP of around $147K. We are in the luxury goods business and it is unheard of to even ask for a discount on something so rare as a 997TT. I mean come on, what is next here, oh can I have a few grand off that Rolex...
You are kidding, right?

Discounts abound on Rolex. If you are paying list, PM me and I'll tell you where to shop.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:25 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by pole position
Agreed, SS Daytona is and has been hot and you'll be lucky to buy at MSRP unless you "in" with the dealer. Sort of a Ferrari thing. Every other type can be had at significant discount however. Patek is similar but more money. A 5960 right now lists at $62K or so but try and find one under $75K.

Such is the free-market. God Bless America.

Oh, and yeah, I paid MSRP for mine.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:48 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

I have a SS Daytona that I bought 9 years ago brand new with a discount...first time in the store...no prior sales from there.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:06 PM
CR911
7th Gear

no discount on my ordered tt or my stainless daytona. no premium either. i have made multiple purchases from each store. (i get a porsche and my wife gets diamonds.) i'm still going to enjoy both very much!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-15-2007, 12:17 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by raclaims
I have a SS Daytona that I bought 9 years ago brand new with a discount...first time in the store...no prior sales from there.
Yeah, well that's Joysey. Have you checked to see if it's real?

Just kidding...

Quick Reply: Discounts on Turbos