Sponsored by:

997 tt comparison with ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 12:25 PM
porschegerman
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 997 tt comparison with ???

I found an interesting comment, made by one of rennlist member, on the corvette forum below. Check it out !

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...6&postcount=15
Old 02-12-2007, 12:52 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Yeah, so what, he's entitled to his opinion, esp since he has both.
I think the 997TT is timeless, I love the rear engine-never-gonna-change attitude of a 911.
I also love the vette, helluva car for the same price as an entry level 997. jmo
Old 02-12-2007, 12:58 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by porschegerman
I found an interesting comment, made by one of rennlist member, on the corvette forum below. Check it out !

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...6&postcount=15

Other than stating my opinion based on my experience with both cars, what is interesting about it to you?

Why not take a position and state your opinion being you took the time to point out the thread?
Old 02-12-2007, 01:38 PM
gradyex
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can address one aspect of comfort and the 2 cars (I have owned both only not a Z06 but a C5 which has a very similiar interior). I have had back trouble since i was a teenager and long drives are murder on my lower back. The adaptive sport seats in the Porsche are the BEST sets my body has had the pleasure to drive in for long periods of time. For me the "comfort" of the 2 cars regarding long trips is a no brainer. After 2 surgeries I am much better today but one important factor for me is having a seat that (1) is adjustable in as many different positions as possible (2) Has good lower lumbar support (3) has good side bolster support. The adaptive seats on the 997 Porsche are a dream come true for me. For me, the visability on the Porsche is far superior to the vette, and its especially noticeable driving in the city. The vette feels bigger than it is and takes getting use to darting in and out of traffic. I feel more confident doing it in the Porsche. As far as other comparisons go, I can't comment at all on the Z06 because I havent owned one.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 30 Posts

I do not own either cars. But if I were to choose, I will still take the Corvette for the long road trip as the car is cheaper in comparison. There will be less worry to park and drive the car on unfamiliar roads and neighbourhood.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:34 PM
2k7997tt
Advanced

Sometimes I prefer a 20 year old, beer-stained La-Z-boy over the brand new raw silk sofa. Sometimes I prefer wearing sweats rather than slacks. Sometimes I crave Sloppy Joes over Grilled Sea Bass.

I have driven a ZO6 extensively and I can understand his preference for the ZO6 when plush comfort is desired. The 997TT is a race car...the seats are firm and comfortable, but definitely not plush. The seats of the ZO6 are like a sofa (soft and mushy). If you took 100 eighty year old men and women with arthritis and asked them to choose which seat is more comfortable...I am pretty sure most would choose the mush of the ZO6 seat rather than the firmness of the 997TT seat. However, take 100 race car drivers who were planning on getting nasty with the car, I bet most would select the 997TT seat.

So I understand the preference for the ZO6 on a long road trip. Of the two cars, it is definitely the car closer to the soft, plushyness of a Cadillac.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:53 AM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

"Of the two cars, it is definitely the car closer to the soft, plushyness of a Cadillac."

Aaahhhh.....nothing like a Coupe De Ville
Old 02-13-2007, 09:38 PM
2fas4u
Instructor

Talking oooor!

A coupe de' vette!

haaaa! haaaaa!
couldn't resist.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:18 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 2fas4u
A coupe de' vette!

haaaa! haaaaa!
couldn't resist.

That was funny, but even though the Z06 is a softer ride, it is still more race car like than any luxury car ride...
Old 02-14-2007, 04:31 AM
Myk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Mastiffdog:

I really enjoyed reading your posts. Kept me up till 4am the other day, trying to read them all. I think you could have a second career as a writer!
Old 02-14-2007, 06:25 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Myk
Hey Mastiffdog:

I really enjoyed reading your posts. Kept me up till 4am the other day, trying to read them all. I think you could have a second career as a writer!
He needs a first career first.

All he does is sit around posting on car forums (fora?), have his cars detailed and smoke cigars

Just one of THOSE GUYS from Kalifornia
Old 02-14-2007, 01:17 PM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mastiffdog
Other than stating my opinion based on my experience with both cars, what is interesting about it to you?

Why not take a position and state your opinion being you took the time to point out the thread?
If I may state mine ?

Here is a remark you made a few months ago :

I was very happy with the handling and the ride is excellent. The controls, adaptive seats and the short shift all work together very comfortably and you feel very much in command of the car at all times. The adaptives are real nice, I would recommend them to anyone.
Now you say :

I am not sure what the “adaptive” part of these seats really means, other than they have lots of buttons and ***** for making adjustments. While the 997TT interior looks outstanding and admirable when peering through the window, I have a hollow feeling while I am engaged on the road. Designing comfort into this interior was not high on Porsche's list of priorities.
I have followed your buying, delivery and driving experiences from the beginning and it seems your views have changed. When are you selling ?
Old 02-14-2007, 05:13 PM
porschegerman
7th Gear

Originally Posted by 993S
If I may state mine ?

Here is a remark you made a few months ago :

Now you say :

I have followed your buying, delivery and driving experiences from the beginning and it seems your views have changed. When are you selling ?
Sorry for the delay in replying to everyone's comments. ( I was out of town just came back this morning, then I found this comment..)

993S,
Thanks for your comment, and that was exact point I was going to make !
His preference has been changed. (Two different comments on each forum!)

Mastiffdog,
Let me know when you are ready to sell your tt. I would be interested in purchasing from you. ( I am in Southern Kalifornia too,)
Old 02-14-2007, 08:45 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 993S
If I may state mine ?

I had not planned on selling the 997TT, I still like the car. And thank you for calling me out on my contradictory statements, guilty as charged. All I can say is that my comments were separated by time. I had not yet experienced the comfort of the Z06 seats, so my later criticism of the Adaptive was from a comparison standpoint.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:48 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by allegretto
He needs a first career first.

All he does is sit around posting on car forums (fora?), have his cars detailed and smoke cigars

Just one of THOSE GUYS from Kalifornia

The part about a career, ain't that the truth...

Quick Reply: 997 tt comparison with ???