Sponsored by:

Opinions on lowering the 07 tt

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 03:17 AM
craigsduc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on lowering the 07 tt

Had a 03 GT2 and loved the way the car sat............and now have bought a blk/blk 07 tt to use and enjoy until my white/blk RS arrives this Spring/Summer. I really like the new car and have replaced the stock wheels/tires with Champion 19 inch RS 98 wheels with MPS" Cups ". I don,t put alot of miles on my cars nor do I drive much in the wet so Cups were totally in order. I also got a set of H&R Springs from Champion for the car and have simply not had the time to have them installed yet. I am curious if anyone has had experience with these springs or other properly lowered springs on their 07 tts. The car sits actually better than I expected with the Champions but I still would like to see it sit more like the GT2/RS cars. I know, I know, just leave it stock right? Sorry but I guess I will never grow up. If I did, I probably would sell my tt and pepper to buy a caravan minivan and a Volvo for the wife........................Not going to happen! Life is short and I love Porsches more than any other car..........for street/track potential.................period! Anyway, any actual experience would be well received. Thanks !
Oh and by the way, I planned on selling the tt when the RS arrives as owning two of these cars at the same time is simply irresponsible.......right?
Old 12-15-2006, 10:58 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Lucky you. I would just leave it stock, esp if you're fixin' to sell it in a few months. Lowering will mess with the AWD/PASM based on all the info I've seen.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:48 PM
AAHTT
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

could you still drive it if you lowered it? mine is already scraping the front anywhere I go even at snail speed and at an angle over dips and driveways, the front lip is way too low. If your area is completely flat, or if the car is not a frequent driver I guess you could do it and it would look better, but personally I think it is already too low in the front for a daily driver.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:49 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by craigsduc
Had a 03 GT2 and loved the way the car sat............and now have bought a blk/blk 07 tt to use and enjoy until my white/blk RS arrives this Spring/Summer. I really like the new car and have replaced the stock wheels/tires with Champion 19 inch RS 98 wheels with MPS" Cups ". I don,t put alot of miles on my cars nor do I drive much in the wet so Cups were totally in order. I also got a set of H&R Springs from Champion for the car and have simply not had the time to have them installed yet. I am curious if anyone has had experience with these springs or other properly lowered springs on their 07 tts. The car sits actually better than I expected with the Champions but I still would like to see it sit more like the GT2/RS cars. I know, I know, just leave it stock right? Sorry but I guess I will never grow up. If I did, I probably would sell my tt and pepper to buy a caravan minivan and a Volvo for the wife........................Not going to happen! Life is short and I love Porsches more than any other car..........for street/track potential.................period! Anyway, any actual experience would be well received. Thanks !
Oh and by the way, I planned on selling the tt when the RS arrives as owning two of these cars at the same time is simply irresponsible.......right?
If you can buy at least one of them with cash it is legal for a Man to have two exotics in his garage. Man Law!
Old 12-16-2006, 04:56 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 494 Posts

Originally Posted by craigsduc
I beg to differ. The RS can simply become your track beast and the TT your road car. Makes perfect sense to me (planning for a similar set-up).

Quick Reply: Opinions on lowering the 07 tt