Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Euro 997tt tuning update

Great info

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php...ge=0&fpart=all
Old 11-22-2006, 08:17 PM
AAHTT
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I have to say that american tuners have gotten much better numbers (HP and performance) from their programs. I am disappointed in these european numbers but I am also disappointed that rennteam seems geared more towards european mods/tuning info and no one mentions what tuners have done in the US. Both Evo/GIAC and Protomotive in the US have delivered a better performance gain than all the tuners on that list. I personally have Protomotive on my car and I suggest people check other forums to see dyno and drag slip results. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:46 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 106 Posts

AAH986

Rennteam is a european forum therefore it is normal that people are more geared towards european tuners

As far as who is better, is there any serious magazine test showing the performance of those modified 997TTs in the US?

These are not drag cars (I hope) and drag strips alone or dynomumbo chassis dyno charts hardly qualify to tell you which tuner has a better package isn't it? You need some rolling tests measured independently from 20mph up to max speed and everything in between to really know what is going on.

Not saying they might not be better and faster , just no independent tests on tuned US 997TT s out there to make a judgment call.

The poster is saying (rightfully so) to wait until tuners have done more work on the cars, most of those cars in the test posted are still with stock turbos.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:05 AM
AAHTT
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with you completely, hopefully some independant testing will follow here in the US.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:21 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Car rag's test are typically not helpful since as soon as one comes out, another contradicts the first.

Yurripeans have those noise restrictions that we have few of here and those restrictions mean more muffling. After changing my exhausts I am sure that free-flowing exhausts make a big difference in a car so it may not be a fair comparison no matter what.

After hopping up a few powerplants I can guess that 650-700 WHP should be achievable with the proper mods here without losing drivability.

Quick Reply: Euro 997tt tuning update