Sponsored by:

How about an up-to-date (best/easiest) way to hardwire V1 in '07 turbo

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 02:02 PM
turbojohn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How about an up-to-date (best/easiest) way to hardwire V1 in '07 turbo

Went thru some earlier V1-hookups on Rennlist. Some confusing at best. Not sure I like the Ebay $98 one, seems a waste of cash. All one needs is a hot wire in rear view mirror, sunroof or garage opener (if in roof panel). Can anyone furnish a procedure or reference to a good source of hot wire (but off with key off) in anything in roof panel??? Hate to use cigarette lighter because too much trouble trying to remember to turn off V1. Any lighters in Porsches not live when key off?? Haven't got delivery yet on my turbo yet is reason for some of these questions. Would hate to drive such a magnificent vehicle without V1 protection. thanks.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:28 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,240 Likes on 607 Posts

Very easy. Remove the maplight and find the orange/black wire in the loom going to the mirror. That is your hot wire. The dark brown in the loom is the ground. Took me about 20 minutes. V1 turns on and off with the key.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:10 PM
turbojohn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Appreciate the info, figured there had to be a quick fix to hardwire a V1 in the roof area.

Quick Reply: How about an up-to-date (best/easiest) way to hardwire V1 in '07 turbo